Chapter 41: Memories

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

November 26, 2011

 

Lian's P.O.V.

 

I woked up by someone yanking the covers covering my eyes. "Wake up Lian!"

I groaned and attempted to take the covers back. "Nu-uh, rise and shine, sweetie. You're on a vacation! Use it wisely!"

"But Chi jie-"

"No buts. Get up and enjoy this wondeful sunny day~ I expect you to be up in 5 minutes." She said before slipping away from my room.

 

I sat up straight and stretched my sore limbs. I looked around and noticed the unfamiliar surroundings. I was about to panic but then I remembered I'm not in my room. Or even in Korea in that matter. I'm inside a hotel. In Japan. The land of the rising sun. SHINee just ended their 2 day concert here and I'm telling you-those two days-no scratch that-this whole month had been hell. 

 

Chi jie and I always followed the boys. From their interviews, their music shows, photoshoots, EVERYWHERE. The highlight of this all was the last two days. We're super exptremely busy preparing the boys for their concert. It was really tiring but all our efforts paid off because the japanese fans loved it. they absolutely adored our SHINee boys. 

 

Because we've been through hell, SM ent. decided to give us a one day break before going back to Korea. I was planning to spend it on sleeping because as I said, my whole body is sore but Chi jie is right. I have to use this vacation wisely. A free trip to Japan like this won't come by easily. 

 

"Lian! Get your lazy going!"

 

I heard Chi jie hollered in the living room. I never saw Chi jie this excited before. I guess she's planning something epic for today.

 

 

I guessed right. Chi jie IS planning something epic today. My suspicions grew larger when she picked the clothes I'm going to wear myself earlier. She even braided my hair! The two of us arrived in the entrance of Tokyo Disneyland.

 

 

I unconsciously frowned.

 

 

This is giving me unwanted memories.

 

 

"Hey guys!" We turned to our right and saw SHINee with their manager walking towards us.

"What a coincidence! You guys are going to play here too?" Chi jie excitedly asked.

"What do you mean coincidence? We talked about this last-OOOFFF!" Onew was cut off by Key elbowing his ribs.

"Yeah, such a coincidence." Key glared at the leader seemingly threatening him.

"A-Ah, neh. ha ha ha." Onew-ssi and the others except Minho who were looking at them dumbfoundedly like me laughed awkwardly.

"Then what are we still doing here? Let's go!" Jonghyun-ssi cheered and dragged Key's arm towards the ticket booth.

"You look good." A voice told me.

I looked beside me and found a dashing looking Minho smiling at me. "You're not bad yourself." I chuckled.

"Did you eat breakfast?" He casually asked while were waiting for the others to buy the ticket.

"Neh, how about you?" I remembered those yummy looking breakfast the hotel has served earlier.

"Yep. Those pancakes are the killers." He grinned and I grinned back.

 

The others came and handed us out tickets. "Hmmm, let's see. What ride are we going to ride first?" Chi jie unnie asked.

"Let's ride the rollercoasters!" Taemin excitedly suggested.

"Roller coaster it is then." Minho smiled and ruffled his hair.

 

We we're waiting in line when Key suddenly speak up. "Look Jonghyun, they have height requirements here. Let's see if you passed."

He said then attempted to drag Jonghyun towards the measuring equipment but Jonghyun yank his arm back. "Thank you for your concern but I so pass this key!" He whined making us all chuckle. 

 

 

(A/N: Italic lines means memories. Listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtlTU-V401I  )

 

 

"Why do you even like amusement parks? I don't find anything amusing here." He asked.

"EVERYTHING is amusing here. I like it because of the rides!" I happily told him.

"Do you even pass the height requirement, midget?" He smirked making my happiness go down the drain.

"I hate you." I scowled at him but he just grinned.

"The more you hate, the more you love~" He sang only making my blood boil.

 

 

I was snapped back to reality by someone tapping my shoulder.

"The line's moving." Minho kindly smiled and pointed at the vacant space in front of me.

"Oh.." i awkwardly smiled at him and moved.

 

 

"What an idiot..."

"shut up! I didn't notice it moved okay??"

"Still an idiot.."

"UGGGHHH!!!!"

 

 

"Please secure her tight." I heard Minho beside me tell the staff.

"She's gonna be fine, sir." The staff told him and smiled at the both of us after making sure we're perfectly secured.

 

 

"Hey, how many people have died here?" He asked one of the staff.

"Hey stop asking unnecessary questions!"

"I'm just making sure I won't end up in a funeral after this!"

"No one died here yet, sir." The staff kindly smiled.

"see? There's no need to panic-"

"Few people only had a minor heart attack and some had fainted." He added with a smile.

"..........."

"..........."

"..........."

"Oh hell no. I'm out."

 

 

"Are you scared? You can hold my hand if you want." Minho offered me but I shook my head.

"I can do this." I smiled at him.

 

 

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Of course I am." He said but the beads of sweat on his forehead and the way he tightly handles the bars proved otherwise.

I stood up from my seat and made my way towards the exit with him following behind. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't like to ride that thing anymore. Let's go to the games instead." 

 

 

"That was awesome!" The guys cheered except Key who was looking for a trash can.

"Let's ride it again!" Taemin hollered.

"I don't think Key can handle another ride." Jonghyun snickered at Key who glared at him.

"Shut up." Key hissed.

"Let's go towards the games then!" Chi jie suggested and we all agreed.

 

 

"Bad move, midget. Bad move." I hear him snickered beside me.

"Games is my expertise. I am so going to beat you here. Prepare to be humiliated." He smirked and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Wu Yi Fan." 

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

 

 

"Awwww. I didn't get it!" Chi Jie whined.

"You want me to get it for you, noona?" Onew offered.

"Yeah, right. As if." Key-ssi scoffed making Onew glare at him.

"Lian, do you want it?" Minho asked me.

"What?"

"You can pick whatever you want and I'll get it for you." He smiled at me.

"Hmmm.. " I looked at the toys hanging.

"Anything's fine." I told him.

"Okay, then I'll get you that... FROG! I'll get you that frog. My fans calls me frog prince, you see." He sheepishly smiled.

"I'll give it to you so everytime you see it you'll be reminded of me." He said.

"Okay, frog prince." I chuckled.

 

 

"Here." The staff handed him his prize: A big stuffed bear.

"What is this?" He asked.

"Your prize, sir."

"What?? But I don't want a bear!"

"But sir, that's the only prize here."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier??"

"S-Sir.."

"Hey, stop harassing the poor guy!" I hissed.

"I don't want a freaking bear! I want a dragon!" 

"B-But sir-"

"Give me my dragon! Why don't you have it??" Oh my gosh, this is so embarassing!!

"I'm sorry. We'll take this bear." I smiled apologetically at the staff and took the bear.

"What?? But I want it-Hey where are you taking me??"

"I'm taking you to your cave, dragon boy." I glared at him and dragged him away.

 

 

We sat on a bench to rest then the speaker started announcing some missing children again. 

I heard the jerk beside me laugh. I give him a glare.

"What? Is it wrong to laugh at some funny memories?" He smirked.

"You're a jerk." 

"And you're a midget." He grinned and I rolled my eyes. 

 

 

"Let's ride the Ferris wheel!" I excitedly told him.

"Boring."

"The spinning tea cups!"

"Too small."

"The Merry-go-round!"

"What are you? four?"

I scowled but thought of a better idea. "Then let's ride the Anchor's away! It's not small, not childish and definitely not boring! Come on."

I started walking towards it but he grabbed my arm and drag me away. "Where are we going?? The ride's this way!"

He stopped his tracks in front of a security guard. I stopped talking curious on what he's going to ask.

"Can I help you, sir?"

"............."

"............"

"Where the hell is the ferris wheel?"

 

 

"I'm tired. Let's take a seat." Key said. I was bout to seat but noticed there's no space left.

"Awww. There's no space left. You and Minho can't seat here. " Chi jie said.

"Look, there's a vacant seat over there." Jonghyun said and pointed at a bench far from here.

"Go on and rest, noona. We're still going to ride alot of stuff later." Taemin angelically smiled at me.

"Come on." Minho took my hand and led me to the bench.

We sat in silence for a while before Minho decided to break it.

"Are you having fun?" He asked and I nodded.

"Of course, why do you ask?"

"Because it seemed like you're preoccupied with something. You're spacing out alot today." he said and I felt my cheeks flush.

"R-Really?"

"Yeah. You're not enjoying this are you?" He asked and I frantically shook my head.

"Of course not! I'm having fun! It's just that.. I remembered some things..." 

"It's good to reminisce some memories but it's better to live in the moment, Lian-ssi." He smiled.

 

 

I heaved a deep sigh. He's right. What the heck am I doing remembering those things?? I should focus on what's now than what's then. And besides, it's not like those memories are important anyways... UGHHH!!! Forget it, Lian!! Stop thinking about him! He's a jerk that don't deserve any of your thoughts! Yeah! He's a jerk! 

 

 

....He's a jerk that still can manage to affect me.

 

 

Gosh, Lian, move on! It's been two years already! MOVE ON! I beg you!!

 

 

My phone ring snapping me out from my internal struggling. I looked at the screen and noticed Chi Jie's number. I looked back to where they're supposed to be seating but found it empty. Where are they??

 

"Chi jie, where are you??" I asked after I answer the phone. Miho looked at me then at the vacant benches across then back at me.

I tap the speaker button so he'll be able to hear it too. "Key-ssi wanted to buy at the SANRIO store so we decided to accompany him."

"What? You should've have told us!" 

"About that.. We forgot. Hehe." What kind of reason is that??

"Anyways, you guys continue and have fun."

"But Chi jie-"

"Don't waste the tickets and Minho-" Minho was startled and so am I. How did she know I'm on speaker??

"-Don't waste the opportunity!" She said.

"Yeah, go for it hyung!" I heard Taemin hollered on the other line.

"Strike when the water's hot-Ouch what was that for Key??"

"It's iron, Jonghyun. Iron."

"Whatever."

"Good luck Minho, bring home chickens later!" Onew-ssi hollered before the line was cut off.

 

 

I don't get it. Why are they talking like Minho's about to run a marathon? I looked beside me and found Minho chuckling.

"Those guys, really..." Then he chuckled some more. After a while he stood up.

"Are we going home?" I asked and followed him.

He stopped in his tracks and looked at me. "Of course not. We're going to play some more."

"But they're not-"

"You heard Chie noona. Let's not waste the tickets!" He chuckled then grabbed my hands and started to run.

 

 

"THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY!!!!" He hollered and laughed while were running.

 

 

I look at him quizically before broking out into a laugh.

 

 

Minho sure is a weirdo. 

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````