Chapter 29: Lollipop

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

Kris P.O.V.

 

I don't know what's going on in this freaking mind of mine but I just found myself pacing back and forth in front of Lian's room. 

 

"Tsk, this is really crazy. Hey, if you're worried about me missing you then don't. Why would I miss you?? You can stay away from me as long as you want and I won't miss you! That will only happen once North and South Korea become one. Dream on!"

 

Those words I told her earlier in the car keep ringing in my head. And her face.. that face full of hurt haunted me that I became a mess once again doing our dance practice. I might look and act like a jerk but hey I'm a human being too. And me feeling... GUILTY proves that GOD didn't forgot to hand me some conscience.

 

I don't really understand myself sometimes. Why am I so complicated?? I'm telling myself that I should treat her badly and make her hate me. That I should be a jerk towards her but why do I feel sad whenever she's sad. And why do I feel angry at myself knowing I'm the reason for her frowns? I guess I'm just feeling guilty.

 

I'm pacing back and forth in front of her room to check up on her. To see if she's still hurt and to try to apologize. Yes, try to apologize. I'm too embarassed to admit my wrong doings. And I'm not really that good in apologizing.

 

I was practicing what I would tell her while looking at her door. Hmmmh, would she accept a simple apology? Or do I need to give her some stuff first? Like what I always see on dramas? 

 

UGGGHHHH!!!

 

See? Apologizing is really hard.

 

"What are you doing Yifan?" I jumped startled by the voice.

"G-Grandpa..." I stuttered. Why is he not asleep yet??

"What are you doing standing like an idiot in front of Lian's room?" He asked. Oh, so I looked like an idiot now?

"I... I was-"

"Don't tell me you're trying to do something like I don't know.. gaze at her while she's sleeping?" He asked with a erted grin on his face.

 

EWWWWWWWWWW

 

I can't believe we share the same blood. Where did he even get that stupid idea??

 

"NO! Of course not!" I defended but the grin on his face was still there saying he's not believing me. Whatever.

"Don't you have anywhere else to go now, grandpa?" I asked him.

"It's already past 11 in the evening. Where will I go this late at night?"

"Exactly. It's already late, you should be in your room, sleeping." I told him trying my best not to roll my eyes.

"I know. I was about to go to my room when I caught you in front of Lian's room like a ert." Okay, I'll just ignore the last part.

"But whatever, you're a grown up now. You know the difference between right and wrong. Just don't forget to use protection olay? We can't afford to let Lian pregna-"

"GRANDPA!!" I yelled to make him stop. I'm sure my face is all red now. The old man just laughed at me.

"Hey don't shout. What if she wake up? Then you won't be able to continue with your erted pla-"

"Grandpa!" I hissed alittle bit softly this time. He laughed at me once again.

"HAHAHAHA-Now I know why your mom is fond of teasing you. You're as red as tomato now!" He said while laughing.

 

UGGGHHH! I can't take this anymore!!

 

I marched away from Lian's room ignoring my grandfather who was still busy laughing his out. I sometimes think his my mom's biological father instead of my dad's. They're both irritating!

 

I'll just continue with my plan tommorow. I need to sleep to get this irritation out of my system.

 

................................................

 

I just finished taking a bath and is now looking at myself in front of the mirror. Okay, Yifan, practice.

 

"Miss Luo Lian, I apologize for my actions yesterday. Forgive my actions." No, too formal.

"Hey Lian~! I'm sorry for yesterday... Forgive me? *Puppy eyes*" I shivered. There's no way in hell I'll act as cute. I'm 100% sure Lian will throw up once I do that.

"Lian, I'm sorry for hurting your precious feelings. Seeing the hurt that replaced the usual smile in your beautiful face makes my heart ache. Would you find it in your heart to forgive this careless mouth of mine?"

 

I splashed water in my own reflection. That is damn cheesy and 100000000x worst than doing cuteness whatever. I actually tasted vomit just speaking those words.

 

Take a deep breath, Yifan. You can do this. Just be yourself and mean it.

 

"Lian, I-I know I went overboard yesterday. It's just that.. I-I.. my emotions took a hold of me and I didnt think straight. I'm sorry.." 

 

Hmmmh...

 

Not bad. I guess I'll just stick with that one.

 

I immediately get dressed and fixed myself. Before going downstairs, I took a deep breath in. You can do this Yifan. I walked downstairs confedently and head towards the dining area. But I immediately frown when I scanned the area.

 

"Ms. Lian went to school early, sir. She said she needs to practice for their play." Butler Jiao told me and I scoffed.

"Who s-says I was looking for her? I'm looking for grandpa actually. Where is he?" I asked.

"He's still sleeping, sir." 

"O-Okay." I looked at the food prepared in front of me and I can tell by first glance that it wasn't made by Lian.

 

Well, first of all, whenever Lian made me food, she always made sure I'll feel her so-called love so she always arrange them in a romantic or cute manner with pancakes or waffles or whatever food she cooked shaped as hearts. I shrugged my shoulders. Whatever, foods are still food right? I started to eat this plain foods in front of me and for the first time I had a doubt if the chefs in our kitchen are really world class or not. 

 

I looked at the seat in front of me. The sit supposedly taken by the midget and I didn't noctice the sigh escaping from me. I guess I'll just see her at school.

 

.......................................................

 

No one's P.O.V.

 

Yifan was imagining himself bumping into Lian 'coincidentally' while going to class. He even practiced some lines because he predicted that it would be awkward between the two of them after what he'd done. He even stopped the car to buy her some gummy bears and lollipops along the way. He thought of it as his PEACE OFFERING.

 

And because of that, he barely made it to school, completely ruining the scenario of them meeting before class. Yifan groaned in frustration in his desk. Things aren't really going according his way today. He just comforted himself with the thought that he'll be able to meet her in lunch. She never missed spending lunch with him anyways so he's sure he'll be able to see her.

 

 

Yifan looked at his watch, only 7 mins are left before lunch is over and he still haven't eaten anything. He's waiting for that certain someone to appear and intrude his lunch time as usual but surprisingly, he got none. He heard his stomach growled once again. He didn't go to the cafeteria and order foods like the other students because he was used getting lunchbox from a certain someone everyday. He doesn't want to admit it but it's clear to see that he's used with her around now. Yifan growled in annoyance and looked at the gummy bears in his hands. 

 

*I guess this will do.* He thought and began eating it leaving the lollipop for her.

 

Classes are now over. He went and sat inside their car. The driver began the engine and started driving away from the school.

 

"Wait!" Yifan stopped him. The driver looked at him curiously.

"What about Lian?" He asked.

"Ms. Lian told me she'll be going home late today and she'll go by herself, sir." The driver told him.

"Okay..." Yifan said. The driver started driving home with a frowning man in the back seat.

 

...........................................................

 

And one week has passed with Yifan not seeing even Lian's shadow. When he woke up she's already in school, she never went to eat lunch with him again, every p.e. no one can be heard cheering Yifan's name anymore, Yifan goes home alone again, he also don't have anyone to bicker with too.

 

And it makes Yifan feel.. sad and lonely. Without her intruding his personal space and showering him with unneccessary affection and arguing each other makes Yifan's day feels incomplete.

 

*I'm just bored. Yes, that's it. I'm just bored.* He thought to himself, completely ignoring the fact that instead of being bored. Maybe.. Maybe his missing her?

 

His seating in class trying to focus on listening to his teacher. He was jotting down notes when his pen suddenly ran out of ink. He opened his bag and search for a pen when he noticed something.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkjqXZMri5cCeo0wj0ItI

 

It was the lollipop he wanted to give her as a peace offering. He took it out and started smelling it. *Is it possible for a lollipop to expire?* He asked himself. *I should give this to her before it goes bad.* He thought and made up his mind. He's going to give it to her. Today.

 

The class bell rang indicating classes are over. He quickly put his notebooks inside his bag and stormed out of the room not forgetting to check if the lollipop's still in his pocket. He quickly went to the lower floor and looked for Lian's classroom but the cleaners were the only ones left and unfortunately she's not one of them.

 

He groaned irritated but he already made up his mind. He's going to give her the lollipop no matter what. *I just want the lollipop not to go to waste.* He convinced himself when he thought of why the heck is he bothering to give her that stupid lollipop.

He tapped one of the remaining students and he looked at him, clearly intimidated by Yifan's aura. "Where is Luo Lian?" He asked.

The poor boy gulped before answering him. "She's inside the m-main theater, practicing for t-the play." He stuttered.

"Okay, thanks." Yifan said and made his way towards the main theater leaving the boy sighing in relief.

 

He poked his head inside trying to find the girl he's been looking for. He's narrowing his eyes to see more clearly but she's nowhere in sight. *Where's that girl when you need to see her??* He groaned clearly frustrated on how things working out for him.

Someone patted him in the back and he turned to look at a boy who looks abit like a girl. "May I help you?" The boy asked.

"Uhm. I-I'm looking for Luo L-Lian." He stuttered clearly embarassed someone saw him peeking inside like a moron. 

"Oh! Lian!" The boy exclaimed and Yifan can't help but raise one of his eyebrows.

 

Who is this boy?

 

Why does he call her so casually like that?

 

Are they close?

 

"Lian's out, accompanying some of our classmates to buy materials for our play." The boy told him.

 

Yifan tried his best not to snapped here and then. *WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO BE A FREAKING SAINT AND HELP PEOPLE NOW??*

The boy noticed his expression and worriedly asked him. "Is there something wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. It's just that I need to give that girl something." He told him.

"You can give it to me! I'll be sure to hand it to her." He cheerfully offered.

"No, it's okay. I'll just wait for her." Yifan said.

"But they just went out and there's alot of things to do. They might come a little later and don't you have anywhere to go to?" He asked and the latter widen his eyes. He looked at his watch. He completely forgot his dance practice and he's going to be late!

"Oh yeah, you're right. I'm going to be late!" He groaned in frustration.

"That's why I'm telling you to just give it to me. I'm going to hand it to Lian after she comes back." The boy said and give him an angelic smile.

 

*There's no harm in letting this boy do that and besides I'm late! Show Luo will kill me!* He took out the lollipop and gave it to him. *I'll just tell my apology later when we met. The lollipop will suffice for now.* He thought and handed the boy the lollipop.

 

"Give it to her and told her that it's from Wu Yifan. Don't forget, Wu Yifan." He told him and the boy chuckled.

"I know you. I don't think anyone in this school doesn't know you." He said.

"Whatever, just give it to her. I'm going now. Thanks." He said and ran downstairs.

 

 

Lian was helping doing some props on the backstage so it's only expected that Yifan didn't see her. The boy Yifan talked to earlier went and sat beside her.

"Hey, stop lazing around and help us Fei Zhu Lui." She eyed him.

"Can't you just let Rapunzel off?" He gave her his puppy dog eyes making the latter rolled her eyes.

"Acting cute doesn't affect me and no fair! I want a lollipop too!" She whined seeing him on a lollipop.

"Here. Take it." He said giving the lollipop from his mouth to her.

"Ewww. No thanks. Forget I asked." She while shoving his hands away.

"You sure?" He asked once again.

"I'm 100% sure." She answered going back to her work.

 

Fei Zhu Lui watched her. Clearly fascinated on how her eyebrow knit and her little lips pout in concentration. He can't help but think of how adorable she is then he remembered the little incident with Yifan earlier.

 

*I'm sorry Wu Yifan. I tried giving her your lollipop but she clearly rejected it. And with utmost displeasure too.* He thought and began laughing by himself. Lian looked at him weirdly.

 

*Is that lollipop made of drugs or something?* She thought but decided to just focus on her work.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

tumblr_m89glcuFFz1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89gll3wbE1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89glnhtHl1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89glq5pXU1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89gltpsCe1qdlkyg.gif  tumblr_m89glwHNKH1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89glzaz461qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89gm2PcVn1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89gm5FOWb1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89gm8BMia1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89gma1Von1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89gmdPrPP1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89gmgcnjl1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89gmlAJuv1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89gmq5xgn1qdlkyg.gif tumblr_m89gmywi9J1qdlkyg.gif  

Hey guys~

Thank you for reading and subscribing.

Don't forget to leave a comment. 

kaos-crazybunny04.gif