3

Miss. Trouble

 

“Leerang, could you please go buy me some coffee.” she stirred in her sleep, obviously tired. There had been so many thoughts on her mind that she hadn’t managed to fall asleep until the clock had hit past midnight. “Leerang?” another hard knock on the wooden door sounded and the girl groaned aloud, “can’t you buy it?” her question was met with the answer that he didn’t have any money, an ordeal that caused Leerang to sigh, “fine, I’ll go.” she agreed instead of telling him to stop buying alcohol, as that would only result in another heated argument. Her dad’s habits were something they’d spoken about before, and all of them had resulted the same way. Really, it was no idea anymore.

“No milk or sugar.” half dead she slipped out of bed and got ready. That hair of hers looked like a bird's nest, however, she was too tired to do anything about it. Instead Leerang just brushed her teeth and headed out the door. The sunny weather welcomed her and she couldn’t help but to let a small smile grow on her lips, “good morning.” Leerang greeted herself in a foolish manner. Her father would never say such nonsense as good morning, for him, there was no such thing as a ‘good’ morning. Her mother though, was barely even home to greet the girl. Therefore had she begun to greet herself, as it was a way for Leerang to brighten her mood.

Halfway down the hill she remembered that she had no idea where the closest café were located, “ah, how could I be so stupid.” contemplating whether to head back home the girl sighed, it was actually the first time her father had asked for coffee. In fact, she’d never really seen him drink that stuff before. Well, it was a first time for everything. Being her carefree self Leerang walked up to the first person she met, “excuse me, but do you know where the closest café is?” shyness wasn’t something the girl displayed often, only when around boys. But there was a reason for that. One she didn’t want to think about, as it brought out too many painful memories. “Just go down the hill and pass the bus stop, then to your right there’s a small bakery.” Leerang bowed, relieved that she wouldn’t need to run home and ask for the direction.

The bakery, just like the elderly woman had stated, was indeed located just past the bus stop. However, she got utterly confused after seeing girls’ pressing their faces up against the window to the said bakery. Picking up her phase Leerang went to join the crowd, “did something happen?” in a curious manner she moved about to get a glimpse of what was going on. “Yeah, oppa looks even more handsome today.” she could almost see the heart signs in the other girl’s eyes. Though, Leerang hadn’t, do to the overwhelming crowd, managed to spot the boy who everyone of them seemed to be so desperately in love with.

“Why don’t you just talk to him?” it was as if hell had frozen over because it became dead silent, “He already got a girlfriend, okay.” sheesh, how could she possibly know about that? “Then why are you all drooling over him?” clueless as she was Leerang just had to make it worse. “YAH!” taken aback by the sudden outburst the girl decided that it was enough. She hadn’t come there to get shouted at. If that’d been the case then she could’ve just stayed home at her mother’s.

“Bye.” in haste did she slip inside the small bakery, it’s mixed aroma of sweet bread, cakes and coffee filled her nostrils and Leerang sighed in content. The place was definitely one she could find herself love, especially after having laid her eyes upon the boy behind the counter. His appearance was like taken out of a fairytale.

“Are you going to order anything?” Leerang felt a bit taken aback by his rudeness, “one coffee.” oh god, what if he thought she belonged to the creepy crowd outside. “Erh, make it two. One of them completely without sugar and milk.” some caffeine would help against the tiredness of not getting enough sleep. The male gave her a blank stare all the whilst she tried to get a hold of her credit card. The piece of plastic was one she’d put down in her pocket, or so she thought. “If you don’t have money then leave.” Leerang came to halt, shocked by his choice of words, “I do have mon - oh, there it is.” her surprised face changed into a happy one when she got a hold of the small card. “See.” the boy looked indifferent, as she handed it over to him.

“Kris honey, don’t act like that in front of the customers.” an older woman had appeared from behind the curtain when the male prepared the coffee, one that Leerang believed to separate the bakery with the café. “I’m really sorry for my son’s behaviour.” the woman bowed. Oh, so they were mother and son. How cute. “No need.” really, who wouldn’t act like that when there was a hoard of girls staring at you whilst working. “I’ll give you discount next time.” Leerang felt incredibly flustered, especially since the boy had turned around and was now staring straight at her, his expression showing annoyance. “Please, there’s really no need, but thank you anyhow.” she couldn’t, as she stood there, help but to wonder whether he always looked so angry and bothered. Not that it was any of her concern.

With the coffees in her hand she gave the boy one last glance. His outstanding features made Leerang wonder whether heaven was missing one of their angels. Oh god, she was staring again. “Sorry, eh, bye.” she was embarrassing herself, something that’d become quite the habit recently. “Goodbye and please come again.” it was the woman. In fact, the boy didn’t even bid goodbye as she left the café.

“Ah, oppa is so handsome.” “It should be a crime to be so dazzling.” those sentences, along with some other greeted the said girl when she stepped out on the street. “Was oppa even more handsome up close?” a girl literally pulled at the sleeve of her jacket to get Leerang’s attention. “W -what?” the question sounded so absurd that she didn’t know what to say. “Aren’t you going to answer?” another girl butted in all of a sudden, an ordeal that made her even more confused. “Well, I guess he was.” Leerang had paid more attention to his rudeness though, but to tell the hoard of girls’ that was probably like asking for a death sentence.

“Really.” a few oh’s and ah’s were uttered. However, the mental image of the boy’s annoyed face was still there, lingering like a picture she couldn’t forget. “He looked kind of anxious though, being stared at like that.” Leerang spoke without considering that they could get upset. “You’re lying, he would tell us if he felt bothered.” a few other girls’ nodded their heads, “you just want him yourself.” what kind of nonsense was that. Didn’t he already have a girlfriend?

“Maybe you should stop with the stalking and creepi -.” she slapped a hand over when it dawned on her, what she was saying. It wasn’t supposed to sound so harsh. Aish, such a big mouth you got Leerang. “YAH!” she watched as another girl stalked up to her, the enraged expression on the taller one’s face was enough for Leerang to understand that she’d gone too far. “I’m just saying that you should cut him some slack. He’s human, too.” instead of an oral response did the other girl raise her hand, an action that made Leerang’s eyes widen. How awesome. She was going to be slapped because she showed concern for another person.

But the blow never came, as another hand reached out and grabbed onto the girl’s, “Miyeon, haven’t we already told you to not bother Kris.” Leerang gaped at the boy, or more like, boys and she instantly remembered them from the day before. “Leave.” the other girl hurried away once the boy let go of her hand, and soon enough was the street emptied.

However, a hand shot out and latched onto hers the moment she decided to head home, “not so fast.” the tallest of them stared down at her, his intense gaze burned into Leerang’s and she found herself flinch when he grasped even harder onto her hand, “hmm, how come you haven’t left yet, wait, are you trying to hit on Kris as well. Aren’t the gangnam boys good enough?” she frowned upon hearing them laugh, “who would want him?” Leerang hadn’t even noticed that the said boy, whom they were referring to, had stepped out and heard everything. Kris though, couldn’t care less of what the girl thought of him. He was not the slightest interested.

“Hyung!” several voices exclaimed and the girl sort of panicked. She was really done for it now. “What are you guys doing here?” that dark, alluring voice caused goosebumps to form on her skin. “This girl thought she could get Miyeon and her crew to leave, something that almost resulted in a bruise if it hadn’t been for Luhan.” The girl spun around to greet the obviously taller male, his height towering over her, “I didn’t mean to pry bu -.” Leerang was abruptly cut off by the boy before her, “I’ll text you guys when I end my shift.” frowning she stomped her feet, being ignored was something Leerang disliked. Though, Kris only gave her a quick glance before he let his gaze move back to his friends. She’d actually bothered to talk to that Miyeon girl just for him, and all she got in return was barely an acknowledgment. Such a rude person.

“Oh, the coffee.” Leerang’s eyes widened and she glanced down when remembering the now cooling beverage. She really had to leave before they became too cold, as that would only be disgusting to drink. Wasting no time the girl her heel and that was about as far as she managed to come before another hand grabbed her arm, “don’t think you can leave just yet. You haven’t said thanks to my friend over there.” one thing she’d learned the past week was that all boys were loud, bad-mannered and not to mention, prideful.

“Thank you.” the sentence was close to inaudible, in other terms, it was only Leerang who heard it. “Again.” were they having fun now, torturing her like that. “Thank you.” she said it through gritted teeth, a bit louder that time around. “Again.” really, “THANK YOU.” she exaggerated it with her hands, totally forgetting about the two cups with warm coffee that flew up in the air. “I’m going to die.” the black liquid rained over them, and Leerang decided that it was time to run after having seen their clothes.