Chapter 32

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

No one's P.O.V.

 

"Hey you!" Yifan caught up with the boy he's been meaning to see since saturday. The school ended already and he decided to find him than go practice like what he's doing every weekdays. He already texted Yixing and he just hope that he'll be able to give a good excuse to Show Luo. 

"What?" The boy looked up with an indifferent face, contrary to the once cheerful and friendly aura he gave him before.

"What did you do to my lollipop?" Yifan asked straight-to-the-point, not minding if he sounds painfully childish right now.

"I ate it." The boy said in an equal blunt manner.

"What? What did you say?" He asked one more time trying to see if his ears are fooling him. 

"Are you deaf? I said I ate it." The boy scoffed. Yifan can't help but look at the boy, astounded by his hostility.

 

Yifan doesn't want to brag or anything like that but he knows for a fact that his mere presence sends shivers on people but why is this guy right in front of him acting indifferently?

 

*Where is that friendly guy from before??* He thought while looking at the guy whose face shows boredom but his eyes shows otherwise.

 

Yifan sighed and closed his eyes while gently pinching the bridge of his nose.

 

"Why did you eat it? Who gave you the right to eat it?" He asked trying his best to stay calm.

"I'm hungry so I ate it." The boy shrugged like it was the most normal thing to do.

"You have got to be kidding me." He looked at the boy incredulously.

"I'm not kidding. Why do you think Lian haven't receive any then?" The boy smirked.

 

Yifan was initially planning to just ask the boy his reasons and let him go easily but based on how the boy's behaving right now, he knows he can't let him off the hook just like that.

 

"Why did you do that?" He asked once again.

 

The boy sighed as bored as ever making Yifan's irritation went up a notch.

 

 

He's clearly underestimating him.

 

 

And there's no way in hell Yifan would just let it be.

 

 

"I'm asking you a question here, brat." He hissed.

"We're only going on circles here, man. As I told you before, I'm hungry so I ate it."

"Don't take me for a fool. I know there's something more than that." Yifan narrowed his eyes dangerously at him but the boy didn't even flinched. 

"What are you saying? I told you I'm just hungry-"

"Don't give me that !" Yifan finally snapped.

"Tell me your purpose! Give me a good reason or I swear to God I'm gonna mess that pretty face of yours-" 

"I hate you." The boy told him straight in the eye.

"I hate everything about you, Wu Yifan." He spat like saying his name is the most disgusting thing do.

 

Yifan was dumbfounded. It's not like he doesn't know he's hateful. His antis been reminding him that everyday for crying out loud. It's just that it's his first time hearing someone say it directly to his face and it's definitely making him speechless.

 

"I hate you, Wu Yifan. Is that a good enough reason?" The boy mocked.

"Do I know you??" Yifan can't help but asked. 

 

 

Why does he hates him does much??

 

 

They don't even know each other!

 

 

The boy just chuckled without any hint of amusement in his voice. "You don't." 

"Then why the heck do you-"

"But I know you," The boy added cuting Yifan off.

"You're Luo Lian's fiancee. You're the guy she's hopelessly in love with. You're the guy who kept hurting and rejecting her feelings in everyway possible. You're the guy who caused those tears in her eyes. You're the freaking guy she can't let go!" The guy snapped at him.

 

Silence enveloped them. The only thing heard is the ragged breathing of the boy. After a moment, he finally kept his calm and looked at Yifan once again.

 

"Tell me, do you even like her?" Yifan heard him asked.

"I-I.."

 

Does he like her?

 

He doesn't want to admit it but sure, he like her presence. She's beginning to be a part of his daily life that not having her for a day becomes strange. And not interacting with her gives him this hollow feeling like he's missing something.

 

*But does that mean I like her?*

 

"See? You can't even answer that simple question." His scoffed took him back to reality.

"I'm telling you this now so listen clearly." He told him and looked straight at his eyes.

"I like her. I like Luo Lian. And if you think that I'll just sit around and watch some douchebag hurt her then you're wrong. You don't deserve her, Wu Yifan. And I'm going to make her see that." The boy told him seriously and walked off leaving him behind.

 

Yifan stayed quiet, pondering the boy's words inside his head. He's annoyed of the fact that the guy told him off like that. He doesn't even know his name for pete's sake! But he clearly knows he's more annoyed with himself.

 

He asked him a simple question that could be answered by yes or no.

 

Why can't he give a proper answer?

 

But he knows that if the boy asked him that question few months ago he'll definitely say no.

 

*But now.. Now what?* He asked himself as frustrated as ever.

 

Now you can't say no because you're beginning to have feelings for her.

 

His subconscious rational mind tells him.

 

*No... No. No! I don't have feelings for her!* His irrational stubborn self defended while violently shaking his head.

 

You are one stubborn idiot.

 

His subconscious mind strikes again.

 

*Oh, shut up. Wait-why am I even talking to myself here? Tsk, I'm going crazy.* He thought and decided to not entertain the thought of anything related to what happened today. But he know himself that it's going to be quite a challenge. 

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````