Chapter 24: New school

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

February 05, 2009
 
 
Kris’ P.O.V.
 
 
“Yifan~ Wake up~ Wake up sleepy head~” I heard an angelic voice coo. I smiled involuntarily. I think I’ve heard that voice before but I continued to close my eyes.
 
“Wake up~ I cooked breakfast for you.” I heard the angel speak once again.
 
 
I then felt someone touching me, my shoulders to be exact. The angel was cooing ‘wake up’ repeatedly while gently shaking me. Feeling drawn to her voice more and more I decided to grab her hands and drag her towards the bed. I heard her gasp and tried to break free but I hushed her.
 
 
“I want to sleep more.” I told her.
 
“But Yifan, we’re going to be late at school.” She told me and that’s where my mind finally grasps what’s happening. She said ‘we’ and ‘school’ in a same sentence so it means that the person I’m holding so stupidly is none other than… 
 
 
I slowly opened my eyes and my suspicions were proven right once I saw the angel-I mean the midget in front of me. I immediately let go of her and pointed an accusing finger at her.
 
 
“Y-You! What are you doing here??” I asked.
 
“I’m here to wake you up. Hey don’t put that finger on my face. I’m not the one who touched a lady without her permission you know?” She said with a playful smile on her face.
 
“W-Whatever.” I dismissed then proceeded to go towards my bathroom.
 
“I’ll be waiting for you downstairs.” She said and blew me a kiss before getting out of my room.
 
 
I stared at her dumbfounded. Where is that timid midget I met for the first time??
 
 
I went inside the bathroom and was shocked to see how red my face was. Probably from embarrassment, I mean, why the heck did I do that?? And to even think I thought of her as an angel was beyond me. I’m telling you there’s something wrong with me. I can’t freaking believe my heart skipped a beat when she was being aggressive last night, also today, when she blew me that kiss.
 
 
Okay, fine, I’m a little bit, as in little bit attracted to confident girls. I don’t know why but they elude this y aura around them. 
 
 
…….
 
 
…….
 
 
ACCKKKK! 
 
 
NOW I THINK THAT MIDGET IS Y??
 
 
What is happening to me??
 
 
I immediately went inside the shower to clear my head. Yifan, get a hold of yourself. Don’t let that midget have this effect on you. After taking a bath, I fixed myself with my uniform then proceeded to go downstairs. I sat at my usual chair at the dining table and looked around. Where is she?
 
 
“Ms. Lian is still in the kitchen, sir.” Butler Jiao butted in.
 
“W-Who says I’m looking for her??” I said flustered.
 
 
Butler Jiao looked at me not believing a word I said. “I-I’m looking for my p-parents.” I lamely reasoned out. Butler Jiao don’t look a bit persuaded of my lame reason but he told me that my parents were out on business trip today anyways.
 
 
Seconds later, Lian came out from the kitchen holding plates of foods. I’m guessing she cooked it herself. She placed one of the plates in front of me with a smile on her face. “Enjoy~”
 
“Tsk, I doubt it’s tasty.” I scoffed. 
 
 
My proposition was proven wrong once I tasted the food she prepared. Who knew a simple sunny side up egg, fried rice, and some hot dogs with toasted bread could taste this heavenly? 
 
 
“How is it?” She asked me with an expectant face. 
 
 
She was smiling so brightly at me confident that her cooking was great. I wanted to tell her it was good, amazing actually but I can’t. I have to play the bad guy here. I need to stop her from deluding that she could actually make me fall for her. Pffft-as if that will happen… right? RIGHT?
 
 
I cleared my throat and put my usual face on. Yes people, I know I have a face. I can’t help it though, that’s how I normally look. “It doesn’t taste any special at all.” I told her.
 
 
Her bright smile was replaced by a wary fake one. “R-Really? I guess I should’ve let the chefs cooked for you.” She said and I felt my heart constrict at how sad her voice was. 
 
I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck and cleared my throat. “It’s okay for you to cook.” I told her but not meeting her eyes.
 
“Really?” She smiled brightly once again and I felt the heat on my face.
 
“D-Don’t get me wrong! It’s j-just that I-I… Our chef needs some rest! That’s it! He needs some rest so I want you to cook for me so he’ll get his…rest. I want you to suffer cooking for me!” I winced and shook my head.
 
 
Really Yifan? That’s all you can think of?
 
 
I heard Lian chuckled. I also looked at Butler Jiao who was busy controlling his laughter. Good job on making yourself look stupid Yifan. I glared at the midget who was still chuckling. She seemed to get my murderous aura because she stopped. She looked at me straight in the eye with a gentle smile on her face.
 
 
“Cooking for you will never be called suffering.” She said and that’s all it took for my face to flush red and my heart to beat faster than normal.
 
“W-Whatever.” I dismissed and stood up.
 
“Come on. I don’t want to be late.” I told her and we went towards the car.
 
 
The ride was silent because Lian was busy studying our school manual. My mother is downright crazy. Who in their right mind would enroll in February?? It’s only a few months to go before the class year ends and before I finally graduated. Lian will stay because she’s a year younger than me. 
 
 
My mom is not the only one at fault here. Our school administration is also out of their minds. Why did they accept her?? Oh I forgot, they’re scared of my mom. That old woman is really powerful. I sometimes think my dad is also scared of her.
 
 
We finally reached our school. I can’t help but snicker on Lian’s amazed face. “My school is that great, get over it.” I told her proudly but she just rolled her eyes. I accompanied her towards the office and told them she’s a new student. They gave her class schedule and uniform.
 
 
“Change inside the female restroom there.” I told her and pointed at the women’s restroom. She immediately went inside after some minutes she finally got out wearing our school uniform.
 
“Does it look good on me?” She asked while turning around.
 
“No.” I lied but the truth is it does. It really looks good on her. 
 
She pouted and muttered “Meanie.”
 
“Are you going to send me to my room?” She asked.
 
“Do I look that free to you?”
 
“But I’m not familiar with this gigantic place. I might get lost.” She reasoned out.
 
“That’s your problem not mine.” I told her and walked faster towards my room. 
 
“Oh, before I forgot-“ I said and looked back at her.
 
“Pretend you don’t know me.” I told her and walked away from her again.
 
 
I was walking towards the opposite direction but I can’t seem to take off this nagging feeling inside of me. Will she be okay? Should I help her or not? 
 
 
UGHHHH!! 
 
 
I looked at my wrist watch, we’re pretty much early so I guess helping her won’t make me late on my class. I closed my eyes and sighed. The things that midget could make me do, really. I turned around and found her glaring at my direction.
 
 
I walked towards her and she has this look of suspicion in her face. “What?” She hissed.
 
“I wanted to help you but it seems like you don’t want to so-“ I turned to go but she grabbed my arm.
 
“No! No! I was just kidding! I need your help.” She exclaimed.
 
“I thought so.” I smirked at her and pried her hands away from me.
 
“Show me your class schedule.” She gave it to me and I studied it carefully. All her classes are on the floor down mine. Good. I won’t be able to casually see her on the hallways.
 
“What happened to ‘Pretend you don’t know me’?” She asked while trying to imitate my face. 
 
“I-I.. B-Because I-“ Why the heck am I stuttering??
 
“Can’t you just be thankful I decided to help you??” I exclaimed and turned to walk faster. The midget muttered some words but I was too busy looking for her room to pay attention to it. 
 
 
After passing some other rooms we finally got to her first class. I looked inside and found the room half complete. I turned to face her and shoved her class schedule in her hands.
 
 
“This is your homeroom. My job here is done. And remember what I told you before-“ I took a step closer to her and looked straight into her eyes.
 
“Pretend you don’t know me.” I hissed and started walking away.
 
 
Lian’s P.O.V.
 
 
“Pretend you don’t know me.” Yifan told me and walked away. Hmmmph, so grumpy.
 
 
I walked inside our classroom while pouting. The teacher’s not here yet and there’s a lot of vacant seat available but I’m hesitating to sit on one of them. What if the seat was already taken and the owner was just late? 
 
 
I was pondering on what to do when a girl poked my sides. I looked at her and she smiled at me. She’s kinda cute. “You’re new right? The seat beside mine is available.” She said and led me towards her seat. 
 
 
The one seat she said to be available was beside the window. Thank god. I like looking out the window especially when I’m bored or can’t just understand the lecture. I took a seat and looked at the girl who is now busy powdering her face.
 
 
“Hi, thank you for helping me. My name is Lian.” I told her. She stopped what she’s doing and offered her hands. 
 
“I’m Rainy Yang and you’re welcome.” She smiled. I took her hands and shake it. I can tell were going to be good friends. 
 
 
Minutes passed and the class began to fill with students and eventually teachers. The teacher came then and asked me to introduce myself. I shyly stood up. Remembering what Yifan told me I decided to introduce myself without hinting of any connection between our families. I don’t want him to hate me more than how much he hates me now.
 
 
“Hi, My name is Luo Lian. I just transferred here because of some.. uhmmm.. family matters. Let’s all be good friends.” I told them and bowed. 
 
 
Second and third class passed by with the teachers not failing to ask for me to introduce myself. I bet my classmates are getting annoyed by it by now so do I. So now I decided to just say “My name is Luo Lian” if ever the fourth class teacher will dare ask for an introduction one more time.
 
 
“Goodbye Mrs. Lee.” Our third period teacher smiled at us before exiting our classroom. I decided to pass the time waiting for our next teacher by chatting at Rainy who is now looking at a magazine.
 
“Hey, what are you reading?” I asked her.
 
“Oh, it’s a fashion magazine. You see, I’m interested in the cosmetics and fashion industry.” She told me and smiled.
 
“Ah, that’s why you have a lot of cosmetics in your bag.” I told her and she nodded at me excitedly.
 
“Yes, I would like to have a work in the future where I can fully utilize my knowledge in the make-up department.” She told me and I nodded in understanding.
Our conversation was cut short when my classmate who was sitting in front of me came back with a sour face on. “What happened to you?” Her seatmate asked her.
 
“I bumped shoulder with the angry bird. She hissed. 
 
“Wu Yifan?” Her seatmate asked her again. Wait, is she talking about the Wu Yifan I know?
 
“Yes, Wu Yifan. The guy with a rude personality and a y face.” She told her. That is the giant all right.
 
“What happened?”
 
“I just bumped his shoulder. I told him sorry like millions of time already but he still lashed out his harsh words on me and humiliating me in front of the teacher who passed by.” My other classmates joined in their conversation and different kinds of insults were directed to Yifan after that. Like rude, harsh, , and other kind of insults I didn’t know existed until now. I gritted my teeth and gripped my pencil it nearly broke.
 
“Hey, are you okay?” Rainy snapped me out of my thoughts of strangling these girls.
 
“Are they always like that?” I asked her.
 
“Like what?” 
 
“Insulting and bad mouthing people?” I asked with a hint of annoyance in my voice.
 
“When it comes to Wu Yifan, yes, they’re always like that.” She shrugged casually.
 
“They hate him that much? Is he that dislikeable?” I asked even though I knew it myself how rude that giant can get.
 
“Yes, they hate him that much and yes, he’s that dislikeable.” She answered. I looked at her curiously.
 
“What about you?” I asked her trying to know why she didn’t join her peers.
 
“Unlike these girls, I have a lot of better things to do than to badmouth people.” She said and I grinned at her. I knew we’re going to be friends. The fourth period teacher came and just like the previous ones, she asked for an introduction too. I stood up and instead of going on with my previous plan I decided to introduce myself in a different way.
 
 
“Hi my name is Luo Lian. It’s okay if you forgot my surname because it’s going to be changed anyway. I’m going to be a Wu in the future. Why? Because I’m going to marry Wu Yifan. Yes, you heard it right. Wu Yifan, the guy you guys been bad mouthing for a couple of minutes now.” I said and glared at the girls in front of me whose jaws drop hearing my connection with Yifan.
 
“I’m his fiancée and I won’t tolerate hearing those vile and low words directed at him. If I ever heard one of you bad mouth him again, be prepared to suffer the consequences. That’s all, thank you.” I finished with my sweetest smile. Leaving my classmates to look at me differently now. I sat down and cast a glare towards the girls who did the bad deed before they gulped and looked away. 
 
 
I smirked but it was immediately wiped off once I realized what I just did. Yifan clearly told me to not let out our relationship in public! I’m so stupid. But I can’t help it! I buried my face in my hands. I’m so going to face a furious dragon later.
 
 
 
*Le Sigh*