Chapter 11: Getting used to.

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

The past: January 22, 2009

 

True to his words, Yi fan kept on coming back to ‘happiness’ shop, with Hao kan of course. He made sure to buy at least two bowls of noodle each day to let Li an think that he’s not just a replacement to Luhan, he would like her to think that he’s actually BETTER than him.

 

During those times Yi fan would insist on her eating with him. Because ‘Happiness’ doesn’t have that much customer and Yi fan is the boss’s son-in-law, Li an had no choice but to eat with him. At first she regretted making Yi fan come because she thought he’s only a hindrance but as time went on she found herself enjoying his company and actually expecting for him every day.

 

And just like today, the bell attached above the door of ‘Happiness’ shop rang indicating a customer has come. Li an didn’t even bother welcoming or even looking at the customer because she already knew who it was.

 

“What no ‘Welcome to happiness noodle shop’?” She heard a too familiar voice scoff. Hearing that voice, an involuntary smile came upon her face.

“Well you’re not really ‘welcome’ here so why bother?” She turned around and face Yi fan that was surprisingly so near her that she could almost feel the guy breathe.

“C-Could you please distance yourself from me.” Li an stuttered.

 

Yi fan smirked while looking at her flustered expression. “Didn’t knew I could make you blush like that?’’

Li an turned completely red and slapped his arms hard. “I so do not!” She huffed angrily and proceeded to the kitchen.

“Dad, Yi fan is here, 3 bowls of the usual please.” She called.

“Coming up!” Her dad said.

 

Li an then went on to seat towards their usual table. Sensing Yi fan is not yet sitting she looked up to him and found him staring right back at her.

 

“You wanna eat while standing? Fine, suit yourself.” She said then looked outside the window. Yi fan smirked, a hobby he’s been doing a lot lately, and proceeded to sit across from her. Li an heard him chuckle so she stared at him curiously.

“What’s funny?” She asked.

“You.” He said.

“How come?”

“It seems like you’re getting used seeing me around.” He said while resting his back on the chair.

“H-How can you say that??”

Yi fan put a finger towards his lips and in the most seductive voice he could managed he uttered “Secret~” making Li an scowl at him.

 

Their food came and the two immediately gobbled it down. Mr. Lau chuckled seeing the two. “Hey slow down kids.”

Yi fan slowed down and shyly wiped the side of his mouth with a napkin. “I’m sorry.” He said.

“It’s okay. There’s no need to be embarrassed. I’m not insulting you or something, actually I’m quite amused.” Mr. Lau said.

 

Yi fan looked at him asking to continue while Li an was busy minding her own. “I can’t believe someone like you gobbled up food like this kid. I guess you guys are meant to be.” He chuckled some more.

“Dad!” Li an protested.

“What, I’m just saying the truth.” He shrugged.

“Oh well, it seems like the shop won’t have any customers for the day. Let’s close early.” He announced.

 

Li an’s eyes lit up. “Really? Then could we go buy the preparations for the new years now?” She asked her dad excitedly.

“We could! Yi fan, would you like to join us?” He asked Yi fan.

“Sure.” He smiled.

 

The two of them hurriedly ate the helped Mr. Lau in closing the shop. When Mr. Lau was about to lock the door he let out a pained grunt then sat himself down.

“Dad are you okay??” Li an worriedly asked.

“I’m fine. My back is just aching that’s all.” He answered still with the pained expression on his face.

“You should rest. We could buy the New Year’s preparation next time.” Li an said and was about to open the door when her dad stopped her.

“What do you mean next time? Tomorrow is New Year ’s Eve! You should buy it today.”

“but dad you’re in pain!”

“But you guys are not.” He said. Li an looked at him in disbelief.

“You mean to say that the two of us should go?” She asked incredulously.

“Yep. Give me hao kan.” Mr. Lau took the leash from Yi fan’s hands.

“Have fun!” He waved.

“What the-“

“I said ‘have fun’.” He waved again.

“But dad-“

“The market will be crowded and you won’t be able to buy lots of things if you won’t go now sweetie.” He said. Li an gave up and stomped her feet towards the bus stop. Yi fan bowed at him then went to catch up with her.

“Have fun!” Mr. Lau hollered.

 

When the two was out of sight Mr. Lau stood up and stretched his back. “I should be a movie star right?” He asked Hao kan who whimpered. Mr. Wu chuckled ‘‘Don’t worry those two will be fine.” *I hope so* He added on his head.

“Come on, I’ll treat you with some doggy snacks.” He said then lead the puppy inside the shop again.

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````