Chapter 1: Too late

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

 
The present: December 09, 2016
 
 
A young man was running so fast people around him think he’s mad. He doesn’t care if he was out of breath and ready to collapse anytime now. He doesn’t care if he bumps into someone. He just lets his long legs do their job and take him towards his destination.
 
 
He’s fighting the pain all this running causes him. He’s also fighting the tears that are about to fall. All he knows is that he should get to his destination as quick as possible.
 
 
*Please don’t let me be late.* He chanted inside his head.
 
 
*Please. I beg whoever made this world possible. Please.* He begged.
 
 
The long run came to a stop when he finally saw his destination: The city church. He went through the gate and stopped facing the closed doors of the church.
 
 
He breathed in deeply before pushing the doors open. All his hopes vanished seeing the used church empty. 
 
 
*No way.*
 
 
He dragged his feet towards the altar not minding the used wedding decorations scattered around. He finally made his way towards the altar and stood where the groom should be.
 
 
*I’m late. I’m too late.* All the pain and tears he fought earlier began to finally drown on him.
 
 
*I’m late.* He kept repeating inside his head tightening his fist hard.
 
 
*I’m late. She’s gone.* At the thought of HER, the young man’s tears began to fall. He began to cry.
 
 
*She’s gone. I didn’t make it. She’ll never be mine again.* 
 
 
He doesn’t care if he’ll look pathetic. He went to his knees and cried. He cried like he never did before. He poured all the emotions he felt inside.
 
The pain; pain of losing her, the longing; longing for her love and affection and most of all regret; regret of letting her go.
 
 
“I’m so stupid, so stupid.” He chuckled with no hint of amusement in his voice, just pure bitterness.
 
 
He just let himself cry because he thinks it’s the only thing he could do now. Cry. Cry for her, and for the love he lost.
 
 
“Li An-ah…” he said her name with utmost affection and longing.
 
 
“Li An-ah…” he repeated and looked at his side, the side where the bride was supposed to be.
 
 
“You should’ve wait a little longer before saying I do to that man.” He continued still looking at the vacant space.
 
 
“You should’ve waited for me to burst inside here and sweep you off your feet. Like the scene in your favorite movie. You always liked that part right?” He continued pretending the love of his life was there, at his side.
 
 
“You should’ve have said your ‘I do’ to me. Not him…” he said and cried harder.
 
 
“You should be standing right here right now with me. Why couldn’t you wait just a little longer? Why??” He asked desperately while angrily punching the ground.
 
 
“Li An-ah… I love you.” He said and let himself be drowned with tears inside the church where the two of them was supposed to get married. 
 
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 
Hi everyone! To minimize confusion I would like to tell something. *EHEM*
 
2016 will be the 'PRESENT TIME'. 
 
 
It will be 4 years after EXO's debut which is in 2012. 
 
Of course a lot of things happened at those four years right?
 
And those things will be revealed on the next chapters.
 
Even the things before EXO's debut will also be revealed later.
 
 
If you have any questions feel free to ask me. :)
 
 
Thank you for the subscribes~!!! :D
 
I would try my best to live up to your expectations guys.
 
Feel free to leave a comment :D