Impressed?

Not Your Average Fairytale

*During the Key Cha moment* (Song Hee's P.O.V.)

Readying myself for our picnic date, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I sighed loudly. I was wearing one of my regular, casual weekend outfits- a plain, solid-color V-neck and denim shorts. Yeah, this isn't gonna do.

I burrowed through my closet to try and find the perfect outfit for my date. I ended up trying on 15 more outfits and still didn't find one.

"Having trouble there?" Krystal giggled and took a break from her weekend reading.

I groaned. "Ugh, yes! I don't know why, though, I've never been this picky with my clothes before!" I grabbed a random shirt and shorts combo and threw them back into my pigsty of a closet.

"Maybe coz you're nervous for your little date with Jonghyun!" she teased me, ruffling my hair.

"Pfft- no! I've been on dates with him plenty of times and all I wore were things like hoodies and skinny jeans."

"Well this time is different," she pat my head and looked through my closet.

"What do you mean by different?" I asked.

"You're just a bit nervous after the proposal, I bet. Here, let me help you," she said. I thought about it for a while. Is it just the proposal getting to my head? He's my soon-to-be husband, I shouldn't try to impress him.... Should I? Would he..... not like me anymore?

"Try this on," Krystal jumped out from my piled up closet and handed me the first thing I tried on- my red, short-sleeved V-neck and my ripped denim shorts.

"But this is what I had on in the first place," I told her.

"Exactly. That's who you are, and if he can't except that, he's not worth it. Trust me," she smiled warmly and continued with her reading.

"You're right, thanks unnie!" I squealed, glancing at the clock.

"OMO, it's already noon? I'm late!" I panicked, hurrying myself into the bathroom to quickly ready myself.

***

"Jonghyun!" I shouted. I soon spotted him and his picnic, all set up. I looked at my watch. I was 15 minutes late. I sprinted over to his side, panting.

"Mianhe..... Jonghyun.... I'm..... late," I said between pants, bending over.

He laughed and helped me sit on the picnic banket. "Haha, it's ok, don't worry about it."

I checked to see what he was wearing to see if Krystal was right or not. He was wearing what he normally wears- a black tee with jeans. I sighed in relief, thanking Krystal for not letting me out in anything fancier in this.

"So, chef Jonghyun, what has been prepared today?" I asked, pecking his cheek.

"Well...." he rummaged through the basket and started taking things out, "we have sandwiches cut into the shape of a heart, and juice boxes," he said, almost boastfully.

I giggled at his cuteness and stared at the lunch prepared. (http://www.celebrate-creativity.com/.a/6a00e008c99598883401287734222c970c-500wi)

"My favorite," I smiled and rubbed my hands covered in hand sanitizer.

"Ahhhhh," he said, telling me to open my mouth. I obliged and watched him feed me. "Open wider!" he commanded. I did as I was told. Suddenly, he shoved the whole thing down my mouth, leaving some at the edges of my mouth and face. He laughed hysterically and got up from his seat.

"You're so gonna get it!" I yelled, also getting up and chasing him around the little area set up for our date.

"You know you can't catch me, you have bad stamina!" he teased, sticking his tongue out and making funny faces.

"Says the guy who was beaten at that race that one time by me!" I shot back.

"That was beginner's luck!" he pouted.

"Pfft, beginner's luck my- OW!" I shrieked and tripped on a lone pinecone, sending me plummeting towards the ground. I heard Jonghyun gasp as my head and body got in contact with the sidewalk around the grass.

"Omo, Song Hee, gwenchana?" he asked, rushing to my side and checking for any sides of bruises or open wounds.

"Gwenchanayo," I replied, rubbing the back of my head that would surely leave a bump. I felt my knee start to sting. I looked down and caught red liquid oozing out of it, a new cut soon forming.

"Let me help you," Jonghyun helped me up, but my knees began to wobble, both bruised and scratched up. Picking me up bridal style, he started heading towards the school.

While we were on our way back, I could feel an awkward silence and could sense that Jonghyun was getting tired, so to get his mind off of it, I started talking to him.

"Sorry for ruining our date."

"Why are you sorry? It's my fault for starting it."

"Actually, it was the pinecone's fault for tripping me," I laughed with him.

"Let me ask you this," I started. He looked at me to tell me to continue. "Have you ever tried to impress me in any way?"

"I don't need to," he replied.

"But have you ever had that feeling that you were afraid that I would... I don't know, not like you anymore?" I rephrased the question.

"Plenty of times, but I know you wouldn't care."

"And... have you ever felt that way about me?"

"What way?"

"Like, you didn't like me anymore?" I bit my lip.

He sighed. "To tell you the truth, ever since our first date around 3 years ago, I never stopped loving you."

"Not even once?" my eyes widened.

"Not even once," he repeated, pecking me on the lips.

"So.... about the wedding.... when do you want it?" I smiled.

"I dunno... a year? Maybe two? It's still early, it's really up to you!" he returned the smile.

"Hmmm.. I'm 19 and you're 20, so.... I'd say probably 3-5 years, I don't know if I'm ready so soon...." I looked down, thinking I'd disappointed him.

"Hey, remember what I said? I'd wait millions of years for you," he comforted me and set me down on the edge of the school fountain. "Now let me help you with that cut...."

"I love you," I suddenly said.

"I love you more," he topped me and focused his attention back on my scraped up knees.

========================================

HEYO! Sorry, story didn't really go anywhere, but thata's ok, right? The story will end.... probably in around 5 chapters more? Idk.... less than 10, but more than 3, so...... yeah. Probably not gonna be a sequel, sorry to all you who wanted one, but I don't know what would happen, it's like the story will just be a flat line, so mianhe! T^T But you will see more of my fanfics, I'm currently fixing the plot with one, it's gonna be Key this time, so after this one, be sure to look out for that one! :))))

-dino-nerd525