Chapter 18:

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

Date: January 29, 2009

 

After visiting four islands non-stop, Lian and Yifan decided it’s time to have their late lunch. Jay took them to an island and Lian’s jaw drop at the humongous buffet table presented on the beach.

 

“Wipe that drool off your face.” Yifan but Lian was too busy gaping at the scene in front of her.

“This is heaven~!” She squealed.

*Food addict.* Yifan thought and shook his head.

 

Jay led them to a table. Jay, being the gentleman as he is, pulled off Lian’s chair for her. “Thank you.” Lian smiled at him.

“You’re welcome.” Jay returned her smile.

 

The sight of the two smiling at each other involuntarily made Yifan’s eyebrow twitch. *Since when did they become this close?*

 

“I bet you’re hungry, Jay. Take a seat-“ Lian was supposed to point at chair next to her but Yifan cut her off.

“Yes, there’s a vacant seat there.” Yifan pointed at a table three tables away from them.

“The seat here is not occupied-“

“I’m sure the view there is much greater than the view here.”

“As I was saying, he can seat here-“

“It’s also closer to the Buffet table.” He continued not paying attention to Lian.

“Hey, you’re being rude.” Lian hissed at him.

“I’m just saying the advantages of sitting over there. What’s rude about it?” Yifan scoffed. Before war broke out between the two of them Jay decided to speak up.

“It’s okay. I’m not that hungry anyways. I’ll just go look around. Meet you here after 40 minutes. Enjoy your meal.” He politely bowed and walked away.

 

“Hey, aren’t you going to eat?” A waiter, Jay’s friend asked him.

“I’ll just eat inside the bar.” He answered.

“Why? There are plenty of seats here.” He said motioning at the vacant tables.

Jay looked at the empty tables thinking if he should just eat there but then his eyes met Yifan’s cold gaze. “Nah, I don’t want to piss off the dragon.” He told his friend and walked away.

 

*Yeah, walk away.* Yifan smirked triumphantly at Jay’s retreating figure.

 

“What was that for?” Lian asked him.

“What?” He looked at Lian.

“Why did you send him away? He could eat with us you know.” She said.

 

Yifan searched inside his head on how to answer her but he can’t seem to find any. *Why did I send him away?*

 

“I don’t know.” He said.

“You don’t know??” Lian asked incredulously.

“I don’t okay?? Geez, if that guy’s eating arrangement bother you that much then go after him!” He snapped then stood up to get foods from the buffet table.

 

*Why did I fall for this guy again?* Lian clicked her tongue then went to get her own food.

 

They we’re eating silently because they still hold some grudge with each other but mostly because they’re too hungry to speak. Yifan finished his first. *That was good.* He thought and started rubbing his full tummy.

 

He looked at Lian who was busy gobbling up her own. Yifan chuckled, amused at the sight.

 

“What??” Lian snapped at him when he noticed he was staring.

“Hey I thought you’re going to be nice at me?”

“I was planning to but your actions earlier made me think twice.” She said eating her food once again.

 

*What she’s that angry I made that guide eat somewhere else??* He thought then pouted.

 

“That was amazing.” Lian finished her food then looked at the sulking Yifan in front of him.

“What’s the pout for?” She asked and can’t help but smile seeing his pout.

“Why are you even talking to me, talk to that measly tour guide. I bet he’ll be happy. And for the record I’m not pouting.” He said then tried to fix his face.

“I’m just mad because that was rude.” She explained.

“I get it.” He muttered.

 

Lian looked at him and sighed. “Oh come on! I’m the one supposed to be mad here!”

 

“I have every right to be mad too!” He exclaimed. *You chose his freaking side over me!*

 

Before Lian could ask him his ‘rights’, sounds of glasses breaking snapped them out of their banter. They looked at the source of the sound and found it on a table near them. A girl was crying while looking angrily at the guy in front of her sitting with a different woman.

 

*Red= Chinese

*Blue= English

 

“What was that for?” The guy asked.

“That was for getting caught.” She said then she slapped the guy in the face with so much force the people around them including Lian and Yifan gasped in shock.

“That was for cheating at me with this .” She said then glared the American girl the guy is with.

“What the hell is she saying Mike??” The American girl asked him.

“I-I don’t know.” He told her nervously.

“Do you have any relationship with each other??”

“W-We don’t. I swear I don’t know her!”

“Speak in a language I could understand!!!” the Chinese girl snapped then turned to grab the guys hair.

“ACCCKKKK-STOP IT!! IT HURTS CHI!!!!” The guy winced in pain due to the girl, named Chi’s constant pulling of his hair and slapping of his face.

“Don’t hurt him!” The American girl tried to push her away but the Chinese girl stayed strong and pushed her instead.

 

It was a total chaos so the security came in the picture. They grabbed the Chinese girl’s hands that were still clutched unto the guy’s hair.

“Ma’am please let go.” The security tried asking her calmly but she still won’t let go.

“Don’t touch me! Let me teach this guy a lesson!!” She said and continued to hurt him.

“Chi! Let go!” The guy begged.

“Oh hell no you bastard!!” She continued but because the security guys were much more bigger than her they eventually pried her hands away.

“Don’t touch me!” She said trying to get away from one of the guys.

“What happened here?”They asked the guy that was being nursed by the American girl.

“Ask her! That crazy woman just popped out of nowhere then began to hurt us!” The American girl said.

“What the hell are you spouting???”The Chinese girl hisses not understanding a word they’re saying.

“We don’t even know her!”The American girl complained.

“right baby?”She asked the guy. The guy looked at the Chinese girl, guilt evident in his eyes, then sighed.

“Yes. We don’t know her.”He answered.

 

*You definitely know her you bastard.* Yifan thought understanding their conversation.

 

“I would like to file a complaint against that woman!”The American girl pointed at her.

“Don’t point at me!! and what are you saying??”The Chinese girl complained.

“No!”The guy stopped her.

“It’s not necessary.”

“What are you saying??”The American girl asked him.

“Let her go.”He told the security men. They let go of her immediately.

“Just make sure she stays away from us.”That was his last words before walking away with the American girl, completely ignoring the Chinese girl’s protest.

“BASTARD!!!!” She yelled.

“What did the bastard say huh?? What???” She asked the security but because they don’t speak Chinese they can’t answer her.

 

The girl sat down on the sand and began crying. “What did he say?? Did he say he’ll come back??” She asked no one in particular.

“He said you should stay away from him.” Lian can’t take looking at the girl’s pitiful state anymore and decided to help her.

“H-He did?” the girl asked her sniffling.

“Yes, come. Let’s fix you up.” Lian said and offered her hand. The girl took it and stood up.

 

The security was about to follow them but Yifan stopped them.

 

“We’ll take care of her.” He said in English making the guys sigh in relief.

“You sure boy?” They asked and Yifan nodded. The men then went away. Yi fan sighed heavily.

 

“Great, another drama.” He muttered then dragged his feet to follow the girls.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````