8

Miss. Trouble

 

"I'm bored.” Leerang rolled her eyes, the taller male had exclaimed that same sentence for five minutes already, “then go home.” she’d never forced him to stay, so he could leave whenever he wanted to. In fact, it was probably the best as the girl was going to head home soon enough. Leerang would only pass by the supermarket before doing so. “But there’s nothing fun at home.” Chanyeol reached out and latched onto the younger girl’s wrist, an ordeal that mer her tense as she came to a stop. “Your friends then?” no, he wished to do something else, especially since the boy spent his whole days together with the other five. It could be a slightly tiring sometimes.

“They’re going out clubbing tonight. Not really my thing actually.” really, that was a first. Leerang would’ve thought that the older male loved such things. Not that she knew anything about him, but after have seen his friends she’d believed that he was exactly the same. “So?” in a discrete way did she try and pull her hand away. Much to the girl’s dismay though, had Chanyeol no thought of letting go, as his playful mind was set on something completely else.

“Shouldn't you repay me for that I saved you back there.” his goofy grin was plastered upon his lips when Leerang glanced at him. She didn’t know him, yet, the girl understood were he was going with the conversation. It wasn’t too hard to figure out. “Thank you.” in a swift motion did Leerang managed to pull away from his grip, and that before she spun around. To be alone was the only thing the girl wanted. There’d been too many incidents and she needed to think about everything that was to come. “Don’t be such a killjoy.” Chanyeol went to the north only because of her, he’d wanted to know whether she was truly alright or not. It was obvious that something troubled her.

Leerang turned around to face him once again, “I’m not.” she frowned, not pleased by the boy’s accusation. He had no reason to judge her, not at all. “Please, just hang out with me. It’s one day, one freaking day.” Leerang’s eyes widened upon seeing him beg and pout. Was he really older than her? “Stop, it’s embarrassing.” people had already begun to stare and receiving attention was an unfamiliar and bothering feeling. The boy however, seemed quite used to it. “Not until you agree.” Chanyeol continued with his act and she was literally forced to accept, “fine, okay.” ugh, didn’t he know that he was blackmailing her? In fact, Leerang could, if she so wanted, go to the police. But that was probably going a bit too far.

Clearing his throat Chanyeol composed himself, as if nothing had happened, “let’s go then.” without a second thought did he grab onto her hand again. It was as if skinship was a must when it came to him. “Nah, I decide.” for all Leerang knew he could take her someplace she disliked. Really, the girl had no idea who he was as a person. They’d barely known each other for a day and there was no chance in the world that she was going to follow him. Plus, what could she possibly do, him? Don’t really think so.

“I’ll buy you food.” the snack stands in that area was known for its delicious ddeokbokki and it’d been a long time since she ate some of the spicy snack. “Like a date then.” Leerang felt her heart skip a beat at the mention of it being a date. She’d never been on one before. Anyhow, it was definitely not a date. “No. It’s only a thank gift you.” Chanyeol pouted in a way that made her feel bad. To let people down, or to hurt them was a weakness of hers. The constant need of pleasing others were already becoming a problem to Leerang.

“Fine, but no touching.” in haste did she withdraw her hand from his. Skinship was not necessary. “But how am I going to make sure that you don’t get lost?” the girl cracked a smile, amused by the tactics he was using. “I can find my way around here.” there was absolutely no need to worry about that. If anything, she was supposed to be the one troubled. “Well, I’m not taking any risks.” Chanyeol ignored the younger girl completely, as he pulled her along. His hand was tightly gripping onto hers the whole time. All of her sentences were met with deaf ears. What Leerang couldn’t see though, was that he were smiling brightly. The boy was satisfied that he’d managed to persuade the girl into spending time with him. Even his friends could get a bit too much sometimes, especially when they were all about partying and getting laid. In difference to the other five was Chanyeol not the slightest interested in those two things. It was always a game of who could get the most girls’ in one night. Really, the boy couldn’t care less when it came to one night stands. If Chanyeol wanted a girl then he would try and win her heart sincerely, and whilst being sober.

Maybe that had something to do with the fact that he, somewhat, understood the pain that Kris had gone through. What Lay had done hadn’t exactly been nice. Not that the girl in question had been any better. But still, if his leader could’ve just ignored the whole revenge thing then that incident wouldn’t have taken place. Though, it had and the relation between the north and east was even more strained now. It was unfortunate that it’d gone that far.

“Stop, we’re here.” the boy did as told and they came to a stop just next to the stand. Leerang breathed in, making sure to savour all that mouth watering aroma. Ddeokbokki was really a feast, both for the eyes, nose and tongue. It was a simple snack, one that fit to everything. “Ahjumma, two servings please.” Chanyeol couldn’t help but to grin, especially when seeing the younger girl smile. The glum face she’d sported at the ice cream parlor the previous day was nowhere in sight.

“Is that contagious?” the boy tilted his head to the side, a bit confused to what she was referring to. Chanyeol wasn’t sick, not that he’d noticed, “what?” Leerang blinked, not really certain whether he was just playing dumb or whether he was sincere. “That whole face dance you’re doing when smiling.” Chanyeol laughed, unconsciously doing the whole ‘face dance’ that she so nicely described it as.

“I don’t think so. Why, do you like it?” Leerang’s cheeks flushed a light shade of pink, as he stuck his tongue out. “I -eh.” she was too embarrassed to answer, and the girl was more than happy when the ahjumma interrupted, “here you go.” god that was close. She would honestly not have been able to give him a reply. Really, he was cute and all, but the boy was not quite her type.

“Did I embarrass you that much?” nearly five minutes had passed by without the girl saying a single word. She’d instead focused on eating. Chanyeol however, took it as yes when she blushed even harder. “It’s better than seeing you upset though.” that if anything only caused Leerang to become even more flustered, “eat.” the girl avoided his gaze all the whilst she stuffed full. By doing so did she unconsciously provoke him into continuing, “you got some sauce there.” Chanyeol’s hand reached out and her eyes widened when his finger got closer and closer to her face. It was an ordeal that caused the girl to lean back, and she would’ve fallen off the chair if it hadn’t been for that Chanyeol managed to grasp onto her hand, “I’ll stop now.” Leerang nodded, as adrenaline pumped throughout. She’d almost ended up on the ground because of him. “No skinship.” instinctively did she pull back. The uncomfortable feeling when someone touched her faded away, as Leerang began to eat again.

“How come you’re mingling with Kris’ gang?” the girl choked on the snack upon hearing his question, “what?” her voice was weak whilst she desperately coughed for air. The change in subject hadn’t exactly helped and Chanyeol rolled his eyes in a playful manner, “Kris, the tall giant who always looks so miserable.” oh him, the rude jerk. She knew who he was, “what’s with him?” in a miraculous way had the girl gotten a hold of her cup with water, one that she gulped down in one go. “You. Don’t. Know?” he paused in between the words. It seemed impossible that she didn’t know who he was, especially since it’d looked like the group of boys and Leerang had met before.

She hesitated for a second. The way the older male stared at her made the girl slightly uneasy, as if there was something he wasn’t telling her. “Why, are they dangerous?” Leerang shivered at the thought of getting beat down or possibly worse. However, they, Kris and his group of friends hadn’t given her that kind of vibe though. But what did she know. It was highly unlikely that they had a stamp on their foreheads saying so. “I don’t know about dangerous. I’m just saying they aren’t like everyone else.”