Haven't Changed

Not Your Average Fairytale

No One's P.O.V.

The two, now engaged couple walked down the street hand in hand. It has been 2 days since they had bid Hyun Ae their farewells and since the proposal. They both stopped at the same time when they reached Seoul University.

"Ok, yeobo, I'll see you tomorrow," Song Hee said, pecking her boyfriend's cheek, watching him walk backwards in the direction of his house.

"I love it when you call me yeobo. But not as much as I love you, too. Don't you forget that and I'll meet you at the soccer field tomorrow at noon for that picnic I told you about!" Jonghyun called, cupping his hands around his mouth to make his voice louder.

***

"WELCOME BACK PAR-TAY!!!" Ae Cha yelled, pulling Song Hee into the music-filled dorm with snacks and sodas lined up neatly against the walls.

"So the plan was a success?" Krystal crossed her fingers.

Song Hee laughed, "Ne, and a little bit something more..."

Everyone stopped what they were doing and faced towards the brunette with curious eyes.

"Bwoh? What is it?" Key asked.

Song Hee tapped a finger to her lips and just raised her hand up.

"Is that an ENGAGEMENT RING?" Krystal exaimined the small diamond ring, still attatched to Song Hee's ring finger.

"Yup," Song Hee nodded cheerfully.

"So you and Jonghyun....." Taemin started.

"Are getting married!" Song Hee finished for him.

"HALLELUJAH!" they all screamed and gave Song Hee multiple hugs.

"It's about time. To tell you the truth, Jonghyun's been telling me that he was going to for the past 2 weeks and he never did," Minho explained.

"What a chicken," Onew nodded in disapproval. "Speaking of chicken, I could really use some right now."

"Uh, hey! What's everyone cheering about?" a small voice came from the bathroom.

"Who's that?" Song Hee asked.

"Did we mention Hyoyeon was over for a video game battle?" Taemin shrugged right as Hyoyeon herself walked out of the large cold bathroom, air drying her hands.

"Hyo!" Song Hee enveloped Hyoyeon into a hug and showed her her diamond ring.

"So he finally did it, huh?" Hyoyeon crossed her arms and snickered. "I was thinking he'd never do it."

"So you knew, too?" Song Hee questioned.

"We kinda all knew about it," Krystal answered for her.

"What? When?" Song Hee raised her eyebrow.

"You know that day when you got sick from playing in the fountain with Jonghyun?" Taemin reminded.

"Yeah...."

"That's when."

"Oh."

***

Ae Cha's P.O.V.

I was out for my mid-day jog, like how I do everyday. I passed the soccer field and saw Jonghyun setting up a romantic picnic. I smiled and jogged over to him.

"I heard the news. What took you so long?" I asked, startling him a bit.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Just waiting for the right time, I guess," he responded.

"Well congrats. But one more thing."

"Yeah?"

"Do. Not. Hurt. Her. Remember. I know where you live..." I trailed my voice off leaving mystery, slowly backing away from him and continuing my jog. There was someone in front of me also jogging, but he looked familiar. Then it hit me.

"Oh! Key! Wait up!" I jogged a bit faster, catching up to him. I saw him look back and take his earbud out of his ear. He ignored me and kept running. I don't know what his problem is, it's like every time he's near me he's all depressed.

"Yah Key!" I sprinted up to him and stopped him.

"What?" he panted, taking a sip of his water.

"What's your problem with me?" I bluntly asked.

"Excuse me?" he took another sip.

"You always act so different when you're around me, it's like you don't like me or something."

...Silence...

"D-Do you not like me?" I repeated in question form.

He sighed. "Come with me." He began jogging again, faster this time so I couldn't keep up.

"If you want me to come with you, slow down a bit," I called after him, beginning to jog as well.

We ran for a few minutes until he stopped, signalling we've reached our destination. We were standing in front of an old, broken down playground with rusted equipment and dead grass around it. He turned to look at me.

"So?"

"So?" I echoed. "What are we doing here?"

"You don't recognize this place?" he asked me. I gasped at the sudden memory that hit me.

*Flashback* (In no one's pov)

"Ae Cha! Hurry!" a 9-year-old Kibum shouted for his friend.

"I'm tired! You already made me run for 10 minutes straight and if you haven't realized, I'm not the fastest runner," the 8-year-old Ae Cha called back.

"But I wanna show you something!" Kibum rushed back over to Ae Cha and grapped her puny hand, gliding her against the grass. He put his hands over her eyes and led her to an open area. He put his hands down. "Ta da~!"

Ae Cha's eyes widened, for before her was a brand new playground, with swings, slides, monkey bars, everything. Of course, Ae Cha ran towards it right away, considering playgrounds were Ae Cha's most favorite thing in the world.

"Kibum! Come play with me!" she shrieked as they played there all day.

*End of Flashback* (Ae Cha's POV)

That new, sparkly playground I was standing before 10 years ago was now all rusted and used up.

"K-Kibum....." I muttered.

"It's Key now," Key said.

"That was you all this time and you didn't tell me?" I asked.

He rubbed the back of his head nervously. "Well I didn't know how to act in front of you is all, and I'm not the only one that has explaining to do, little miss popularity," he stuck his tongue out playfullly.

"Oh. That. I'm really sorry, it's just that when I talked to the squad, they said they would kick me off the team if I said yes and I Ireally liked being a cheerleader, but I really wanted to say yes, and.... I'm sorry, I'd understand if you never wanted to talk to me again." (A/N: Chapter 24)

Key laughed.

"Y-Yah, w-what's so funny?" I stuttered.

"You're still the same as how I remembered you to be," he said.

"So, friends?" I looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"Friends," he repeated as we did our secret handshake that we would do 10 years ago.

======================================

HEYO! Awwwww, short update, but I'll probably update either tomorrow or Sunday, depending on my time. Sorry, i havent been updating, but this week has been SOOOO busy for me..... But now it's the weekend and all stress is outta the way! Sorry, no Jong Hee for this chapter, but there wasa Key Cha! I just wanted to get back to that story since I left off with their unstable relationship, so you'll find Jong Hee in the next chapter, I'm planning for them to be ALL in the next chapter, so yay! Here's a joke I got from one of my teachers:

Me: What did the fish say when he ran into the wall?
You: *sigh* not this again.... Ok, I'll play along. What?
Me: DAM!!!

You get it? Like, dam as in the wall and damn as in cursing? HAHAHAHAHAH LOLOL~ don't forget to comment and subscribe! :)))))

-dino-nerd525