Meet the Parents

Not Your Average Fairytale

No One's P.O.V.

"Arasso oppa. Ok, see you then. Annyeong!" Hyun Ae sang into the phone and closed it before walking into the room Song Hee and Jonghyun were in.

"Song Hee here's your phone- woah, sorry!" she widened her eyes and left after seeing the couple's little make out session. The two stopped and chuckled once she came back.

"Does he still like you?" Song Hee asked.

"Ani, but that's ok," Hyun Aae answered.

"Is he coming?"

"Ne, he's coming tomorrow and I hope my parents won't be too mad," Hyun Ae crossed her fingers. Song Hee did the same.

There was a knock at the door.

"Is that Dongho?" Jonghyun asked.

"He's not supposed to come until tomorrow....." Hyun Ae's voice trailed off as she walked towards the door and looked through the peephole.

"EEK!" she squealed, removing her eye from the small hole and running back to the two.

"Who is it?" Song Hee questioned.

"My parents," she replied before pacing back and forth. "They're early! They weren't supposed to come for like, another two days! Ottoke? Ottoke? Ottoke? Ottoke? Ottoke? Ottoke?....." she muttered.

"Hyun Ae." Song Hee took a firm grip on her shoulders. "Answer the door," she finished. Hyun Ae nodded and they both crossed their fingers when there was another knock. Hyun Ae took hold of the doorknob and took a deep breath before slowly cracking the door open.

"A-Annyeonghasaeo Ummaji, Appaji," she politely said before bowing to each of them. They gave her a slight nod before dropping their bags off in Hyun Ae's arms. Hyun Ae struggled as she slowly set them down to catch up with her robot-like parents. 

"So.... Ummaji, Appaji, you're early," Hyun Ae tried to make conversation.

"Ne, sorry we didn't tell you," her father said in a monotone voice.

"So where's this boy of yours?" her mother got straight to the point and looked around. Neither of them had even said hello or asked how she was doing.

"He will be here tomorrow, Ummaji," Hyun Ae said.

"Then who's that?" he mother pointed directly at Jonghyun.

"Me?" Jonghyun pointed at himself and looked around. Hyun Ae bit her lip.

"U-Ummaji, he's Song Hee's boyfriend. Remember Song Hee, my cousin, your niece?" Hyun Ae tried to help her mothere's terrible memory. Song Hee slightly waved and bowed.

"Annyeonghasaeo, it's nice to see you again, aunt and uncle."

"Oh yes, Song Hee. The one who spoke in third person. You can call me auntie," she nodded to show she remembered, but still said it in a monotone voice. Jonghyun silently laughed at the thought of Song Hee speaking in third person, resulting in Song Hee elbowing his ribs.

"He is a very suitable young boy, Hyun Ae," her father stated.

"Kansamnida," Jonghyun bowed.

"Who are you?" Mrs. Kim bluntly asked.

"Annyeonghasaeo, Kim Jonghyun imnida. Nice to meet you," Jonghyun bowed once more.

"I see," Mrs. Kim stated again. "Why can't Hyun Ae have a nice boy like you?" she pinched his cheek.

"Um, I am Song Hee's boyfriend, Mrs. Kim," Jonghyun reminded her.

"Hmmm... See, Hyun Ae? You should be hanging out with Song Hee more so she could rub off on you. You could learn a lot from her," Mrs . Kim said to Hyun Ae, who had her head down.

"With all due respect, auntie, I believe Hyun Ae is a great person," Song Hee defended.

"Pfft, good person. The only thing this thing is good at is making the family look bad," Mr. Kim stepped up. Hyun Ae bit here lip so hard that it drew blood.

"She hasn't-" Song Hee was cut off.

"I mean, look at her. Just with one glance, you can think disgrace," Mrs. Kim said. Hyun Ae widened her eyes and looked down, trying to hide the forming tears.

"Auntie, that's enough-" 

"She can't even get a decent boy that's good enough to marry." Hyun Ae immediately burst into tears and ran upstairs to her room.

"And now she's making the family look bad even more," Mr. Kim finished.

"Unnie, wait!" Song Hee called to Hyun Ae and ran after her.

Hyun Ae's P.O.V.

I ran to my room in tears and started punching my pillow, making tiny feathers fall out every now and then.

I hate my parents. I hate my parents. I hate my parents. I hate my parents. I hate my parents.....

Yet what they said was so true.

"Unnie, wait!" I heard Song Hee's voice call out to me. Did she just call me unnie? It's been so long since she's called me that....

"Go away," I simply said before burying my face into the pillow I was previously punching and rolling over on my side on my bed.

"Hyun Ae, I'm sure they didn't mean-" I cut her off.

"Yes, they did!" I was completely sobbing and in tears by then. "You don't know how long they've thought of me as just that. A disgrace. That's all they'll ever think of me!"

"I don't think they'll-"

"But the worst part is, is that I believe them. All I've ever done was bring the family a bad name. I can't even get a good boyfriend, Song Hee. I can't even do that! And they always compare me to others, it makes me feel like a piece of crap and I'm sick of it!" I cried, sobbing into my pillow more. Song Hee came up next to me and sat on the bed, rubbing my back and calming me down.

"Sometimes I wish I was you," I said, my pillow muffling my voice into faint whispers.

"I'm sure you wouldn't want that."

"Yes, I do. That's all I've ever wanted is to have fun. You're able to be yourself without anyone, let alone your parents, judging you."

"Do you want to go tell your parents that?" she asked, pulling strands of hair out of my face.

I nodded no.

"Ok that's it. We're going," She said before pushing me onto the floor and dragging me by my feet. "Sorry about this, unnie. It's for your own good." I THOUGHT I SAID NO!

"NO it's not! Let go of me, I don't want to talk to them!" I squirmed and tried to get my ankles out of her grasp, but to no avail. Damn, this girl was strong!

Finally, we were at the top of the staircase. Song Hee motioned for me to go first. I really wanted ot go talk to them about it, but at the same time, I know I'll regret it if I do. I gulped as I took a step, then another, then another, then another.... until we were at the last one. I saw my parents talking to Jonghyun, and by the looks of it, they already liked him more than they liked me in my 19 years of living.

"U-U-Ummaji? A-Appaji?" I silently called. They turned their heads to face me.

"Are you done, because I don't like crying," Ummaji said harshly. I gulped and bit my lip again. Song Hee gave me a little push to encourage me.

"I have something to tell you, and I don't know how you're going to react, but I-" Appaji cut me off.

"Same with us, Hyun Ae. Both your mother and I have decided that you're getting married," he said. My eyes buldged out of my head.

"B-B-Bwoh?" I shouted.

"To Jonghyun," Ummaji finished. All of us, Song Hee, Jonghyun and I exchanged bug-eyed glances and sent each other messages with our eyes.

"BWOH????????" we all said in unison.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Aren't they lovely?
Planning a wedding without permission from both of the ppl and while one of them is taken? Isn't that wonderful? Sorry, kinda short today, but eh, it's worth it! I feel like my writing skills have decreased since I began this story, it's less descriptive :( but maybe it's just me or this chapter because when I wrote this, I was ex-haust-ed!!! Nighty-night everyone, even though it's like, only 9:45... Don't forget to comment and subscribe! *yawn*

-dino-nerd525