Textmates

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

The past: December 30, 2008

 

Mrs. Wu was walking along the second floor of their mansion late at night when she heard a snickering and laughter of someone.

 

*Is there a ghost here?* She thought and started fixing her night robe. The thought of ghost suddenly vanished and another idea came up to her mind.

 

*What if there’s a thief??* She thought but before she could panic another round of silent laughter was heard again.

 

She gulped hard and gathered her strength to find the culprit. She walked towards the sound then found then found herself in front of her son’s bedroom.

 

*Did I hear it right?* She thought. After all, Yi fan is not the type to be amused at something easily. She was about to walk away when another laughter was heard.

 

*It did come from here!* She thought surprised. She slowly and quietly opened the door and peek inside.

 

She saw her son lying on his bed with his cell phone on his hands AND he’s shaking with laughter.  Mrs. Wu looked at her son and tried to squeeze her eyes to get a better view of what he’s doing on his phone.

 

*Did someone send him a joke?* She thought wondering what could make her son laugh like that.

 

“This silly girl.” She heard him talked to himself. Mrs. Wu knew the girl he’s talking about but decided to .

“Who? me?” She asked him behind his shoulder shocking the boy.

“Ma, don’t ever do that again!” He scolded. Mrs. Wu just chuckled.

“Since when did you get here? I didn’t notice you.” He said trying to hide his phone.

“How can you notice me if you’re busy with something, or should I say someone?” She teased and moved her eyebrows up and down.

“Don’t do that. You look like a ert.” He said and turned his back at her but his red ears are clearly shown.

“Honey your ears are red~” She cooed making the boy cover his head with a pillow.

“Ma I want to sleep now.” He said grumpily. Mrs. Wu just chuckled at her son’s childish behavior.

“Wah~ My little yi yi is growing up~” She cooed again while gently shaking him.

“Stop it mom!” Yi fan groaned under the covers.

“Okay, I’ll be leaving now. Sleep well Yi fan. I hope you dream of her.” She teased.

“Ma!” He whined. Mrs. Wu chuckled and silently closed his son’s door then turned towards their bedroom.

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

Yi fan is still awake underneath those covers. He was just sensing if his mother is still there. He slowly peeked out and found no one. He sighed in relief and positioned himself like how he was before his mother went in.

 

“Mother’s are seriously scary… and annoying.” He muttered while getting his phone that he hid.

 

He frowned when he saw he has no new message, meaning the girl he’s been fond of teasing since day one has not yet replied to his message. He got her phone number from the "Lau family facts" folder his grandfather gave before. (Please refer to chapter 4)

 

*Is she asleep?* He thought looking at the time. It’s past midnight now.

 

He decided to wait for her to reply instead of sleeping. A smile crept up to his face remembering what had happened during their date at the amusement park yesterday.

 

Flashback:

 

After making his ridiculous announcement Yi fan thanked the staffs and headed towards the waiting area. He is sitting with his arms and legs crossed with a smirk on his face.

 

*I bet she’s fuming while heading towards here.*

 

He thought and tried imagining the pissed off face of the girl which made him laugh loudly. The people who heard and saw his little episode throw him a curious look. Yi fan, however, didn’t notice because his mind is too preoccupied creating little scenarios in his head.

 

His lips curved upward when he heard the door being loudly opened revealing a pissed off girl.

 

“Congratulations. You found you’re way here. Ge ge is so proud.” He cooed at her enjoying how the girl scrunched up her face in disgust.

“What the hell. Do you really have to go this far??”

“Well you just disappeared so suddenly-“

“I helped a lost child!” Yi fan looked at her like she’s lying.

“I’m not lying! I seriously helped a child find his mother!” She insisted.

“Then why didn’t you bring him here?” He asked.

“I-I-“

 

Li An was silent because he’s right. Why didn’t she think of bringing the lost child at the information center than looking blindly around? Yi fan smirked at Li An’s flustered expression. He so badly wanted to more but his stomach protested.

 

“Let’s go. I’m hungry.” He said and stood up.

 

The two of them, or more like Yi fan, thanked the staffs before going off. He also made sure to look back at her from time to time while finding a good place to eat to make sure she won’t go missing again. They eventually found a good restaurant and sat near the window while they order their food.

 

“What can I get you sir/ma’am?” The waiter asked.

“I would like to have the set a meal.” Yi fan answered giving the menu back.

 

The waiter wrote his order then turned towards Li An expecting her order but the latter was still not finished choosing hers making Yi fan stomped his foot impatiently.

 

“Can you hurry up?” He hissed.

 

The girl ignored her still focused on choosing her order. Yi fan can’t take it anymore so he decided to in.

 

“Do you have a kiddie meal here?” He asked loud enough for Li An to hear.

“Yes sir. Would you like a take out?” The waiter asked.

“No, gracious no, it’s for this kid.” He said and pointed at Li An who’s looking murderously at him.

“Be sure to put toys in it.” He smiled.

 

The waiter can’t help but snicker at Yi fan’s remarks making Li An glare at him too.

 

“I would like to order the same set as him.” She said reproachfully.

 

The waiter wrote her orders, politely bowed then went towards the counter. Li An glared at his retreating back. When the waiter was nowhere to be seen she then turned towards the annoying guy in front of her.

 

They met eyes and the boy instantly smiled sweetly at her making Li An’s face contorted with disgust. And that made the boy crack up with laughter.

 

“Awww. You didn’t like what ge ge ordered for you?” Instead of answering Li an chose to ignore him and preoccupy herself with the sceneries outside the window.

“Ouch. The kid is ignoring me.” Yi fan continued teasing her. Hearing the word ‘kid’ again Li An snapped her head towards him.

“Can you please stop that?” She hissed.

“Stop what?” Yi fan feigned innocence.

“I’m not a kid anymore!”

“Sure.” He said while resting his head on his elbows.

“I mean it!”

“Sure thing *mei mei.” He smirked. The two of them were engaged in their own childish arguments, only stopping for few minutes to eat their orders. After eating the two went out of the restaurant.

 

Li An immediately walked towards the rides but a hand stopped her. She looked back and before she could even react, Yi fan let go of her.

 

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“I’m going to ride that.” She said and pointed at the Viking.

“W-Why?”

“Because we’re in an amusement park” She said with the ‘duh’ look.

“I don’t like it.” Yi fan said.

“Then stay here. I’m going to enjoy myself.” She said and walked towards the ride leaving Yi fan behind.

 

*She has the nerve to actually leave me.* Yi fan thought staring at Li an’s retreating back. Not wanting to feel alone in an unfamiliar place, he grunted the immediately followed Li An. Li An was already seated when Yi fan followed suit and sat next to her.

 

“I don’t want you to miss me that much *mei mei.” He smirked trying to sound confident.

 

Li An rolled her eyes and turned to look away but she can’t help but look at Yi fan. He’s forehead has beats of sweat on it and he looks like he’s about to pass out any minute now.

 

“Are you feeling okay?” She asked him worriedly.

“Of course I am.” Yi fan bluffed but the way he grips the bars in front of him tightly prove otherwise. Li An heard him quietly inhale and exhale while closing his eyes, he’s trying to calm his nerves down.

 

*Don’t be scared.* He chanted repeatedly inside his head.

*Nothing’s going to happen. Its okay.* He kept on convincing himself.

 

Then without saying anything Li An stood up and got off the ride. Yi fan was curious on what made her back out but gladly followed her.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“I don’t like to ride that thing anymore. Let’s go to the games instead.” She said without looking at him then walked towards the game center.

 

Yi fan looked at her retreating back again but this time, he didn’t scowl or frowned. This time, he smiled a genuine smile touched by the girl’s actions.

 

End of flashback

 

*I guess she noticed my fear of rides. Tsk, who knew that girl had it in her?* Yi fan smirked.

 

He looked at his cellphone and found no new messages. He sighed giving up. Li An must be sleeping soundly on her bed. He decided to send her a message before finally going to dreamland.

 

To: Midget

How dare you sleep on me? But it's okay, you need it considering how short you are... *snickers*

Good night midget.

 

He typed in and pressed the send button. He smiled to himself and closed his eyes. Ready to fly off to the land of dreams.

 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Chapter 08: The birth of Yi-An Couple's son :)