Chapter 19:

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

February 01, 2009

 

Mrs. Wu’s P.O.V.

 

Hmmmmh… there’s something wrong about Yifan. Ever since he got back from their make-up trip he began doing weird things. Just like now, we’re eating dinner and the boy was just poking at his foods while staring at nothing.

 

“Yifan are you okay?” Papa asked him.

 

It seems like Yifan didn’t hear it because he didn’t reply and continued staring into space. Papa cleared his throat and asked him again but it was no use. The boy was still absorbed in his own world.

 

“Yifan.” My hubby’s deep and firm voice seems to snap him out of it because he turned to look at his dad.

“Yes dad?” He asked.

“You’re grandpa is asking you something.” He said. Yifan looked surprised then turned to look at his grandpa.

“What is it *Ye ye?” He asked him.

“Are you okay child?”

“…yes.” Yifan answered.

“You don’t look fine to me.”

“I’m telling the truth. I’m really fine.” Yifan insisted. Papa just looked at him, he was not convinced but he decided to not probe Yifan further.

 

We continued eating peacefully but then I remembered something. I looked at Yifan and he also looked at me. “What is it mom?” He asked.

“How’s your vacation with Lian?” I excitedly asked him. I just went home yesterday from a business trip and I can’t wait to know what happened between them during those 2 days and 2 nights trip.

 

I stifled a giggle when I saw how Yifan blushed madly because of my question. Papa and hubby were also amused by how red Yifan’s face is.

 

“I-It was o-okay.” He stuttered. Haha my boy is really cute when he stutters like that.

“Did you enjoy it?” I asked and he just ignored me. I pouted. How could he be so heartless! Ignoring his overly cute mom...

“You spent two days and two nights together on a romantic tropical area.” I started to get his attention and it did. He side glance me while drinking his water.

“Did you use protection?” I curiously asked him and he choked on his water. It was so hilariously amusing all of us in the dining area laughed, excluding Yifan who was busy patting his chest.

“Mom!” He whined after he recovered from his choking incident.

“What? It’s better to be prepared right?” I told him.

 

He looked at me like I’m crazy. “I just want to protect Lian’s body. It’s still too early and painful for her to experience that.” I explained and the look on Yifan’s face is really priceless.

“W-What do you mean by painful??” He asked still stuttering.

“Oh you clearly know what I mean.” I told him and he just continued to gape at me.

“Wait you haven’t answered my question yet. Did you enjoy it?” I asked him. Butler Jiao and the maids are shaking trying their hardest not to laugh. Yifan, my sweet little boy clutched his hair hard in frustration mixed with irritation and embarrassment.

“Mom, for goodness sake… WE DIDN’T MADE LOVE!!” He exploded.

 

………..

 

………..

 

Oh my god.

 

He thought…

 

He thought I’m referring to-PFFFTTTT!!!!!

 

“WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA” I couldn’t hold it anymore. I swear my guts are hurting right now for too much laughing.

“You-you thought-WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA” I can’t even sit straight now. I looked at my husband and father-in-law who were laughing with me.  

“Mom!” Yifan hissed. It took approximately 6 minutes for me to calm down. When I was done I wiped the tears my eyes produced from too much laughing.

“Oh Yifan, you green minded boy.” I chuckled again. Wow, this is too amusing.

“Y-You’re the green minded one mom!” He whined.

“When I said ‘protection’ I meant it as protection from the sun. A sun block lotion to be exact.” I gave him an eye and he looked away embarrassed. I never seen Yifan this red my entire life. God, this is so entertaining.

“And when I asked ‘Did you enjoy it’ I was referring to swimming.” I explained to him and he just continued to look at anywhere but us.

“So my dear son…. Did you enjoy it?” I asked and burst into fits of laughter again together with my dear hubby and father-in-law.

“Ha.Ha. So funny.” He hissed then continued to eat his food angrily.

 

We tried our best to stop laughing and eventually we did. We continued eating harmoniously when my father-in-law decided to be a little playful.

 

 “My dear son.” He called and hubby looked at him.

“Have you gone to the newly opened casino in one of our hotels to play?” He asked and he nodded.

“Well… did you enjoy it?” He asked. Hearing the phrase ‘Did you enjoy it’ brought our laughter once again.

“How about you honey? I bought you tickets to an opera show. Did you enjoy it?” My husband playfully added. We all laughed merrily excluding Yifan.

“You guys are so mature. Really. Mature.” He said sarcastically.

“Awww thank you my handsome son.” I told him and he just shook his head probably thinking of how crazy yet awesome his mom is. He continued cutting his steak while muttering incoherent words.

“So, when will I meet my daughter-in-law again?” Hubby asked and I saw Yifan stiffened.

“I-I don’t know.” He said nervously.

“We can invite her here tomorrow for dinner.” I suggested and Yifan quickly shook his head.

“No! We can’t invite her!” He said.

I raised my eyebrow at him. “Why not?”

“B-Because…uhmmmh… because…” He stuttered.

“Because?” I asked impatiently.

“Because she’s busy with school! Yeah that’s it! She’s busy with school.” He’s convincing us but it seems like he’s convincing himself more.

“I asked her school for a 6 days leave period. She’s not supposed to attend school until the day after tomorrow. Just like you.” I told him my suspiciousness arising in a high speed.

“But I can’t face her yet…” I heard him whisper. Thank god I have a very clear hearing ability despite my age. And the heck? Is he implying he wants to avoid her?

“What did you say?” I asked pretending I didn’t hear him.

“I said she-uhhmmm… she still needs to do her… projects. So she’ll be busy for the next few days, or weeks… or years.” He muttered.

 

I just eyed him and he ducked from my gaze. He finished his quickly stood up and excused himself to went towards his room. Hubby and father looked at me.

 

“You think they’re in a bad terms again?” Papa asked me.

I put on my best smile, “Maybe he’s telling the truth. Kids these days have harder education than us before.” I said trying to convince them. They both nodded seemingly satisfied with my action. I don’t want them to worry about the kids. Papa is too old while hubby is too busy to worry about them.

 

I looked upstairs and smiled when a plan formed in my head. Yifan you funny kid, I’m your mother. I’m the one who suffered nine months just to bring you to the world. You honestly think I don’t know when you’re lying or not?

 

I like Lian to be my daughter. I want her to conceive my grandchildren. I’ll do anything for that to happen. If you won’t tell me why you want to avoid her all of a sudden then I’ll use my plan B. I’ll ask Lian myself. If that didn’t work too it’s okay. There’s still plan c, plan d etc. I’ll make use of all the letters in the alphabet if necessary.

 

“Lian lives in the Yuexiu district right?” I asked father and he nodded.

“Why?” He asked.

“I’m just wondering that’s all.” I told him.

 

I smiled to myself. Guess I’ll be shopping around Yuexi district tomorrow. ;)

 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Something happened on Kris & Lian's last day of vacation.

I guess pretty most of you already guessed what right? ;)

Details will be revealed next chapters :)

Thank you for the subscribes and comments~ Love you guys <3

tumblr_m4wu87R2wV1r6odcb.gif