Intimidated, not scared

Not Your Average Fairytale

No One's P.O.V.

Both Hyun Ae and Song Hee immediately looked at Jonghyun with hopeful eyes. He noticed this and widened his. 

"No. Just no," he said.

"Please Jonghyun? My parents are going to think I'm a total failure. AGAIN! I can't let that happen!" Hyun Ae plopped on her living room couch and sighed. "What would you do if your whole life, your own parents thought of you as a pabo? Please, just for the day!" she pleaded.

He sighed. "When are they coming?" 

Hyun Ae clapped her hands giddily and checked her calender hanging on the wall next to the couch. "We have two days. They come on Sunday."

"Is it ok if I use your boyfriend for the day?" Hyun Ae looked towards Song Hee.

"Yeah, go for it," Song Hee smiled and replied. Jonghyun scrunched up his face.

"But does it have to be me? Can't you just hire an actor or something?" Jonghyun whined. Song Hee jabbed her elbow into his arm as if to say, "Just help her out." 

"Jonghyun. We have two days. I can't hold an audition, not enough time. And I can't just go onto the streets and pick a random guy and ask if he wants to be my fake boyfriend," Hyun Ae said.

"But the thing is, what if they find out? They'll think of me as a total loser again," Hyun Ae buried her face in her hands.

"Well is there anyone that doesn't already have a girlfriend that you know?" Song Hee asked.

"We could call Onew and them," Jonghyun suggested.

"K, I'll call them, but.... Hyun Ae? Could I.... you know, have my phone back?" Song Hee laughed.

"Oh, right. Hehe," Hyun Ae blushed from embarrassment and pulled Song Hee's phone out of her apron pocket from when Song Hee was still her prisoner.

"Yeah, Taemin or someone could pretend. Let me just check really quick, be right back," Song Hee said, pulling out her phone and pressing buttons, walking into another room.

Song Hee's P.O.V.

I put the phone up to my ear and stuck my finger into the other so I could hear better. I felt the loud, monotone buzzes and beeps of the phone vibrate my ear. It rang 3 times before someone picked up.

"Yeobosaeyo?" Onew's voice echoed.

"Oppa, where are you?" I asked, checking my nails.

"Lunch with everyone else. Where are you and how have you...." he stopped.

"Oppa?" I called. He spoke up again.

"WAIT, YOU HAVEN'T COME BACK FROM HYUN AE'S YET, OH MY GOSH WHAT HAS SHE DONE TO YOU AND HOW WERE YOU ABLE TO GET YOUR PHONE AND-"

"Aish, oppa! Relax, you almost made my eardrums burst!" I put the phone away from my ear from his yelling.

"Hehe, m-mianhe. But are you ok? I swear if she has done anything to you, I will wring her little-" I cut him off again.

"It's ok. She's cool now. I'll tell you guys the whole story later, but for right now.... You guys are still single, right?" I scratched my head. I heard the others snicker.

"Wait, this is on speaker phone?" I asked, hearing the other boys' talking.

"Hey Song Hee, hope that bit- I mean witch hasn't done anything to you!" Ae Cha shouted, trying to hide her cursing.

I sighed. "How come it's so hard to talk to you? Wait, don't answer that question. Anyways, I need a favor of one of you."

"Oh, me! Pick me!" Taemin squeaked. I could almost see him burst with happiness.

"Great. Taemin, you're gonna be Hyun Ae's boyfriend."

"No."

"But-"

"NO," he firmly stated before handing the phone back to Onew.

"Do any of you want to?" I referred to the others. Silence.

"Ugh, whatever. Fine, be like that!" I yelled.

"Ok, bye Song Hee! And don't forget to-" I cut Minho off with my finger, quickly ending the call. I walked back into the room where Jonghyun and Hyun Ae have been sitting in.

"Yeah, they don't want to," I broke the news to them calmly and straight-forward.

Hyun Ae groaned and whispered to herself. "Ottoke? Ottoke? Ottoke? Ottoke?.........." she repeated.

"Is there anyone else that you have in mind before we go to Jonghyun?" I questioned, trying to stop her hyperventilating.

"Well..... Therer is this one guy that I've always kind of... *gulp* liked..." she stared off into space.

"Then what are you waiting for? Call him! Pali, pali!" I hurried her and tossed her my phone.

"But my parents know him and they don't like him that much. He used to be my boyfriend until my parents made me break up with him. I still do like him, though, but I don't know if he still likes me back," Hyun Ae stated.

I shifted a bit and sighed as I walked over to Hyun Ae with her face in her hands. "Hyun Ae?" I poked the little exposed skin on her cheek. No response. I kept on poking her cheek.

"WHAT?" she looked up and snapped.

"Are you.... by any chance... I'm not pointing any fingers, and I'm not accusing anyone, but are you scared by your parents?" I finished. She stiffened her body and freed herself from out eye contact. 

"Scared of them? No. Intimidated by them? Hell yes," she rolled her eyes and took a sip from her water bottle, releasing the tension from herself.

"You can't be scar- intimidated by your parents all your life. They're gonna have to except you for who you are, and you shouldn't change yourself for them. If they really love you, they wouldn't care about who you like or how you act. This is your chance to prove to them that you are your own self and that they don't control you. So call him and ask him. Who knows? Maybe he still does like you," I comforted her.

"Thanks, Song Hee and... can I borrow your phone?" she asked.

"No problem," I said, handing it to her.

"Wait... So I get that you kidnapped me and everything for you parents, but why were you like, obsessive when you didn't really like me?" Jonghyun came back into the scene, suddenly bringing up the past.

"I tried to make myself like you so I could focus on getting you for my parents, but it never worked. No matter how obsessed I made myself, nothing," Hyun Ae said, dialling the number.

"How is that possible? I thought every girl loved me and-" Jonghyun started but never finished.

"Shhhhhhh! It's ringing," Hyun Ae said, waving her hand, motioning to Jonghyun to shut up.

"But I-" he tried again.

"SHHHHH!" she hissed.

"What am I doing? I can't do this," she freaked and began to press the end call button but I slapped her finger away.

"You have to do this," I pointed my finger at her sternly. She rolled her eyes and sighed before putting the phone up to her ear again.

"Yeobosaeyo?" the guy on the other line said.

"Annyeong, D-Dongho oppa," she said. My eyes nearly buldged out of their sockets. DONGHO? He used to date Hyun Ae, then me, then Miyoung..... Wow, awkward much?

Jonghyun and I stared at each other with wide eyes as Hyun Ae stuttered through their conversation.

"Y-Yeah, remember me? Look, I'm sorry w-with what I did and how I acted w-when Song Hee ran away, and.... Huh? Oh yeah, I-I was the g-girl who was at the coffee shop when you were there and...... Huh? Song Hee called me a stalker you say?" her eyes travelled to me in a glare. I shrugged and smiled as she continued to hold her conversation.

"Look oppa, there's something that I need to ask of you if it's not too much. D-Do you still by any chance l-like me? Oh, arasso that's ok. But can you pretend that you're my boyfriend, just for my parents? I know thay don't like you...." as she spoke, I walked over to Jonghyun and stood in front of him. His arms s around my waist and his face appeared next to mine, his chin resting on my shoulder. We were both facing the same way, and he swayed back and forth. I felt a small smile tug at the corners of my mouth.

"You did good," he said.

"Thanks. You did nothing," I slipped out of his grasp and he laughed.

"Bobo," he suddenly said, pointing to his cheek. I happily obliged and gave him a small peck.

"Now on the other cheek," he pointed to that one. I did the same.

"Now here," he smiled widely and pointed to his lips. I rolled my eyes and smiled before fufilling his wish.

We both smiled into the kiss and I spoke into it, "You're such an idiot."

"Yeah, but you know you love me," he also said through the kiss.

All I could do was giggle and continue, our lips doing the talking from there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HeYo!!!!! Hehe, I bet you missed the "dwarves", huh? They'll come back soon, I promise! And woah, Dongho.... Dating a girl, then her cousin, then another girl? -_- Aish, pabo! And I actually got another subber! I thought all my readers were dead coz only a few commented and one subbed! But that's ok coz this is my first fanfic, others will be a lot better since I have gotten this experience! Saranghe!!! <3 <3 <3 Keep those comments and subbers going, ppls! :)))

-dino-nerd525