13

Miss. Trouble

 

Memories from the previous day came back as she laid in bed, staring at the sunflower Lay had given her. The yellow flower reminded Leerang too much about what’d taken place. She couldn’t believe how Kai and Sehun could’ve done such a thing. A shiver of disgust ran down her spine upon the thought of what could have happened if Chanyeol hadn’t interrupted. The girl didn’t want to lose her ity to someone who wasn’t even interested in her. Speaking of which, Leerang hadn’t told her mother about what’d happened, as the chance of not being believed terrified the said girl even more.

There’d been a party a few years back, one of the first she’d attended, when a boy tried to force himself on her. She’d been lucky that time, as Leerang had managed to kneel him where it hurts the most. Her mother though, hadn’t done anything when she’d explained what’d occurred. He was probably interested in you but didn’t know how to take contact, she’d said. Leerang however, knew better than to believe that. If you wanted to make yourself known you do so through speech, not through running your hands all over the other person’s body. It was also because of that boy which she came to dislike skinship.

“Leerang could you come out, I need to talk to you.” her pulse increased slightly, especially since she was expecting the older woman to start yelling at her for leaving the party early. “Leerang did you hear me?” there was a loud knock and the girl rolled around in the bed so that she faced the door, “I heard.” it was with a racing heart which she slipped out of bed, “I wonder what she wants now.” in the back of her mind though, did several thoughts swirl.

The possibility of her being in trouble was dangerously high. Taking a deep breath Leerang stepped out into the hallway where her mother stood, the older woman parted her lips to speak almost instantly, “I don’t know what happened yesterday but I’m going to let it slip this time.” her mother must’ve been possessed by some higher power, because there was no chance that she would’ve let it pass otherwise. “Anyhow, that’s not what I wanted to talk about.” the girl blinked, a tad confused and curious to what else it could be. “I’m going out of town for a few days, mother in law wants to meet up.” so that meant she would have the whole house all to herself. This was truly getting better and better, “okay.”

Barely half an hour later did her mother’s car drive through the gates, and Leerang pumped her fist in victory, “finally.” some alone time at last. The girl would make good use of the short amount of time by ordering take out and watching some good movies. Not even homework was going to distract her from having some fun. Don’t ruin the house while I’m gone, was the last thing the woman said before heading out the door. Well, such a thing was practically impossible since she had no thoughts of inviting anyone. What the girl didn’t know though, was that her mother had something else up her sleeve.

Leerang, totally unaware of what was to come, made her way over to the phone to place her order. She’d already decided upon pizza, as it was one of her favorite food. Unfortunately though, was it unhealthy and therefore totally banished by her mother. In fact, Leerang wouldn’t even be allowed to bring pizza home if her mother was around. To eat healthy was something very important for the older woman, the funny thing though, was that she had no problem downing several glasses of wine and drinks.

The girl moved over to the couch whilst waiting for the delivery, one that was abnormally fast since the doorbell rang only ten minutes after she’d ended the call. Shrugging her shoulders Leerang headed over to the door, “at least they’re fast.” but it wasn’t the sight of delivery boy that greeted her, no, instead it was a smiling Chanyeol standing there, on the doorstep. Leerang gaped at him, as she hadn’t asked him to come, “w -what are you doing here?” a low laughter escaped the boy’s lips, “Your mother told me to look out for you, so here I am.” he spread his arms out wide, only to a second later let them drop to his sides, “you didn’t know?” of course, it was just typical. Leerang should’ve understood that her mother would do something like that.

“No,” the girl had a slight idea of what the woman wanted, but it wasn’t going to work, “so please leave.” Leerang froze and her pulse increased when the boy grabbed onto her wrist, the all too familiar feeling of skin contact caused the girl to withdraw in haste. “Sorry, I forgot.” Chanyeol gave her an apologetic look. It was obvious she was distressed, he could see it in her eyes and by the way she shrunk away when he got too close. “I’m not going to hurt you.” he could never do such a thing, especially not towards someone he liked. “I -I know.” Leerang believed him, he’d helped her out several times and that without asking for anything in return. Taking a step to the side she glanced down on the floor, “just today.”

The girl had to remind herself that she'd let him enter for the sole purpose of being nice when he, all of a sudden, asked, “do you have any food, I forgot to eat before I left.” Leerang raised an eyebrow in question, who forgets to eat? “There’s probably something left in the fridge.” she wandered off towards the said room in search for anything eatable to give the older male. It wouldn’t strike as odd though, if water was the only thing available. It was unusual actually, for her mother to buy food. That was a task Leerang, all too often, had to take care of.

Just like expected, water was the only thing in the fridge, “there’s no f -.” she was once again interrupted by the doorbell, however, that time it had to be the delivery boy. Leerang glanced over at the boy, pondering whether he liked pizza or not. “Aren’t you going to open?” she cleared , “r -right.” as if on cue did her stomach rumble, an ordeal that caused Chanyeol to chuckle and Leerang to blush, “seems like I’m not the only one hungry.” she avoided his gaze whilst excusing herself, “you could go to the living room.” he found it amusing actually, to watch the young girl. Never had he encountered such a person before. It was as if the mere presence of a boy made her blush. But it worried him as well, especially since Lay seemed to have taken an interest in her, too.

Chanyeol’s eyes rounded when he spotted the box, “pizza.” unconsciously did his hands reach out to grab the square shaped box, but Leerang was faster and pulled it away, “mine.” the boy began to pout immediately, “that’s not fair, I’m your ahjussi. Elder’s get to eat first.” she in her bottom lip whilst staring down on the box, he got a point there, “then, share?” Leerang raised her chin just as she caught him nodding his head, “let’s do that.”

Leerang had barely managed to get the box open before the older male attacked it. The surprising action made her wonder whether someone was starving him. “My mom never taught me manners.” her eyes rounded in shock, he couldn’t possibly be serious about that. “I’m just joking.” he spoke whilst chewing away on the slice of pizza he retrieved for himself. However, the girl had her doubts as she watched him stuff his face full. Sauce smeared out on his cheeks and Chanyeol blinked up at Leerang when she laughed aloud. He looked like a fool with half eaten pizza hanging between his lips and then that innocent face. “Sorry.” she scurried away, her heartbeats increasing as she thought about what she’d done. “Leerang how could you be so stupid to laugh at him, what if he hates you now.” afraid to face him the girl disappeared into the kitchen, tears blurring her vision as she leaned against the wall. Leerang simply waited for the front door to slam shut.

Fragile, that’s how Leerang felt that moment.

But it never came and she stood there, looking like a total fool when Chanyeol stepped inside, “why are you crying, did something happen?” the boy wanted to comfort her, to pull her into his embrace. But he couldn’t, not when he knew that she disliked it. More tears slipped down her cheek, “I’m sorry,” Chanyeol tilted his head to the side, seemingly confused to what she wanted to apologize for, “I laughed at you.” wow, the level of her innocence made him even more worried. There was no wonder why Kai and Sehun had chosen the girl as their victim, and why Lay had suddenly taken a great interest in her. In other terms, Leerang was too innocent for her own good.