Chapter 16: Creepy morning

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

 
Date: January 29, 2009
 
 
Kris’ P.O.V.
 
 
 
I smell something fishy.
 
 
Hmmmh. I don’t know if it’s because I’m eating sea foods right now as our breakfast or is it because Lian is acting strange. How strange? Okay I’ll elaborate. I don’t know what got into me but last night I freaking leaned on her shoulder while mumbling nonsense. That was so embarrassing!! Anyways, because I was tired, due to the fact that we went directly to that damn cliff after we unpacked our luggage, I immediately fell asleep.
 
 
I woke up and found myself sleeping on the couch with a blanket over me. I was thinking of why the heck I am sleeping on a couch when I remembered last night’s embarrassing moment. I thought *Sh*t. The midget will kill me!!* Because I know she don’t like me that much to let me touch her. Heck I don’t even know if she even like me.
 
 
I was racking up my brains for excuses to escape the wrath of the midget when I heard footsteps. I looked up to see her standing in front of me. I closed my eyes. I was expecting her to yell or shout or even scratch my face but none of that happened. 
 
 
Instead I was greeted by a warm “good morning.” I looked at her to see if I’m still dreaming or something but I’m not.
 
 
“You sure sleep a lot.” She chuckled. 
 
“Get ready. We’re going down for breakfast.” She added. Did I mention she’s smiling? 
 
 
 
…at me?
 
 
 
“Is this real?” I suddenly blurted out. 
 
“What do you mean?” She asked confused but still SMILING. Ok, it’s official. It’s either I’m dreaming or I’m on crack. I don’t remember sniffing some kind of drug yesterday…
 
“This is real, silly.” She chuckled again. I swear I saw a glow of light behind her back.
 
“You’re not dreaming. You just woke up and that drool on the side of your lips will prove it.” She said with a playful smile and went towards the balcony. Wait did she just say drool? 
 
 
 
I touched the side of my lips and groaned. 
 
 
I did drool. 
 
 
This is so embarrassing.
 
 
I fixed myself and made sure to wipe this damn drool off my face. I went out of the bathroom and found her watching morning news in the couch. She looked up at me and smiled. 
 
 
 
“You look good.” She said then stood up and turned the television off.
 
 
 
“You look good.”
 
 
 
“You look good.”
 
 
 
“You look good.”
 
 
 
“What are you still standing there for? Let’s go.” She said. I realized she’s already at the door while I’m still rooted on this damn spot because of the words she nonchalantly spout.
 
“C-Coming.” Why am I stuttering??
 
 
She chuckled again. We locked our suite and went towards the elevator. We went inside and because the elevator has mirrors around it I saw it. I saw my very, I mean very red face. I quickly hid my face with the back of my hand wishing she won’t notice it. I took a peak at her and noticed that she’s smiling. Did she take a smile pill or something?
 
 
We reached the ground floor and went towards the restaurant. I was about to go to the table for four but she already sat towards the table for two. I looked at her dumbfounded. 
 
 
“Come sit.” She said and motioned towards the seat in front of her.
 
 
I warily obliged and took a seat. If you’re wondering what’s the big deal with sitting on a table for two it’s because the midget never, as in NEVER, allowed me to sit with her in a table for two. She said it made us look intimate and she doesn’t like that. 
 
 
A waitress came by holding menus. She gave them to us with a smile. “Good morning sir/ma’am, here’s the menu.”
 
 
We took it and scanned the menu for what to order. While we were busy the waitress attempted a small talk. 
 
“Are you here for a vacation ma’am?” She asked Lian. 
 
“Yes.” Lian said.
 
“Honeymoon?” She asked and I almost choked of air.
 
 
 
Before Lian or I can reply the waitress continued, “You look good together.” She said with a smile. I look at Lian and her face is starting to get red, is she that angry??
 
 
I turned to glare at the waitress. If Lian slit my throat because of your little nonsensical comments I’ll-
 
 
“Thank you.” Li an said. I looked at her with shock. Did she just say thank you?? I was expecting her to deny it with matching ‘EEEEEE’ and ‘Yuck’ and ‘Are you kidding me??’ I never thought she would say Thank you.
 
 
Lian then gave her orders and I gave mine. I looked at my surroundings trying to figure out if I’m on a show called ‘How to prank a ’ or something along that line but I can’t seem to find something weird or wrong about this place. It’s all normal except this girl in front of me.
 
 
“What’s the deal?” I finally asked her.
 
“What are you talking about?” She asked confused but still smiling. Don’t smile!
 
“What’s the deal about ‘this’?”
 
“What exactly is this?” She asked. 
 
“You.” I said pointing at her.
 
“Me?”
 
“Yes you.  What’s happening to you?” I asked.
 
“Why? What’s wrong with me?” She asked innocently. Oh don’t give me that innocent face.
 
“Why are you being kind and gentle with me??”
 
“Is that wrong?” 
 
“Well n-not really but.. This is not YOU.” I said pointing at her.
 
“Why? What do think is the real ‘me’?” She asked with a smile. AGAIN. This is a serious matter woman, you better not be smiling!
 
“You, you’re Lucifer’s female counterpart! You’re not supposed to be kind at me! You’re supposed to be mean and harsh! Why are you not shouting at me??” I hissed.
 
 
She looked at me amused. “You want me to shout at you?” She asked.
 
“Yes!” I answered oh-so-excitedly. 
I looked at her eyes and realized something. I face palmed myself. “I sound like a masochist am I?” 
 
“Not really.” She chuckled for the nth time today.
 
 
 
I was drowning myself with my stupidity when she decided to speak again. “Is it wrong? Is it wrong for me to be good at you?” She asked her smile is now gone. 
 
“I-It’s not that wrong really. It’s j-just that I’m not used to i-it.” Great I talk like a 3 year old now.
 
“Really?” She asked while looking straight at my eyes it’s making me uncomfortable. 
 
“Y-Yeah…” I said then cleared my throat.
 
“Why are you in a good mood anyway?” I asked.
 
“Let’s just say that I had a good night sleep.” She said and smiled at me. I’m guessing there’s another meaning behind her words but I don’t want to ask her. It might make her angry. I might like Lian’s annoyed face but I can say that her smiling face is beautiful. 
 
 
 
………
 
 
 
….……
 
 
 
Sh*T
 
 
 
Did I just say beautiful??
 
 
 
EWWWWWW YIFAN. 
 
 
 
What the hell are you thinking??
 
 
 
I shivered trying to get that thought away. “Are you cold?” She asked me.
 
“I’m not. This is a tropical country. You think I’ll be able to get a cold-“ I stopped myself from speaking further because her eyes are now narrowing into dangerous slits.
 
“Kidding!” I said and tried to laugh. She just sighed then turned to smile again.
 
 
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not trying to appease her because I love her smile or anything. Pfft that’s nonsense! I’m just trying to be a good boy here because I don’t want to ruin this creepy yet beautiful morning and if I made Lian angry hell might broke loose.
 
 
Our food was served. Good, because I was getting hungry. When the waitress turned around I immediately gobbled my food. I looked at Lian and she was gobbling her food like no tomorrow too.
 
 
“That was good.” I said patting my now full stomach.
 
“It was.” Lian said.
 
“Let’s go.” I said and stood up. I was about to walk away but she stopped me by holding my arm.
 
“Wait.” She said and took the napkin.
 
“Come here.” She motioned with her finger for me to bend down. When I was on the same level as her she surprised me by touching my cheek. I swear time has stopped when she did that. I looked at her eyes and just noticed how beautiful it was. My chest was beating heavily while I look at her.
 
 
“You have some dirt here, you big baby.” She laughed while taking off the dirt.
 
 
Music, sweet music. I can listen to her laugh all day.
 
 
“There it’s gone. Let’s go. Our tour guide is waiting at the lobby.” She said and took off.
 
 
 
I looked at her retreating back while touching my cheek.
 
 
 
 
 
 
What the hell just happened??
 
 
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
You're starting to fall for her Kris.
That's what happening. :D