Meeting the Parents... Again.

Not Your Average Fairytale

Song Hee's P.O.V.

"Stupid friggin thing!" Jonghyun cursed and yelled at his tie. "Wait..... I think I got it this time!" he exclaimed pridefully. Pulling the tie up, he ended up choking himself. Hard.

"Ack! I swear I'm gonna-"

"Let me do it for you.... Aish...." I rolled my eyes and continued tying his tie, the way I remembered my umma doing for my appa, for he had lots of trouble with this sort of thing as well. Speaking of Umma and Appa, that's the reason why we're all dressed up, to meet my parents. It was going to be the first time I'd get to see them, and knowing my parents, there's gonna be tears and sobs. From both of us.

"There, done!" I smiled in satisfaction as the tie looked perfect in place.

He stared at it in awe. "How did you do that?" he asked.

"It's tying a tie, not rocket science," I giggled as he observed the thin piece of satin like it was from a whole other world.

I was wearing my purple strapless dress- the one I wore the day Jonghyun first came to my house for dinner when we used to hate each other.

"You look beautiful as always," he took my hand and kissed the back of it and twirled me around once. "But I think your hair....." he took a strand in his hands, "would look better in a side pony."

I looked in the mirror and saw he was correct. "Good call. How did you know that?" I questioned, beginning to do so.

"It's tying your hair, not rocket science," he mimicked my voice, laughing afterwards. I rolled my eyes, but giggled to show I wasn't really annoyed with him.

"Ready?" he asked, putting his hand out. I placed mine in his. They felt like two puzzle pieces that fit together perfectly.

"Ready."

***

I checked my reflection in the rear view mirror of Jonghyun's car, fixing any strand of hair that was out of place.

"Will you stop freaking out? They're your parents!" he half spoke-half yelled.

"Yeah, my parents that I haven't seen in like, 3 years when I was still in Seoul this whole time!" I countered.

"They won't get mad at you! If anything, they'll be at your feet, begging you not to go again!" he neared the next stop sign.

"That's even worse than them getting mad at me. The guilt would eat me alive!" I slouched in my chair and continued to redo my ponytail multiple times, nervously braiding it every now and then.

When Jonghyun pulled up in their driveway, I started to hypereventilate.

When we rang the doorbell, I started gagging.

When they answered the door, all of my insides poured out of me. In other words, I threw up.

***

After my parents hosed down the door and got me all cleaned up, we prepared dinner together like how we always did. There was crying and sobbing as I expected there to be, but I guess my puke kinda ruined the mood a bit, but there were still tears. I think my parents are still crying as we prepare dinner! As a surprise, they also invited Jonghyun's parents, but at least they came after I vomited.

Soon before dinner started, Jonghyun was called in a seperate room to discuss something with his parents while my parents and I set the table.

"Sorry again.... for throwing up," I blushed.

"Haha, it's ok! So where have you been all this time?" my mother managed a slight laugh, but continued crying from about an hour ago.

"I was enrolled at Seoul Universery and lived in a dorm with my roommate," I replied. I left out the part about the guys, or Appa would freak and Umma would start making..... ual comments.

"You should've invited her, I'd like to meet her and thank her for taking care of you," Appa shrugged, trying to calm Umma down.

"Who said I didn't take care of myself?" I accused. 

He laughed. "I know you, Song Hee. She took care of you, didn't she?"

"Not- Well....." I bowed my head down while my parents laughed their's off. I couldn't help but laugh as well for both my silliness, and my parents'.

Jonghyun's P.O.V.

After I was called into the guest room for a family meeting, I heard Song Hee and her parents start laughing as they set the table, which made a smile tug at my lips.

"What did you want to ask?" I asked, making sure I was polite.

"We were just wondering.... don't take this personal or anything," my mother looked guilty.

"What is it?" 

"Are you sure Song Hee is a suitable girl for you?" 

Those words rang around in my head and haunted me like a ghost. I just claimed Song Hee as mine (not that she's an item or anything), and now I think my parents are disapproving it.

"Bwoh? You know her, you've met her, I thought you liked her! I asked her to marry me in a couple of years!" I yelled, but quietly, for I didn't want Song Hee to hear.

"But after she ran away and all, we were just thinking that she was reckless or something," Umma shrugged. So now she chooses to be serious...

"Reckless?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing, from my own parents, too. "She took care of herself for the past 3 years!" I defended.

And of course, right at that moment, outside we hear loud enough, "I know you, Song Hee. She took care of you, didn't she?" It was her father's voice. Then there was no answer, followed by laughter.

"She took care of herself, eh?" my father raised an eyebrow at me. I hate it when he does that!

"We're not trying to split you two up or anything, but we just want to make sure that she's a nice girl for our only son, you know?" Umma said.

"I love her! So nothing you say can stop me!" I shouted. I heard silence from outside. Oh crap, they heard me....

I walked out the door, probably leaving my parents dumbfounded, and I saw all three Kims looking at me like there was something wrong with my face. Song Hee walked up to me. "Jonghyun? Is everything ok?" she asked.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I tried acting as if the whole thing didn't happen.

"Really? It didn't sound like it in there,' she motioned towards the door.

"I-It's nothing, let's just eat," I smiled.

No One's P.O.V.

During the dinner, things were awkwardly silent for Jonghyun's family, while Song Hee's was chatting away without a care in the world.

"Oh, before I forget, me and Jonghyun have an announcement to make!" Song Hee practically jumped in her seat excidedly.

She held out her hand and beamed. "He asked me to marry him!"

A few shrieks and whoops were coming at one end of the table- the chatty side. The other side was just silent, already knowing the news.

"Jonghyun I give you my blessing already!" Song Hee's father jumped for joy.

"Aren't you guys happy?" Song Hee asked towards Jonghyun's parents.

"Happy? Of course we're happy, we just don't show it on the outside so much," his mother lied.

Song Hee shrugged. "Well ok, if you say so!" 

As the Kims began celebrating, the other Kims sent a few glares to each other. After all, that family did have a tendency to hold grudges.... for a while.

==================================

Heyo! And another problem rises..... Well, I was busy doing lots of things today! I just finished reading the Hunger Games (it's about time!), I updated this, and I finished working on my new fanfic foreword. I know, I didn't finish this one yet, but I was so excited! XD It involves a little diva I recall to be named.... KEY! Here's the link to it:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/207509/my-little-avatar-bigbang-key-romance-shinee-snsd-avatar

Comment and subscribe~!!! :D

-dino-nerd525