Chapter 10: Hello and goodbye

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

The past: January 02, 2009

 

"how's your new year?"

 

You looked up from cleaning another table when a customer from another table asked you this. He's been a loyal customer ever since but he never really bothered to talk to Li an or anything. And that's why him talking to her surprises her.

 

"I-It's fine." She stuttered.

 

So, okay... he's not an ordinary customer. Actually, he's Li an's crush. When Li An thought that 'Happiness' won't get any customer for the day, he always seem to prove that wrong for ordering foods. She can't even count the days when he's the only customer their shop had because it's too many.

 

The guy is about the same age as Yi fan, he might not look as handsome as he is but he have his own charm or more like beauty. If Yi Fan is the serious looking prince, then he is the sweet looking one. Awkward silence has passed until the guy decided to break it.

 

"Aren't you going to ask about mine? It's a common courtesy you know." He said, teasing her, enjoying her flustered expression.

"I-I-" Li An don't know what to do. She never expected that he'll actually talk to her and in a casual manner like they've been friends for so long too.

 

The guy can't help but chuckle on how cute Li an is, stuttering like that which makes Li An pout. *He's teasing me!*

He so wanted to make that cute pout stay longer but he decided that teasing her is enough... for today.

 

"I'm kidding. My name is Luhan by the way." He said and offered his hand for her to shake.

 

tumblr_m39n67E0sS1rtd0vho6_r1_500.png

(A/N: A pic of Exo-M's Marilyn Monroe, Luhan XD)

 

Li An bit her lip and stared anxiously at his hands. His hands compared to hers look so soft AND CLEAN. She doesn't want to ruin that image by shaking her hands filled with dirt from cleaning a table minutes ago. Sensing her demeanors, Luhan grabbed her hand and forced it to shake with his.

 

"Sir, my hands are dirt-"

"Nice meeting you Li an." He cut her off and continued shaking her hand.

"And I would deeply appreciate it if you call me by my name, not sir, boss, Mr., or anything close to that." He flashed her his megawatt smile making her nod her head involuntarily.

"I-I should get to work." She said but the boy didn't release her hands.

"No offence, but I'm the only customer left here." He said. Li An looked around. He's right. He's the only customer left AS ALWAYS.

"Could you please sit and accompany this lone soul." He asked with a bit of a pout making Li An nod involuntarily. 

 

*Curse his good looks.* Li An thought and decided to accompany him since there's really nothing left to do anyways.

 

"Here. Eat this." He said and pushed a bowl of noodles in front of her.

"I-I can't." She said and tried to push the bowl back but a hand stopped her.

"I ordered it for you." He said while boring gazes at her which makes the latter blush hard.

"So eat it well." He smiled and handed her a pair of chopstick.

 

*So that's why he ordered two.* She thought and smiled. The mere thought of him ordering foods for her make her heart skip a beat.

 

Luhan smiled while looking at her smile. 

*I guess she love noodles that much.* He thought not realizing the reasons for her smile is actually him, not those silly noodles.

 

The two talk for a while. Li An learned that the guy is a senior in an all boys high school and that he's a member of the choir meaning he has a knick for singing. He also said that he'll be doing an exchange program in Korea. That newly found info saddens Li An. 

 

*Does it mean, he won't be coming as often as usual or he won't be coming at all?* She thought and glumily took a sip from her bowl.

 

Luhan feel sad about the thought too but he can't do much about it since it's already decided. And he'll be leaving soon too. 

 

"I'll surely miss china, especially since 'Happiness' is here." He laugh lightly trying to lighten up the mood in which he succeeded.

"Happiness' will surely miss you too." *Especially me* Li An wanted to add but too shy to say so.

 

The two finished their meal and Li An turned to send Luhan off.

 

"It's nice meeting you, Li an." Luhan sincerely said.

"It's nice meeting you too Luhan." Li an replied.

"Let's have a bowl of noodles when we meet each other again shall we?" He said and offered his hands again but this time Li An gladly took it.

"We shall." She grinned and shook his hands.

"Goodbye." He said and hugged her. Li An was surprised at first but then returned the hug.

"Goodbye." She said and let go.

 

Li An watched him ride his motorcycle and with a last wave of goodbye he started the engine and zoomed away. Li An heaved a depressing sigh and stepped inside their shop again. She looked around and saw no one inside. She looked at Luhan's usual table and that's when her tears started to fall.

 

*I just get the chance to talk to him today after all this time and now what? He's gone. He shouldn't even bothered talking to me.* She thought sadly.

*What are you thinking of Lau Li An?? At least you were able to talk to him one last time.* She said and wiped her tears away.

 

The bell rang indicating a customer has come inside. Li An immediately wiped the remains of her tears and turned to greet the customer.

 

"Ni Hao, welcome to 'Happiness shop-What are you doing here?"

 

She asked an immediate scowl forming on her face seeing the person she hated to see the most during her sad times. She doesn't want to leave an impression of her being weak to him. And to make it worst, he also brought something her eyes didn't want to see.The latter just smirked at her.

 

"Our baby misses his mommy~" He cooed and brought Hao kan near her face.

 

Li an moved but Yi fan insisted on making her carry their so called 'son' so she really had no choice but to carry the puppy.

 

"Hey, you should greet your own child." Yi fan said with a serious face on.

 

*Why is he taking this 'parenting' thing seriously? He must really love dogs.* She thought.

 

"Hello Nan Kan-I mean Hao Kan." She said and tried her best to smile at the dog. 

"There, it's not so hard isn't it?" Yi fan asked making Li an roll her eyes.

"What are you doing here anyways?" She asked.

"I told you Hao kan missed you and I'm hungry. Go get me some foods." He said and plopped down to Luhan's table. Li an winced but tried hard for him not to notice. She gave hao kanback to it's daddy and made her way towards the kitchen.

"Dad, one large bowl of noodles please." She said glumly. 

 

Mr. Lau who were washing the dishes took notice of this. 

 

"Honey what's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing's wrong dad, I just don't feel good." She lied.

"Oh, then do you want to rest for a bit?"

"I doubt that devil would let me rest." She muttered.

"Devil?"

"Wu Yi fan is the one ordering the food." She said.

"My son-in-law? Why didn't you say so? Go and keep him company. I'll prepare everything." Her dad said and motion for her to go.

"Where's my food?" Yi fan asked her when she sat down across from him, the same seat she sat on moments ago.

"It is being prepared your highness." She sarcastically said. 

 

The two, even though sitting in the same table is busy with their own things. Yi fan is busy playing with Hao kan while Li An is busy drowning herself with her own sadness.

 

"You know, if you don't want me to it here, you should tell." Yi fan suddenly said without taking his eyes off Hao kan.

"What?" Li An asked unsure if she heard him right.

"I said, if you don't want me sitting here you should have told me in the first place." He said still not looking at her.

"It's okay to sit there." She said.

"You're stares speak differently." He said and that's when Li An lower her head embarassed.

"Tell me what's wrong." He said. Li an was surprised. Wu Yi Fan, THE WU YI FAN, wanted her to share her miseries to him? Yi fan couldn't think of the reasons of why he said that but one thing's for sure, he's embarassed by it and it's clearly shown by how red his ears are.

"or..." He coughed, trying to hide his embarassment then carry Hao kan near his face hiding it.

"..you can tell it to me mommy." He said in a failed childish voice while moving hao kan's arms, making it look like Hao kan was the one talking.

Li An can't help but chuckle at Yi fan's childishness. *I always feel better when I tell my problems to anyone. I guess telling him won't hurt.* She thought and decided to open up t him.

 

Li An shared what happened earlier but she deducted some important information like instead of saying he's her crush, she told him he's an important loyal customer and instead of saying she is sad because they won't be seeing each other again she said she's sad because 'Happiness' lost one important customer. Yi fan kept up with his act, replying to Li an's words by using Hao kan.

 

"so... mommy is basically sad because a loyal customer is gone. Is that right?" 'Hao kan' asked.

"Yes." She answered amused that Yi fan is still keeping up his act.

"hmmmmh... don't be sad anymore mommy. People leaving is a natural process anyone experience. As the law of motion states, for every action there is an equal opposite reaction. So if someone left it means someone else will come and replaced him. Don't worry mommy, I'll always be here for you. I'll eat out here everyday and replace that loyal customer guy. In no time, you'll be able to remember him only as a part of your memory."

 

'Hao kan' cheered while clapping his paws. Li an laughed clearly amused by the little show and at the same time touched by the words 'Hao kan' said. Li An looked at Yi fan but all she saw is his ears and it was in bright red. She giggled. 

 

"And not just that, daddy will always be here too." 'Hao kan' continued. After that sentence Yi fan put Hao kan down revealing his face. He looked at Li An intently making her know that he's serious.

"I will always be here." He said making Li an's heart beat in a fast manner. The two looked at each other eyes. *Why didn't I notice of how beautiful it was before.* The both of them thought. Their staring contest was interrupted when Mr. Lau came holding Yi fan's food. He greeted him and turned back towards the kitchen like he never interrupted something.

 

Realizing what he did, Yi fan took his food, says his thank you and gobbled it down to hide his red face. Li an was also embarassed by their little staring contest so she just grabbed Hao kan and played with him to hide her embarassment.

 

"Don't get me wrong. I-I just don't want Hao kan out of my sight that's why I'll accompany him here." He said not looking at her. Li An chuckled. 

 

*So this guy also has his cute side.* She thought and didn't realize that no thought of Luhan has occupied her mind with 'Hao kan' around. 

 

Mr. Lau peeked from the kitchen to see what the kids are doing and he can't help but chuckle. He has heard their conversation earlier starting from the loyal customer to Yi fan's little show. 

 

*I guess the law of motion really is right.* He smiled and looked one last time at the kids before doing the kitchen works again.

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Guys stay tune for Luhan, he'll be one of the important characters later ;)

And 'Hao kan'? Wae are you such a cutie? XD

 

Thanks for the subscribes. Don't forget to leave a comment.

Comments and subscriptions are love <3