On/Off switch

Not Your Average Fairytale

Song Hee's P.O.V.

WHAT THE SDIFUAEOIRJADKGLHAIOD?!?!?!?!?!

Now I know what Hyun Ae's talking about, her parents ARE crazy, damn crazy to be correct!

"B-But Auntie," I slightly laughed, "you do know he is my boyfriend, right?" I made the last part serious. Jonghyun and Hyun Ae still stood in their tracks, frozen as still as a statue.

"I'm sorry, Song Hee, but don't you think Hyun Ae needs this? You're beautiful, smart, funny, everything a guy wants. Hyun Ae, on the other hand, may never get a boy in her lifetime! Can't you do this for your Auntie?" she pleaded.

"I also have a say in this," Jonghyun stepped up. "You can't just order me to marry someone without my permission!" he exclaimed, but was ignored.

"With all due respect, I think you're wrong," I said a bit too harshly. "Hyun Ae's a great person and she can get a boyfriend for herself."

"Why do you keep saying that when you know it isn't true?" her father snapped.

"But it is tru-" Hyun Ae cut me off.

"Umma, Appa, enough!" she shouted. Everything fell silent. It was the first time since their visit that Hyun Ae had called her parents in the less formal way.

"L-Look, this is what I was trying to tell the both of you before......" her voice trailed off as she bit her lip, afraid of the outcome of the words that were about to escape her tongue and pass .

Her parents looked at her expectantly. "Go on," Auntie challenged her. Hyun Ae bit her lip again before blinking twice and making her decision wheter to tell or not.

"I-It's just that sometimes..... people have mishaps and misses.... a-and you guys' is that you can be..... just a..... just a little bit controlling," her tone in voice became higher at the end of the sentence that almost made it seem like a question.

She quickly continued before her parents could respond. "I-It's nothing to worry or be ashamed about, everyone has their little misses, and yours' isn't that bad, maybe you could lighten up and not have Jonghyun be forced to-" 

SLAP

Everything happened so fast that I couldn't even see the process happening right in front of my eyes. All I saw and heard was Hyun Ae explaining to her parents, then the next thing I knew, she was kneeling on the floor with her strucken cheek cupped in her hands. I saw her poke it once, then wince at the developing pain. I stole a glance at Auntie's fingers. They were long and slender, and her fingernails were just about the size of half of her whole finger. 

Hyun Ae looked up. I could see tears forming in the brims of her eyes and a slim, slanted slash mark running down her face. Blotches of red blood were smeared on her cheek as well.

"How dare you talk to your own parents that way! You, young lady, you know better than this, I expect more from you next time, and don't even let me give you this warning again, am I clear?" Auntie pointed her finger at Hyun Ae who was now sitting helplessly on the floor, her now swollen cheek still in hand.

"Am. I. CLEAR?!" her mother bent down to her level and hollored.

".....Yes, Ummaji," Hyun Ae said through clenched teeth. I could see her hand that wasn't on her face rolling into a clenched fist as well. It starteed to quiver and shake, as if something were about to burst out of her any second.

"Good. We will be back tomorrow, and I hope you can get your senses straight by then. You will marry this young boy, and you will like it. Do I make myself clear?" she asked. Hyun Ae nodded slightly with her head still down while Jonghyun stood there thoughtfully and helplessly as her parents made their way out of Hyun Ae's small wooden door on the other side of the room.

I immediately rushed over to Hyun Ae's side. Jonghyun gave her an ice pack for her cheek to stop the throbbing. 

"Hey Hyun Ae, are you ok?" Jonghyun asked as caringly as he could get.

"........"

"Hyun Ae?" he repeated. Her haid still drooped down, and she still remained silent.

"Get out."

"I'm sorry?" Jonghyun came closer to see if he had heard right.

"I said, GET OUT!" she hissed, springing up to her feet and pointing at the door. And she was back. The old Hyun Ae. It seemed like she had an on/off switch that would turn her personality and bend and form it into something totally different. That switch was her parents. Without any argument, I rushed Jonghyun out the door as well, for I believed that she needed some space to gather her thoughts.

"Why'd you leave her there?" Jonghyun questioned once we were out the door.

"She needs to be alone for now. Don't worry, we'll be back tomorrow."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Oh THANK GOD you're back!" Onew exclaimed before yanking both of us inside.

"Yahhh, oppa!" Ae Cha whined when Key threw a pillow at her. It was funny, it was like Key had an on/off switch, too. He's happy lots of times, but whn Ae Cha's around for some reason, he acts all.... he acts all wonky.

"Ummm, sorry!" Key said sarcastically. "I was aiming for Minho," he shrugged. Ae Cha scowled but lightened her mood once she saw us. She ran up to us and hugged the life out of me.

"You're back! Are you ok? Are you broken anywhere? Are you-" I cut her off.

"We're ok!" I assured her, gripping her shoulders to tell her to calm down. "Hyun Ae isn't mean anymore, she just wne through some..... rough patches in her life."

"It's her parents who are the crazy ones," Jonghyun rolled his eyes and shuddered at the mention of them.

"Really? How so?" Key asked curiously. (A/N: Oh, I'm curious, yeeeaaaa~! Sorry, had toXD)

"Let's just say that Jonghyun's engaged now!" I pretended to be excited.

"Eeeeeewww, your boyfriend is marrying Hyun Ae's mother?" Onew made a disgusted face.

"No, her mother is making him marry Hyun Ae herself!" I explained. 

"......."

"That.... That's some messed up parents there," Taemin finally said. 

Jonghyun broke into laughter and high-fived the now blonde boy. "You got that right," 

"Well then just don't go. Never go back there, it's not like they're gonna track you down or anything," Minho said.

"But then I can't just leave Hyun Ae there, they'll murder her or something!" I yelled.

"Pfft, like we care about what happens to that-" Taemin started but shut up after I gave him one of my glares that said, "I'm not in the mood right now so shut your face."

"We're going back. All of us this time. Hyun Ae needs all of the help we need. Same with Jonghyun or they'll be walking down the aisle in less than a week's time!" I told the group. They nodded.

"I'm in," Krystal said.

"I'm in," Minho stood by her side and joined their hands together secretly, but I could still see them.

"I'm in," everyone else echoed.

"Perfect," I said. Everything was falling into place perfectly.

=============================================

YEAH, Shinee to the rescue! +others.... :))))) This chapter was a bit off to me, like it didn't really go anywhere, but then again, it wouldn't make sense without it, do you know what I mean?

Sorry, took me so long to update again, but I was super busy with hw and studying for tests and such.... Oh and haha, my friend told me this really mean joke, but I was still laughing coz the way she said it was funny. Here it is:

Me: How did Suzy drop her ice cream?
You: How?
Me: She was hit by a car
You: *blank expression*
Me: Knock knock?
You: Who's there?
Me: NOT SUZY!

That's lame, isn't it? Well, you had to be there! :)))))) don't forget to comment and subscribe! :)))))

-dino-nerd525