Chapter 53: Merry Christmas

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

Lian's P.O.V.

 

The song came to a stop and I looked up to smile at Luhan only to find him frowning at something on my back. Before I could ask him what's wrong, a voice I knew too well spoke. I turned around to look at him. Big Mistake. Yifan was wearing a black suit with a grey tie. His hair was styled into perfection and his eyes-those burning brown eyes were looking intently at mine, seemingly looking into my soul.

 

"Luhan, I think Sehun need your help." Yifan told Luhan but his eyes were still intently looking at mine.

"Oh my gosh, what is that boy thinking??" I heard Luhan beside me hissed snapping me out of my heated stare competition with Yifan.

 

I looked to where Luhan was looking and saw Sehun with his left arm around Jongin who looks reallly irritated while helping him up. I'm guessing Sehun must've drink something he should've not. Luhan was about to take a step towards Sehun's direction but stopped. He took a worried glance at me and Yifan who was still looking at me. Why can't he look at somewhere else?? His gaze is making me really uncomfortable so I just chose to look at Luhan.

 

I can see hesitation and anxiousness in his eyes. His anxious about what? Sehun? I also can tell that he's torn between leaving me and going to Sehun. Not wanting to go between their bromance-like what Chi jie told me, I gave him a small smile. "You should go and help Sehun."

 

He seemed to be shock at my words. "Y-You want me to go?" 

I just nodded at him which I don't know why but seemed to make him more anxious than he already was. "You want me to go a-and leave you with him?" He asked as he took a tentative glance at Yifan's direction.

"I have a name you know." I heard Yifan's remark which Luhan and I both ignored.

 

Before I could explain to Luhan that Sehun needed him more than me and that I can take care of myself, Sehun started wailing around yelling "Luhan hyung! Where are you??" repeatedly. Luhan looked at him worriedly before looking back at me again. I mouthed "go". He seemed to hesitate for a second before nodding and turning his heels towards Sehun who beamed a drunk grin when he saw his favorite hyung.

 

Another slow song came and couples who froze watching Sehun's episode started to sway to the music again. Since I don't have anything to do at the dancefloor anymore I made my way back towards our table. I didn't even get to take at least 4 steps before I felt someone's grip on my wrists.

 

It's amazing and at the same time irritating that I immediately can recognize the other person just by his touch. I tried to yank my arm away but it didn't budged. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to relax myself before opening them again. I turned around to snap at him but found myself speechless the moment I saw his eyes again.

 

"Dance with me." It was not an order nor a request.

 

It was a plea.

 

I opened my mouth to snap at him and tell him no but found myself doing nothing. His eyes were soft and warm, seemingly inviting me to go and drown in them. His arrogant and confident aura that I despise so much was gone replaced by a soft pleading one. His grip on my wrist tightened telling me that he didn't want to let me go. 

 

"Please." He begged one more time.

 

I looked at the ground and sighed. He seemed to take that as a yes because he started dragging me towards the center. Apparently, him persuading me took longer than neccessary because another song came up just as we stopped on the center.

 

Unlike Luhan, he took both of my hand and placed them on the either side of his neck. Good thing I wore these ridiculously high heels. He then placed his large hands on either side of my waist sending tingles through my spine and started swaying me side by side. I placed my eyes on anywhere but him. I don't want to look at him again because it's a proven fact that his eyes can render me speechless and is capable of turning off my logical sane side.

 

(Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dCOu1CSgeCg)

 

I held my breath when I felt him leaned towards my ear. "Do you understand english?" I couldn't help but look at him weirdly.

"What's with the random question?" I raised my eyebrow as if asking him if he's joking but he looked serious.

I suddenly felt offended. "We both know that my english is kinda weak compared to yours but is there really a need to rub it off-"

 

"Would you dance, if I asked you to dance?" He asked and I looked at him in confusion. I was about to tell him that I'm currently dancing with him but he cut me off.

"Would you run, and never look back?" Where would I run?

"Would you cry? If you saw me crying?" I shut up by the intensity of his gaze.

"And would you save my soul, tonight?" What? What soul is he saying-Oh! I get it! He's translating the song for me. Aissh, I felt stupid only realizing it now. This is the first time I ever heard Yifan sing so I took the opportunity to just bask myself in the softness of his soothing voice. I admit Luhan's voice was better but there's just something on Yifan's voice that miraculously relax my tense body.

 

"Would you tremble? If I touched your lips?

Would you laugh, oh please tell me this

Now would you die for the one you love

Hold me in your arms tonight."

 

Then he tighten his hold on my waist making our bodies closer than ever. My breath hitched when I felt his lips go near my ears again. His warm breath makes my knees go weak. Then he whispered so low-as if he wanted me to be the only one to hear him, as if the words are for directed for me and me alone,

 

"I can be your hero, baby

I can kiss away the pain

I will stand by you forever

You can take my breath away

 

Woul you answer that you'll always be mine?

Or would you lie? Would you run and hide?

Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?

I don't care, you're here tonight.

 

I can be you're hero, baby

I can kiss away the pain

I would stand by you forever

You can take my breath away"

 
 
I closed my eyes and felt my heart beat in a furious manner at what I'm hearing. The instrumental part came and I was surprised when I felt him lean back and took my right hand from his shoulder and placed it in his only to sway me around the room without breaking eye contact from me. I know alot of people are now looking curiously at us but I didn't notice. All I can see is the man who's effortly swaying me around like a prince I saw in the disney movies. I felt like Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty combined but most of all-I felt like me. The me from two years ago.

 

He then stopped at the center and placed my hand over his shoulders again. He tightened his hold on my waist bringing me closer to him like before. With his eyes closed, he placed his forhead into mine. He then started whispering softly brushing his warm and intoxicating breath directly on my lips. 

 

"Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?" He whispered more like to himself than me because he didn't bother translating it.

Then he opened my eyes and looked directly at me. "I don't care you're here tonight"

 

Another chorus came but we just stood there silently looking at each other. My head is spinning from what's happening. And I felt myself frustrated and confused. I should not be here dancing with him! I should stay away from him as much as possible! Why am I not resisting?? Then realization hit me so hard like a slap to the face.

 

 

Oh no...

 

 

It can't be.

 

 

....I'm starting to fall for him again.

 

 

I shook my head trying to rid of the thought.

 

 

No. JUST NO!

 

 

I CAN'T. NOT AGAIN. 

 

 

I don't want to!!

 

 

I started trashing around, yanking my arms away from he's hold. "Get off me!" I yelled feeling my heart beat faster but with panic this time. NO. I just CAN'T let that happen again.

"Lian, please." I heard him beg but I won't let myself be fooled twice. 

I then felt his grip loosen so I took that as an opportunity to escape."No, just leave me alone!" I hissed at him.

"Lian!" I heard him call me but I refused to look back. I just ran away from the party, away from him.

 

I stopped running at the balcony just outside the hall and sat at the vacant table in it. I covered my face with my hands. I'm such a coward! Then I felt a clothing being drape over me. I was startled and looked up only to find the man I just ran away from looking at me worriedly. I was about to take the jacket off me but he kept it in place. "It's cold." That's the only thing he said before sitting on a chair across from.

 

My mind was screaming for me to run again but my body didn't obey. I guess I was just tired and finally fed up from running. Several minutes passed, I was expecting it to be uncomfortable but it wasn't. I actually find myself enjoying looking at the snow that kept on falling from the night sky. I was beginning to forget that I didn't have any company with me when Yifan decided to break the silence.

 

"Why did you run away?" He asked softly.

Because I don't want to fall for you again. "I just don't want to stay with you any longer, I guess." I shrugged hoping to sound casual about it.

"I wish you didn't..." He whispered.

I don't know why but that sentence made me snap. "What? Do you actually think I enjoy being in your presence? Let me remind you one thing, Yifan. I HATE YOU." I hissed and a part of me wanted to take back what I said immediately because of the look of pain in his eyes.

He sighed then looked at the ground. "I know, I wasn't exactly the perfect guy before." He started.

"I was mean, arrogant, a jerk and a douchebag when all you ever did was to love me. But believe it or not-I learned my lesson. It was too late when I realized that I'm in love with you. I stayed away from you because I think you deserve to be with someone better than me. I moved to Korea to chase after my dream and at the same time forget about you but it was harder than I thought." He then fixed his gaze towards me.

"I thought I had forgotten my feelings for you but it was not the case. The moment I saw you crossing the street, all the feelings and memories we shared came running back to me. And all I ever thought was to be with you again. You know I have a one track mind. Once I set up my mind to do something, I'll do whatever it takes to accomplish it. And that's what I'm doing. I stalked your date with Minho in attempt to ruin it, I once threatened Luhan to stay away from you, I barged in your home without notice, I stole you away from your dance with Luhan-I did all of that because I was jealous. Because I want to be the one doing those things with you." I stayed silent not really knowing what to say.

"I was trying too hard for you to acknowledge me that I failed to realize what it's doing to you. I came in too strong that I didn't consider what you will feel. I'm sorry." He breathed.

"I'm not asking you to forgive me easily but we're going to work together. The least we could do is to be civilized to one another. If my methods to court you is making you feel uncomfortable, I apologize." I looked at him and saw how sincere he is.

"Here." He took out a box from his pocket and gave it to me.

He seemed to notice my confused expression. "Open it." He urged.

 

I took a deep breath hesitating if I'll open the box or not. But then I remembered his words earlier, we're about to work together in the future. The least we could do is to be civilised with one another. So with trembling finger I pulled one of the end of the white bow placed around the small gray box and opened it. 

 

"Wow..."I gasped when I saw the silver wing bracelet.

"Uhm-If it's not to your liking I-I can take it back to the store and change it with something else." He blabbered on.

"Is this for me?" I asked staring at the beautiful bracelet on my hands.

"No, it's for Chi jie, I just wanted to know if she'll like it." He said and I suddenly felt irritation and dissapointment flow in my veins.

"Oh. It's pretty. She'll definitely like it." I said wincing at how snappy I sounded.

"For pete's sake, Lian, that's for you! That woman and I is not exactly on a good term, you know." He rolled his eyes.

"And you think we are?" I retorted but he only ignored me. 

"Here, let me put it on for you." He said and took the bracelet.

"It's okay, I can-"

"Hush. I'm concentrating here." He said as he clasped the bracelet on.

"I have a great taste." He smiled contentedly as he look at my wrist. 

"Why wings?" I asked him.

"Because I want to be you're guardian angel." He smiled his genuine smile at me that I can't help but look at him in daze but it vanished immediately by his next words.

"AND because I can fly." He smirked confidently that I almost believed what he's saying but then I remembered people can't fly.

"Did you smoke something?" I asked him trying to irritated him but he just chuckled.

"You'll see." He winked at me and I just rolled my eyes. What a psycho.

He then looked at his watch. "Oh look at the time, it's already twelve! Merry Christmas, Lian!" He smiled at me.

I suddenly felt guilty not bringing my gift with me and made a mental note to bring it in the future. "Merry Christmas too." I said awkwardly. His gaze is freaking me out!

"Here, you are!" I heard a voice said. We both looked at the back and saw a good looking guy grin at us.

"What are you doing here, Yixing?" Yifan asked.

"I'm here to pick you up, duizhang. Manager hyung were asking for you." He said and I heard Yifan beside me groan while mumbling something along the lines of 'er' and 'wrong timing'.

"Hi, my name is Zhang Yixing. You must be Lau Lian. Nice to finally meet you." The guy offered his hand to me and I shook it.

"How did you know my name?" 

"Trust me, I know more than your name." He winked and I just looked at him in confusion. What is he talking about?

Before I could ask him, Yifan decided to step in. "there's no need to creep her out, Yixing." Yifan said, glaring at his friend who just chuckled.

"Let's go. See you around, Lian." Yixing winked at me which earned a groan from Yifan.

"We're going." Yifan said while dragging the laughing Yixing out but before he step out of the balcony door he turned around and faced me again.

"I know I apologized because of my actions but that doesn't mean I'll stop." He grinned and I felt my jaw drop.

"See you around, midget." He winked leaving me too shock to respond. The nerve of the guy. Where's the serious and sincere Yifan awhile ago? 

 

I clicked my tongue while shaking head. I have a feeling being civilized will be hard, after all.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A/N: Whew! That took longer than I thought! 

onion_gifs_emoticons-24.gif

Merry Christmas guys! And Happy New year too!

May you all have a wonderful year to come 

17-msn_animated_crab.gif17-msn_animated_crab.gif17-msn_animated_crab.gif17-msn_animated_crab.gif17-msn_animated_crab.gif