Time Machine

Not Your Average Fairytale

Song Hee's P.O.V.

I had been in the bathroom for a while now, just.... thinking. Thinking about college and my new friends and... my past. I hugged my knees into my chest and curled up into a ball trying to stop the flood of memories, but I just couldn't shake them off of my mind. I heard a knock at the door.

"Song Hee? Are you... okay?" I heard Key's voice call.

I slowly opened the door. "I'm fine, just thinking..." I replied.

"Well, we have to get you ready for college, you know buy some supplies you'll need, and possibly some clothes, considering you're still wearing mine," he laughed and picked up the sleeve of his blazer I was currently wearing.

I laughed with him. "Woah, slow down. We don't even know if I'm getting into college or not, ok?"

"Most likely you will. You're in the top 10 of your school. Plus, Taemin got in and I don't even know what goes through his mind," he chuckled.

"YAH!" we laughed as we heard Taemin shout from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I guess some decent clothes would do," I looked at my outfit. Key glared at me. "Not that your style is bad or anything," I added. He smiled.

"Ok, so what's your style?" he asaked while walking out the door. I looked up at him with a confused look.

"I mean, what do you like to wear?"

"Um, I don't know, simple clothes? Just like jeans and a tshirt-"

"Gotcha, let's go!" he exclaimed. 

We spent pretty much the whole day shopping. It was usually just the same thing, though. Key would find a bunch of outfits that were my style and push me into the changing room without any input from me. In the end, we bought all of the outfits he picked out.

*That night*

"You ready?" Minho asked me.

"I-I guess," I replied, packing the rest of the clothes Key and I had bought just a few hours ago.

He walked over to me. "Don't worry, you'll be ok, there's nothing to worry about."

"I know, it's just that I've always wanted to go to college in like a meaningful way, you know? Like, I want to graduate high school and get my diploma and attend my senior prom and all of that, not shop for your supplies a few hours before you leave."

"I get it, you want to live out your high school years," he nodded.

"Yeah, I mean, these things only come once in a lifetime," I said.

"Well, sorry to disappoint you, but unless you want to go back, you can't, and you're just going to have to except that. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, it's just that-"

"No, I get it," I didn't let him finish.

"I don't understand, why is going back a bad thing?" he asked after a while.

"Long story short, I guess it's kind of a pride and shame sort of thing. I couldn't help my parents live out their dreams because of my own selfish needs. Or at least that's how I see it. Plus if I go back, they might make me marry that dumb dino again."

"Ah, I see," he said. We heard a honk outside.

"I guess that's our signal to go then," I looked at Minho who looked back at me.

"You go on ahead," I said. Minho shrugged then nodded before heading out.

As I finished zipping my suitcase, the song "Time Machine" by Girl's Generation kept on replaying in my head over and over again.

Right now, if I could ride a time machine and meet you, I wouldn't wish for anything else.....

I walked up to the door and opened it.

"Goodbye high school years," I whispered, and walked out.

Gimme a time machine......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah... So I like SNSD, what of it? The reason why I put the whole time machine thing is because I had this song stuck in my head all day, and it would always come back when it left.... I also happened to be writing this chapter, so the mood kind of fit, I guess..... Sorry if this chapter was short, if I added more, it would totally ruin the whole mood and I didn't know where I was going from that point, so...... COMMENT! SUBSCRIBE! TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

 

-dino-nerd525