Chapter 21: His secret life.

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

 
Hi guys~ I'm sorry for not updating for 12 days. I had some problems to deal with regarding some family matters so I can't think much of what to write. And writing in that kind of environment only produces craps. Craps, I tell you. To compensate, I wrote a chapter consisting of 8 pages. This chapter is quite long. Enjoy~
 
 
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 
Date: February 04, 2009
 
 
Kris’ P.O.V.
 
 
 
Secrets.
 
 
Everybody have it right? That one word menace. That damn thing which makes your whole body tense and sweat bullets when you felt like it’s going to get discovered or known.
 
 
Well, I have one. 
 
 
*Ring~*
 
 
Finally, the bell had rung indicating that classes are over. I immediately packed my things and stormed out of our classroom. I power walked towards our school gate, not minding the stares my schoolmates gave me. 
 
 
Why are they staring?
 
 
It’s simply because I’m handsome.
 
 
You already know that right?
 
 
Girls’ stare and adore me because of my devilishly handsome good looks and status while boys cast me a glance just because of my status. They’re foolish enough to believe their looks are a match to mine. I just rolled my eyes at the thought.
 
 
I don’t need to crane my neck just to find our car because it was parked directly in front of the school gates with Butler Jiao standing high and proud beside it. He saw me and immediately opened the door. I went inside and he soon followed.
 
 
“The usual, sir?” He asked and I nodded.
 
 
Lying is not really my hobby but it became one after I discover what my dream should be. I swear I produced buckets of sweat the first time I lied to butler Jiao. I told him to drop me off in a learning institution but it was really not my destination. It was the building two blocks away from it, the dancing studio.
 
 
I lied to him and told him that my grades are falling down, which is 100% lies by the way, how can a genius guy like me drop his grades? Okay, fine, I’m only our school’s third when it come to ranking but-BACK TO THE TOPIC. I lied to him that I’m in need of extra studying and that he should not tell it to my parents because they’ll be disappointed on me. 
 
 
It’s still a mystery to me why this faithful butler decided to keep that secret. He’s basically my mom’s right hand. He’s loyalty belongs to her. He’s like a faithful dog really.
 
 
The car stopped in front of the learning institution I’m SUPPOSED to attend to. Before I opened the car, butler Jiao gave me my lunchbox. He’s been doing that every day after I told him my lies. I sincerely thanked him and made a mental note to give him my future albums in the future.
 
 
“Take care, young master. Study hard.” He told me.
 
“I will. Bye.” I told him and opened the door.
 
 
I went inside the institution and immediately went to the restroom. I changed my uniform to regular clothes, ones the middle class people wear, and went out. I looked at the janitress mopping the floor in front of the restroom. She always cleans this area every time I’m here. She’s probably thinking where the very dashing young man who just went in is. Kidding, she’s probably thinking ‘Don’t he have a restroom on their home? Why does he always go here just to use the freaking restroom? Poor guy’. Yep, I’m one hundred percent sure that’s it, just by seeing his sympathetic face.
 
 
I awkwardly smiled at her then went out. Few minutes has passed before I arrived towards the dance studio. I greeted 2 other students who were already there. I looked at my watch, it’s still too early. I placed my bag on a vacant corner and proceeded to stretch. After stretching the three of us chatted casually. Oh, before I forgot, these guys don’t know me. I mean, they know I’m Wu Yifan, the name only, they don't know that I’m the only heir of the multi-billion dollar company that provided jobs for most of the population in China.
 
 
This is the second time people treated me normally. The first was when I was bullied. Before all that bullying, I was treated rather fairly because I was humble and told them to treat me like a normal citizen. But I guess I was TOO KIND. After that, I never trusted people who knew my background and made sure that they really KNOW and UNDERSTAND the consequences of messing with the only heir of the Wu Corps. Well that is until now.
 
 
“Hey guys!” A cheery voice hollered.
 
“Yixing.” I nodded. 
 
 
That bubbly guy’s name is Yixing, he’s my bestfriend. I practically told him everything about me. He’s the only one here who knows my true status. I asked him before how did he know me and he’s exact words are 
 
 
‘Hey, do I look like an idiot to you? Unlike the guys here, I watched news not just for the showbiz corner.’ 
 
 
He told me and I asked him not to tell anyone. He doesn’t ask further and told me he’ll keep my secret. Even though he’s younger than me by a year he dances really well. He’s very friendly and we became quite close. You’re maybe wondering why I haven’t mentioned him before well I forgot alright. 
 
 
Minutes passed the studio began to be filled by students like us then our dance instructor, Show Luo came. He’s a very proficient dancer who has danced several times with different native and international stars. He’s easy going but very strict when it comes to dancing. He’s also very straightforward I sometimes think it’s rude.
 
 
“Let’s start.” He declared. See? He didn’t even bother to ask if we stretched already. Heck, he didn’t even say a simple greeting.
 
 
There are a total of 5 students, including me, in this session but he has other students in other sessions. There are a total of 10 students during our very first session but they quitted one by one resulting of only the five of us. That’s how irritating Show Luo really is. But I have to endure it, even though I imagined to strangle him to death many times already, there’s no denying that he’s a really great instructor. Not to mention influential too. He’s making us cover a very popular song these days. He said he got us to perform during a very important occasion in a very high class company. 
 
 
There’s one thing that most of us students here have in common, it’s our dream to become an idol. That’s why we have to make this cover of DBSK’s Mirotic be close to perfection. Why? It’s because DBSK’s company CEO Lee Sooman, will be one of the guest.
 
 
This event will be very important for me because it will be a stepping stone to my dream. Show Luo said that Lee Sooman might pick one of us if he saw something great in us. I won’t forgive myself if I’ll let this opportunity pass.
 
 
Show Luo gave us our mics, yes, we’re going to do it live. He said Sooman will like it better if he saw that we’re not only good at dancing but on some area as well. Of course I got Yunho’s part. I like rapping. We positioned ourselves but Show Luo seems to have problems setting up the music. 
Lay was beside me and he has this strange grin. “What?” I asked him and his grin got wider. 
 
“So… how’s your honeymoon trip?” He asked. Before I could answer him, or choked him, the music started and we began to move.
 
 
…………
 
 
“Stop! Stop dancing!” Show Luo shouted angrily and I knew exactly why.
 
“Wu Yifan! What the hell are you doing??” I winced at the sound of his voice. Damn. I stayed silent and let him lash out his poisonous words at me.
 
“Is it that hard to focus?? Huh??” He growled at me.
 
 
Yes. It is hard to focus. 
 
 
I glared at Yixing who innocently looked back. Damn you Yixing. This is your entire damn fault. I was doing fine. I’m doing a great job not thinking about her. Do you really have to ruin everything by mentioning that trip?
 
 
“Answer me!” Show Luo demanded.
 
I bowed my head in shame and told him “I’m sorry. I’ll try to focus more now.”
 
“You know what, let’s take a break.” He said and walked out.
 
 
We all plopped ourselves down on the floor panting heavily. I looked at my co-students and cast them an apologetic look. Yixing scooted next to me. “What’s wrong with you man?” He asked.
 
“This is your fault.” I glared at him.
 
“How so?”
 
“If you didn’t mention that damn trip I wouldn’t have thought of her.”
 
“Oh~ So you’re distracted because you’re thinking of your wife~” He teased.
 
“She’s not my wife.” I growled at him.
 
“-yet. She’s not your wife YET.” He said and I rolled my eyes at him.
 
“Seriously man, what’s wrong?” He asked sounding seriously worried.
 
I sighed. “I don’t know. Something between us came up. It’s making me frustrated.” 
 
“What is that something exactly?” He asked.
 
 
I thought for a minute, should I tell him? He’s been a great friend to me and besides I already spilled many facts about me to him so why not?
 
 
“On the last night of our trip we went for firefly catching.” I started and Yixing nodded for me to go on.
 
“We had a little competition on who will catch fireflies more. In the end, she won so I ended up being her slave but she didn’t treat me as a slave at all, instead she wanted me to just answer her questions truthfully which I did.” I told him and he just stared at me incredulously.
 
“I can’t believe it…” He said still dazed. 
 
I nodded at him. “I can’t believe it too. Who knew that girl can be this kind-hearted?”
 
“That’s not it. I can’t believe you’re beaten by a girl!” He laughed at me.
 
I glared at him and hissed, “It was close okay?? She only won because she caught a little bit more fireflies than me.”
 
 
Okay, that was a lie. She won by a landslide but there’s no way in hell I’m going to tell him that. I glared at him and let him finish laughing at my fail. Noticing my glare he immediately stopped laughing and urged me to go on. I rolled my eyes and continue.
 
 
“So I had no choice but to answer her questions. The first question she asked was why I agreed to our arranged engagement. I answered her that I had no choice because this engagement will be the key to my dream. She then asked me what dream do I have-“
 
“And you told her?” 
 
“Yes. I told her. I told her I want to become an idol.”
 
“What’s her reaction?” He asked.
 
“She freaking screamed. That girl is a fan girl I tell you. She’s a die-hard fan of DBSK.” I told him and scoffed thinking about how that girl’s yapping about how handsome DBSK is and how Hero looked like someone who came out of mangas.
 
“Did you tell her that we’re doing a cover of Mirotic?” He asked and I shooked my head. I can only imagine her screams/squeals once I tell her that. And that would be extremely annoying.
 
“What happened next?” Yixing asked.
 
“I decided to tune out all that yappings so I lied on the grass with my back facing her. I stayed quiet for a few minutes. She started shaking me, saying I should listen to her but I didn’t bulged. I think she thought that I was asleep and decided to finally give me some silence but that didn’t last long.” I said and looked at Yixing who were seriously listening to me.
 
“She then started saying about how romantic that night is with all those stars and fireflies around and it’s a pity she can only waste that precious moment. She then started saying that she found me attractive when she first saw me but all her admiration went to waste once I opened my mouth.” I saw Yixing snickered but I just ignored him.
 
“Then she gave me the shock of my life when she confessed that she likes me. Her exact words were ‘I like you Wu Yifan. I’m sorry if I’m too much of a coward to say it when you’re on a conscious state. I’ll try harder from now on so you won’t have any choice but to like me back.’ She told me that.” 
 
“Wow. So the girl likes you.” Yixing concluded and I nodded.
 
“And this is a problem because?” He asked.
 
“Because it was not supposed to happen! She was not supposed to like me because it’ll only make things worse.” I said.
 
“Why don’t you give her a chance?” He said and I looked at him like he’s crazy.
 
 
Our conversation was cut because Show Luo finally showed up and decided to continue. We get on our formation once again and I did my hardest just to focus. Three minutes of humiliation is enough for a day. I don’t want to be shouted once again.
 
 
………
 
 
I’m now in our car headed towards home. Another driver was driving me instead of Butler Jiao. He said he has some matters to attend to. I was thinking on the way of my conversation with Yixing awhile ago.
 
 
Should I give her a chance? 
 
 
I didn’t think of it further because we’re already approaching our manor. I got off the car and thanked the driver before walking inside. A maid approached me and I handed her my bag. 
 
 
“The dinners ready, sir. They’re waiting for you at the dining table.” She said. I nodded and proceeded towards the dining hall. I bowed at my parents and grandpa. I looked curiously at the back of a girl that’s seated towards my usual chair and was shocked once she turned to look at me.
 
 
 
 
What’s Lian doing in here??