Chapter 49: Door full of surprises

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

No one's P.O.V.

 

"What a nice view..." Lian muttered to herself while looking at the view from her balcony. It was a chilly morning of December and Seoul was covered in patches of white. She sipped her hot chocolate while looking at the ground from their eight-floored apartment. It was a busy sight. People of all ages were hurrying to get to their jobs while some are just leisurely walking around with their dogs or children with them. She was alone. Chi was out because the company suddenly called and specifically asked her to come alone. They found it weird but still did it anyway.

 

Thinking of Chi made her remember her date with Minho yesterday. She should've known better that Chi was up to no good when she started fixing herself. Amidst of all confusion, the familiar ringing of their doorbell resonated throughout the apartment.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

"Lian, would you be an angel and answer the door?" Chi yelled from her room.

 

Lian didn't need to be told twice and hurried to answer the door. She knew she should've looked at the monitor first before opening the door because a neatly dressed Minho appeared to be the one behind the door. "Hey." He greeted her with a smile.

"Hey.." She hesitantly greeted back.

*What is he doing here?* Was the first thought that came to her mind.

"Uhmm... Nice pajamas." Minho muttered with pink tints. Lian looked down at her worn-out faded pink sleepwear that her father bought her 5 years ago. It's her choice of clothing whenever she feels down. The memories the piece of clothing held was enough to comfort her in her dark times.

With a blush on her cheeks she muttered a shy thanks. "What are you doing here?" She asked when she completely recovered from her initial embarassment.

"I'm here to pick up Chi noona. She called me last night to ask to accompany her buy her cosmetics and I just couldn't say no." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh..." Was what all she could say. *Why didn't Chi jie asked me instead? I'm free. I can accompany her. Oh I forgot-I was busy moping around.* She scowled when she realized how unproductive she's been for three days now.

*And just because of a stupid guy.* She scoffed silently.

 

"Minho!" A loud voice hollered. "You're here! And why aren't you inviting him in, Lian?" Chi asked.

"I'm sorry! How rude of me. Come in." *Aissh. I'm such an airhead!* She winced while opening the door wider and took a step back to let Minho inside.

"Nice place you got here, noona." Minho complemented which earned a grin from the older lady.

"Where are we going to bu-"

"Wait a minute, Min." She cut him off when her phone rang.

 

The two younger adults stared at Chi, carefully watching how her face changed emotions while talking to the person on the other line. "Okay... it can't be help.... No, It's fine.... Yep. I'll see you later. Bye..." She said and hung up turning to face the confused faces of her dongsaengs.

"You're going, jie jie?" Lian asked and she nodded.

"I thought we're going to shop for your cosmetics?" Chi gave Minho an apologetic look.

"A friend of mine asked me if I could help her with her gig. She's been a dear friend since I got here and I can't refuse her. I'm sorry." She said. Minho looked at her with understanding.

"It's okay, noona. We could do the shopping next time." He offered but Chi shook her head.

"That's the thing, Minho. I kinda need those cosmetics as soon as possible. And I was hoping you and Lian could get it for me." She muttered and bit her lip.

 

Minho, especially Lian's, eyes were wide. *What a sudden turn of events.* They both thought. "Please. Pretty please~ I really needed those and I have to go now. Please~" Chi gave them her puppy eyes while clasping both of her hands together.

"But jie..." Lian hesitated. She doesn't want to burden Minho.

But the latter seemed to like the idea. "Sure." Minho answered with a smile.

"You'd do that for me?" Chi asked with a twinkle in her brown eyes.

"Of course, I'm already here anyways." He shrugged.

"How about you, Lian?" 

Seeing their expectant eyes the timid girl has no choice but to say yes. So with a sighed she nodded her head making her beloved jie jie bounce in happiness.

"I just need to fix myself first." Lian muttered and hurriedly went towards her room.

 

She was surprised to find a dress, a coat, a pair of gloves, a bonnet, and a pair of boots arranged neatly on her bed after she finished her quick shower. She looked closely at it and found a note placed on the dress.

 

Dearest Lian,

Thank you for doing me a favor. You're the best! I'm just doing this to cheer you up, you've been down for a while now... Oh, and please wear these clothes I set up for you. You'll look gorgeous in it, darling~ BTW, the list of what you're going to buy is already in Minho's capable hands. Take care and have fun~

 

P.S.: I know you're going to have fun ;)

 

Hugs&Kisses,

Chi jie jie <3

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

Lian's P.O.V.

 

And that's how I ended up spending the whole day with Minho. He first treated me to a cafe near our apartment then we went out and hailed a taxi to go to the mall. I laughed really hard everytime I try the sample products on Minho's face. We were almost got thrown out for wasting the sample products on each other's faces. We were lucky the attendant have a patience as deep as the ocean. After buying the needed cosmetics, we thought that it's still early to go home so we decided to watch a movie. I enjoyed watching Alvin and the chipmunks. They were so cute! I was really enjoying myself that I failed to notice Minho's discomfort that I later found out when we went out of the cinema.

 

"Someone was throwing popcorns at me." He said while dusting the remaining cheese powder on his shoulder.

"Who would do that?" I asked. How can someone be as rude and not to mention childish, to throw popcorns on someone else's hair?

"I don't know. I wasn't able to catch the culprit." He said with a look of irritation in his eyes.

"I'm going to the restroom. Can you wait a bit?" He asked and I nodded.

 

I decided to wait for him on a nearby bench, my eyes wandering around when I felt someone staring at me. I turned my head to where I felt it came from but found none. Hmmmmh.. must only be my imagnation. After 8 minutes, Minho went out looking pretty decent and refreshed-not that he wasn't before.

 

"Let's go?" He asked and I nodded.

 

We then went to the arcade and had lots of fun in it as well. Minho was really competetive and was keen on beating me in every game. I pouted. Shouldn't guys let the girl win too? I mean-Come on! All was going smoothly with the exception of weird things happening every once in awhile. For example, we were playing basketball and Minho was shooting rather accurately when out of nowhere, a ball made it's way to block Minho's shoots or even worst-to hit his head. I can tell that Minho was pretty pissed but he was good in hiding it. Alot of incidents similar to that happened onwards. Missing sticks for the drums when it was complete when I played it, the steering wheel in Minho's race car were magically covered in sticky stuff just like the insides of the gloves Minho used for the punching game.

 

But the most absurd of all that happened was at the picture booth. After we posed and decorated the pictures inside the booth we hurriedly walked out to find the printed pictures scribbled. And what really weirded me out was that only Minho's face was doodled on. Mine was completely clear.

 

Minho looked furiously around. He was so close into talking with security but stopped. He didn't want to ruin his disguise and put SHINee's name into shame over some petty grade school level pranks-like what he called it. Time really passed by when you're having fun. We decided to hail a cab to send me home. The cab stopped in front of our apartment complex and we both get out of the car. 

 

"I had fun." I smiled at him.

"Me too. Eventhough I just became a victim of pranks." He muttered and I giggled making him grin.

"In all seriousness, I really had fun. We should do this alot more." He said and I shyly nodded.

"Goodbye." He said and it shocked me when he hugged me tight.

 

I stayed frozen on my spot and I'm sure my cheeks are burning red right now. This is the first time someone-a boy in that matter, hugged me so tight. Just when I thought I was about to faint, I hear a silent thud and felt something cold hit my hair. I looked up and found Minho with his eyes closed and his face clearly pissed off. Someone just threw a snowball at him. We looked at the direction of the ball and found it deserted.

 

He let go of me. "I swear if I saw him or her..." He muttered while greeting his teeth then sighed.

"Have a goodnight, Lian." He said and gave me the plastic full of the cosmetics we bought for Chi jie.

"You too, take care on your way home." 

"I will, especially now that someon's targeting me. Bye." He said, waved a small goodbye and went inside the cab. I watched it disappear into a corner.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

No one's P.O.V.

 

*I wonder who was the one messing with him yesterday. Does he have an enemy? An anti-fan, maybe?* Lian's thoughts were cut off by someone ringing their doorbell. 

 

*It must be Chi jie!* She thought and hurriedly opened the door.

 

"Jie, you're bac-" She stopped midsentence and widen her eyes at the presence of someone in front of her.

 

Her body seemed to be frozen in shock looking at the guy who just gave him a boyish grin. The two of them just stared at each other before the guy decided to break it by holding out a plastic bag in front of her while tilting his head to the side. "Want some chinese food?" He asked ever so casually.

 

 

For two consecutive days, their apartment door never failed to surprise her. She silently swore to herself to look at the monitor first or look at the peephole or even asked for their names first before answering the door.

 

 

She finally gathered her senses and stood up straight with her arms crossed below her chest. Mustering all the haughtiness she hope she have, she looked at the dashing man wearing a black sweater with blue scarf draped over his neck with a raised eyebrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you doing here, Yifan?"

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A/N: Heeyyy guys~

Sorry for updating late. I was busy. Miahne.

onion_msn_smileys-11.gif

Thank you for the subscribes and don't forget to leave a comment. <3

 

Next chapter teaser:

"Yah what are you doing with my stuffs??" I yelled as I saw him looking through my drawers.

"Wow, Lian. You really grew. Last time I check you were only cup A. Now you're cup B. Nice~" He grinned while holding out my bra.

"Get out!! You ert!!" I yelled regretting why I didn't call the cops in the first place.

 

See you guys on the next chapter~

onion_msn_smileys-12.gif