Chapter 26

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

Lian's P.O.V.

 

I looked at Yifan's retreating back. This is so depressing. Why is he like that?? Is he PMS-ing or something?? Is it wrong to cheer for someone?? He should be thankful I'm even cheering for him! HMMMPH!!!!

 

"Hey." I looked at Rainy whho sat beside me.

"What?"

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I am. Why do you ask?" Do I not look okay to her?

"Well, that guy just gave you the deadliest glare I ever seen. Doesn't it scare you?" She asked and I scoffed.

"What I'm feeling right now is nowhere near scared. Instead I feel a mix of irritation and anger. UGGGHHH!!!" I told her and angrily stomped my foot. She just looked at me and chuckled.

"You're one stubborn girl." She said.

"I know... *sigh*" Sometimes I think I should tune down this stubbornness of mine.

"Can I ask you something?" I nodded at her.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked.

"Doing what?" I asked eventhough I exactly know what she's talking about.

"This." She pointed at the banner in my hands.

"Well this isn't as hard as it looks. All you need is some scissors, glue-"

"I asked you 'why' not 'how'." She narrowed her eyes at me.  I sighed for the upteenth time. I guess I won't be able to escape from her interrogation. 

"Because... I like him." I said while looking at her. She gave me this skeptical look.

"What about him? Does he like you? If ignoring and glaring at someone can be considered as a form of liking then damn he must like you alot!" She rolled her eyes.

"I know he doesn't like me..." I sheepishly admitted.

"Then why are you still doing this?"

"He doesn't like me now but it doesn't mean he won't like me in the future." I told her and she just gave me this 'are-you-kidding-me' look.

"I admire your optimism but how are you sure he's gonna like you back?" She asked once again.

"Because I'm gonna make him. I'm gonna make him like me back." I told her with full confidence.

"uh..... Good luck with that." She scoffed.

"Oh come on! You're my friend right? Aren't you supposed to cheer me on than put me down?" I nudged her sides.

"Exactly. I'm your friend and I don't want you to get hurt. Based on the flow of events you're most likely going to get your biggest heartache ever." She told me but I didn't listen. 

"Come on. Let's change our clothes." I told her and we both stood up and head towards the changing room.

 

I opened my locker and was surprised seeing garbage flow out. I took my uniform and cringed at it's current state. It looks and smell horrible. Wow, so this is what they call bullying? My classmates quickly gathered at my sides. 

 

"Who the hell did that??"

"Ewww. It's disgusting."

"The smell is horrid!"

 

I heard my female classmates comments one by one. Rainy touched my shoulder. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine. I just don't know where will I get my changed of clothes." I told her.

"Here. Take my extra p.e. uniform." The girl who bashed Yifan before offered me her set of clothes. 

"Don't you hate me?" I asked and she just chuckled.

"I hate Wu Yifan, not you. This must be the work of his fangirls. Those jealous es." She clicked her tongue. 

I took her clothes and bowed. "Thanks."

"You're welcome. But I still think you deserve someone better than the angry bird though." She said and we both chuckled.

 

I quickly changed into her clothes. It's abit larger than me since I'm smaller but it'll do. When Rainy finished changing like me we immediately went out but was soon greeted by a commotion inside the boy's locker room. Some boys and girls I recognized as Yifan's classmates was surrounding the door of the boy's locker room.

 

"What is happening?" I asked Rainy.

"I don't know..." She said.

 

Due to curiosity we went near the commotion. Rainy pat a girl's shoulder causing her to look back. "What's happening inside?" She asked. "There's a fight." She answered.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows. Fight? There's no way Yifan is involved in that. He'll be like 'Why would I get involved in such a low and petty fight? You seriously think I'll let my precious face get hurt?' with his face on.

 

Yep. That's the way he roll.

 

"Let's go." I said and grabbed Rainy's hand but she didn't budged.

"No way. It's been years since I saw a fight inside this school. There's no way I won't be able to miss it." She said and went nearer.

"Okay. I'll just wait for you outside." I told her. 

 

I'm not really the type who watch fights like that. I find other things more interesting like finding the culprit who dare mess with my uniform. I was about to step out of our covered court when I heard Rainy shout my name.

 

"Lian!!!" I turned around and saw her running towards me. She stopped when she was near me and grabbed my shoulders.

"What?" I asked her because she looked like she just saw a ghost.

"The angry bird-I mean Wu Yifan," I'll let that one pass.

"What about him?"

"He..."

"He's?"

"He.."

"He's what??" I asked her while shaking her shoulders.

"He's beating up other two guys inside the locker room!!!" She exclaimed and I widen my eyes.

"He's what??"

"He's beating up the guys over there!" She said and pointed at the locker room.

"No way! You're mistaking him for someone!" I told her. There's no way that guy-

"It's him! Who the hell inside this school had the same height and body structure as him? No one!"

"But-"

"Hurry up or he's gonna kill those guys!" She exclaimed. 

 

I immediately ran towards the locker room and shoved people out of the way, ignoring their ''hey!" and "watch it!". My jaw dropped at the scene in front of me. Rainy wasn't exaggerating at all. There is a unconscious body with bloody nose not too far from Yifan who is busy punching the crap out of the person under him. His tall structure was clearly towering the poor soul and his big fists were clearly wrecking the guys face. I bet his mother won't even recognize him!

 

If this goes on any longer I'm betting all of my family's fortune, which is not that much by the way, that this poor guy will suffer a year recovering inside the hospital. So I quickly grabbed Yifan's attention by shouting his name.

 

"Yifan!" He looked back at me with his murderous eyes but it suddenly softened when he recognized it's me.

"Stop it!" I told him. He looked back at the guy with his death glare.

"Don't ever talk about what's mine like that again or I'll make sure to cripple you." He hissed and let go of the guys. 

 

He suddenly walked towards the door. I was expecting him to ignore and leave me like what he's doing for the past few days so imagine my shock when he suddenly grabbed my hands and drag me away from the scene. We passed by Rainy who was looking at me worriedly. I cast her a I'll-be-fine look and she just nodded her head.

 

Yifan dragged me inside a room that I wouldn't recognized as the clinic if not for the medicine cabinets and patient's beds lined up. He got the first-aid kit and sat down at one of the bed. He let go of my hands and looked at me.

 

Why is he staring at me like that?

 

"Aren't you going to fix my wounds?" he asked while raising his eyebrow.

"Hey is that a request or a command?" Tsk, such a rude fellow.

"Why do you think I dragged you here in the first place? Of course because I need someone to treat my wounds."

 

I'm so going to kill this guy but now now since he's hurt and all. I opened the first aid kit and grabbed the things I needed. I put some ointment on a cotton bud and applied it on his face. He immediately winced.

 

"Be gentle!" He hissed. I narrowed my eyes at him and applied the cotton bud harder.

"Yah! I told you to-"

"shut up! I'm the nurse right now!" I told him.

"We have our own nurse here." He said.

"She's not here at the moment so I'm the nurse." I told him and decided to treat him more gently this time.

After a few minutes, treating his wounds was done. I looked at my creation and can't help but laughed. "What's so funny?" He asked.

"You look ugly." I chuckled.

"If I'm ugly than those guys must be damn hideous." He said. I remembered the guys' he beaten up and can't help but shudder. He's right. His wounds are no match for theirs. 

"I didn't know you can fight." I told him and he just shrugged.

"There's alot of things you don't know about me." He said.

"Why did you guys fight anyways?" I asked him and he looked at the other direction.

"Is it about your pet?" I asked him and he looked at me with confusion in his face.

"My what?" He asked.

"Your pet. Is this about Hao kan?" I asked once again.

"How the hell did you come up with that?"

"Well you said something about not talking about what's yours? So I figured it was Hao kan since he's yours and all." I told him and looked down feeling a bit stupid after hearing myself talk.

"...you can say it like that..." He answered after a moment. I have a feeling it's not like that at all but I restrained myself from asking.

"Oh and for you're information, Hao kan is not mine. He's ours. You've been neglecting your duties as a mother." I heard him say. 

 

I looked away not because I'm guilty or something. I looked away because I don't want him to notice my red cheeks. Hearing him talk about Hao kan like he's our son makes my whole system go crazy. I looked around and that's how I noticed some things.

 

"Hey this is the clinic right?" I asked him.

"No this is the male's bathroom." He said and I slapped his arm.

"Hey I'm hurt here! Damn. Of course it's the clinic! Does this look like a classroom to you??" He sarcastically asked.

"Then why are the other guys you beat not here yet?" I retorted.

"There's two clinic inside our school, I'm guessing they're on the other one. But I doubt it, based on the wounds I gave them they're more likely to be admitted inside a hospital than just a clinic." He said with a shrug.

 

How can he be so casual about it??

 

He looked at his watch and stood up. "Where are you going?" I asked him.

"School is over. If you want to stay then suit yourself." He told me and head towards the door.

Not wanting to be left alone, I immediately ran and followed but my face crashed into his back when he stopped. I touched my nose and glared at him. "Why did you stop??" I hissed.

 

He turned around and looked at my face. Then his eyes travelled all the way to my foot then back up again. He was looking at me up and down. I blushed by his stares and put my hand over my chest.

 

"Y-You ert! What are you looking at??" I hissed.

"Tsk, I should give away eye glasses. Precious body my ." He scoffed then continued walking away.

 

I just stood there dumbly staring at his retreating back.

 

Am I missing something here??

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Hi guys~

Thanks for those who stayed with me even though I'm not updating that much.

Also thank you for subscribing!

Eventhough I'm not replying your comments help me in formulating scenarios in my head so keep it coming! hehe :D