Pinky Promise

Not Your Average Fairytale

Jonghyun's P.O.V.

I paced nervously back and forth in my dressing room, waiting for Song Hee to come out in her bridesmaid's dress. Now that I think about it, the situation I'm in is crazier than I thought. Think about it, here I am, a taken boy man in my suit about to get married to my girlfriend's once evil cousin, waiting for my girlfriend who is totally calm about the problem so we can talk about the plan to stop the wedding. Aish, my head hurts now....

After about 5 more minutes of waiting, Song Hee strutted out in her magenta sleeveless dress, putting in the matching magenta flower in her hair on the opposite side of her side-pony. I walked up to her, stunned by her beauty.

"You look beautiful," I told her.

"That's what you should be saying during our wedding, not when you're the groom and I'm the bridesmaid," she pouted. I pinched her cheeks due to her cuteness.

"Wait, so you want to get married one day?" I asked hopefully.

"Well, yeah why wouldn't I? Is it because you don't want to one day?" she snapped coldly.

After a while of an awkward silence, she sighed and rubbed her temples. "I'm sorry, it's just that I'm tired and I'm....." her voice got softer at the end so I couldn't hear.

"What?"

"I'm scsaed......" she repeated a little louder.

"Spit it out, Song Hee!" I shook her violently.

"I'M SCARED, OK?" she admitted.

"Bwoh? Wae?" I put my arm around her soothingly.

"What if..... What if this plan doesn't work?," she looked down.

"That's not gonna happen," I assured her and took her face in my hands. "Look at me." She refused. "Song Hee, look at me," I repeated. This time she looked up with small tears welling up in her eyes making them slightly glossy and a lot bigger than how they really were.

I pulled her into a hug. "There's no need to worry. No matter what happens, I'll come back for you. Have I ever given up on you before?" I questioned her, releasing my now shivering girlfriend.

She slighly nodded her head no.

"Good. Then I'm not going to start now."

"I-I just don't want to lose you after i just got you back," she squeaked.

I sighed. I really was no good at calming people down, but I had to try for Song Hee.

"I'm scared, too," I admitted, "but I know you won't let me down. And I won't let you down either."

"Right. I won't let you down, I-I promise," she hugged me again.

"Pinky promise?" I held out my pinky and wiped some of her tears away with my thumb.

She giggled and wiped the rest of them away before locking pinkies with mine. "Pinky promise."

"Jonghyun, we need you at hair and makeup right now," a middle-aged man popped his head in the small door crack and called for me.

"Ne, I'll be there soon," I told him. He nodded once before pushing his head back out of the door.

"Ok, I have to go now, but I'll see you at the wedding. I'm counting on you," I showed her my pinky to remind her of our promise.

"Arasso," she said I began to make my way to the door. "Wait, Jonghyun!" she yelled before I touched the knob.

"Yeah?"

She ran up to me and hugged me. "I love you," she whispered before ripping out of my firm hold of her waist, just to make her way to my lips. Our mouths moved in sync as I moved my hands up to each side of her face and she moved hers to around my neck, playing with the little hairs on the back of it. We finally pulled away, gasping for air.

"I love you too, yeobo," I said, pecking her lips one last time, giving her a slight smile and wave, and heading my way to hair and makeup.

Song Hee's P.O.V.

I felt my heart drop when he was out the door. I felt as if that would be the last time I would see him, though I was thinking crazy. I also shuffled out the door and accidentally bumped into Auntie.

"Oh, Annyeonghasaeo Auntie," I smiled and bowed. She raised a hand to say hello as well.

"So are you excited for Hyun Ae?" I asked her.

"Very. But obviously you aren't," she replied. Omo, did she hear us?

"W-What are you talking about?" I avoided all eye-contact.

"I heard you two in there," she calmly stated and gestured a polite hand towards the door I had came from. "You make a lovely couple."

"T-Thank you?" I didn't know if that wasa supposed to be some sort of threat or a compliment.

"I hate to do this....." she nodded her head and looked down.

"What do you mean?" 

"I hate breaking up a nice couple like this, so I won't do it," she said with a smile and rubbed my back comfortingly.

"Jjin Jja?" my eyes widened in happiness. 

Her smile disappeared. "I won't, you will," she finished and grabbed my arm harshly. 

"W-What are you doing?" I tried breaking out of her hold but it was no use. Not even my black belt skills could break her grasp.

"I'm not going to break you up. You will by not coming down to stop it," she explained. She wrapped her hand around my mouth and forced me down the hall. 

"JONGHYUN SAVE ME!!!" I tried screaming but only sounded as muffled voices against my aunt's tight hand.

"Here we go," she said. We were in front of a bathroom. I raised my eyebrow at her. This lady is nuts.

She coldly shoved me into the empty, large bathroom leaving me on the fancy marble floor helplessly.

"There is no way you are ruining this for my only daughter!" she screamed and slammed the door shut making me come back to my senses.

I ran over to it and yanked the knob several times. No luck, it was locked and would probably stay locked until the wedding was over. I slid down the wall in depression. I felt like the weight that had been lifted off of my shoulders was back.

I'm sorry Jonghyun....... I broke the promise....

Hyun Ae's P.O.V.

I looked at myself in my dressing room mirror admiring my dress. If only this was my real wedding..... 

There wasa a knock at the door. "Come in," I half-yelled half-spoke. The door creaked open and revealed two handsomely dressed men.

"I waited for you at your house but you weren't there," Dongho explained and wrapped me in a hug. "I can't believe you're getting married! Well, fake married, anyways. Jonghyun told me everything," he pointed at Jonghyun who was leaning on the doorframe. He waved and walked over to me.

"Everything is in place. And you look beautiful," he said.

"Great. And I love this dress, but it reminds me I'm not really getting married, so I can't wait to get out of it," I picked up some of the bottom layers of my dress and exaimined them.

"Don't worry, I'm sure love will find you soon. Love is for everyone," Dongho encouraged.

"Ok everyone, let's wrap up the love fest. We need the bride and groom in the waiting room now. The wedding is about to start!" Umma walked through the opened door and clasped her hands together in delight. It's the happiest I've seen her since I won that science fair in the third grade.

"Ne, Ummaji," I rushed over to her side with Jonghyun and bid Dongho a farewell, telling him that I would see him in the audience.

"No need to be so formal, now," Umma said, "so call me Umma. Not Ummaji, it doesn't have that ring to it anymore."

We trudged on behind Umma, a few steps away. "Nice job, if you ask me, I think you got upgraded," Jonghyun whispered, giving my the thumbs up.

"Oh, Umma! Is Song Hee in the waiting room, also?" I asked her. It seemed like she stopped in her tracks for a moment, but I decided to let it pass.

"Of course. Actually if I recall, I think she said she had to go to the bathroom?" 

I sighed in relief. She had remembered the plan.

Song Hee's P.O.V.

I let all of the tears welled up inside of me burn until they were forced out of my eyes. They streamed down my face and plopped onto the floor. 

"HELP!!" I tried again, trying to get someone's attention from outside. "I'M TRAPPED IN THIS BATHROOM, HEEEEELPPP!"

I had begun to do that unknowingly, like it was by instinct. After about the 40th time in doing that, I grabbed the glass soap container and chucked it at the wall in anger and frustration, letting the small bottle shatter and crack, the pieces laying sprawled all over the floor. I felt a sharp sting on my foot. Looking down, I realized a small jagged piece of the bottle had dug into the sole of my foot, but heck, I couldn't care less. All I wanted was to get out of this friggin bathroom!

Jonghyun's P.O.V.

The doors opened, meaning the wedding had begun. All of the other bridesmaids, except for Song Hee, of course, strutted on the dark red carpet, slowly making their way towards the altar. Same with everyone else until everyone was told to stand up, meaning the bride would walk in shortly after.

After Hyun Ae was given to me by her parents, they sat down in the seats next to them, and the ceremony began. The priest began talking.

"Are there any objections to this fine couple's marriage?" his voice boomed against the hollow room and walls. Any minute now....

"Are there?" he repeated. Where are you, Song Hee?!

"No?" he looked around. Hyun Ae and I both raised our hands at the same time. He glared at us.

"Not from you two," he lowered our hands. "If not, then let's move on." Don't tell me she ran away again...... She promised!

Song Hee's P.O.V.

I heard the priest's words. "Are there any objections?" those words echoed inside of my head and haunted me. "Yes, me!" I wish I could say. Then everything would be ok, but clearly, it's not.

I tried one last time. "HEEEELLLLP! SOMEONE GET ME OUTTA-" I suddenly fell beck where the door I was leaning on used to be. I looked up.

"Dongho! You don't know how glad I am to see you right now, but I reallyhavetogo,thanks!" I shouted in one breath before hugging him and taking my heels off so I could sprint my way to the main doors, leaving him dumbfounded.

"You're welcome?" I heard him say.

As I was running as fast as I could, I could hear the wedding vowas loud and clear. Then, the ending.

"By the power vested in me...."

Just a little bit more.....

"I now pronounce you...."

Please.....

"Husband and wife...."

Please......

"You may now kiss the bride," he finished.

"STOP THE WEDDING!" I burst through the front doors.

===============================================

Awesome cliffhanger, huh? I tried to relate this chappie to Cinderella, like in there she was trapped by her stepmother in that tower but the mice saved her so she could stop the shoe-fitting, well in here, she was trapped by here auntie in the bathroom but her ex boyfriend saved her so she could stop the wedding... So, thanks for all of the comments, you guys make me wanna write more, and I'll update as soon as I can! Here's a joke my friend also told me, but it's not as funny.... it kinda , but I still laughed 0.o

Me: Why was 6 afraid of 7?
You: Because 7 8 9?
Me: No, numbers can't eat and they don't have feelings, so shut up!

Sorry if I hurt any of your feelings, but....but........ nothing, really! :))) Comment and subscribe!

-dino-nerd525