21

Miss. Trouble

 


Leerang had, despite her tries of escaping, not succeeded in doing so. “Stay here now. Seoyoung even told you to do so, which mean that she probably has something planned out already.” whatever it was the girl wasn’t looking forward to know. “I’ll see you at home later, bye.” Leerang watched, flabbergasted as the old woman left her there. Being around Chanyeol would be vital, as he was the only one she could trust. “I hope you’re ready to play.” Leerang spun around, coming face to face with Seoyoung she frowned. The girl had a slight feel that the games wouldn’t be so friendly.

She counted that there was about fifteen teenagers after all the adults had left, and more than half of them were unknown. Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun were the ones she did know. The whom Kai had been playing around with was also there though. “Okay, let’s play ‘I have never’.” Leerang had never heard of such a game before. But then again, she’d not played that many games either. “Let’s set some rules first. Like, what the loser have to do.” Seoyoung glanced her way, even a fool could’ve understood what the other girl meant by doing so. “Make the loser down a whole glass of soju.” someone suggested and she could literally feel her heart sink when Seoyoung agreed upon it. Wasn’t her parents supposed to be there, looking out for them and making sure they didn’t drank?

“Everyone settle down whilst I get the soju.” she glanced at Chanyeol, the boy seemed somewhat unfazed by the game. “How do you play?” Leerang listened as he began to explain that one were supposed to say something they’ve never done. “But what if you have?” the male cracked a smile, “then you drop one of your fingers.” she must’ve looked confused because he continued, “you’ll get it.” hm, it didn’t sound so bad. Seoyoung soon returned with a tall glass filled with liquid, “let’s do it differently this time. Let’s make the one with fingers left the loser instead of the winner. And no cheating or pulling out.” the girl was so going to make Leerang drink.

It was with a mix of anticipation and fear which she placed herself down next to Chanyeol, something that wasn’t appreciated by Seoyoung who shot her a glare. “Kai, why don’t you start.” unconsciously did her eyes land upon the boy who was seated a few metres away, “I’ve never had in a dressing room.” their gazes locked and she felt incredibly uncomfortable when he gave her a wink. The distraction came though, when someone blurted out, “Jieun I can’t believe you’ve done that.” there was a hoard of laughter before the next person spoke, “I’ve never been drunk.” Leerang watched as everyone but herself and the said girl dropped a finger.

“I’ve never had before.” the outcome was just like the previous question and Leerang still had all of her ten fingers whilst some were already down to seven and eight. Seoyoung couldn’t help but to smile, no one messes with her and gets away with it. “Leerang your turn.” several pairs of eyes darted her way all the whilst she tried to come up with something. “Just say what you’re comfortable with.” Chanyeol whispered. “I -I’ve never kissed.” it was the most daring thing she could think of, especially considering what they’ve revealed. “Why don’t we take care of that then. So, who wants to be Leerang’s first kiss?” the girl opposite of her joked but Chanyeol was fast to declare that such a matter weren’t supposed to be taken lightly, “she should do it when she’s ready.” Leerang though, wished she hadn’t mentioned anything when both Kai and Sehun glanced her way. “Anyhow, Chanyeol oppa it’s your turn.”

“I’ve never gotten detention.” for the first time since they begun could she drop a finger. She’d only received detention once however, and that was during her first year in high school when she got blamed for something Seoyoung had done. “Leerang I didn’t know you were such a person.” her gaze shifted over to her classmate, there was a slight uncertainty as she couldn’t understand what Seoyoung wanted by saying that.

The doorbell interrupted as she tried to figure out what was truly going on. “Are you okay?” Leerang shifted her gaze towards the boy on her right, “I think. I didn’t know it would be like this though.” the game was definitely not for her, especially since she didn’t exactly have any big things to expose. In difference to the other teenagers had she never had , nor had she received her first kiss or drunk alcohol. In other means, she had nothing exciting to reveal.

“Hyung.” Chanyeol hadn’t expected for Lay to show up, as the latter had said something about having to travel out of the city. “I see you’ve started the fun without me.” Leerang reacted immediately upon hearing that sweet voice, and she raised her head to gaze at him. It would be a lie if the boy said he wasn’t surprised to see the younger girl there. She’d never struck him as someone who enjoyed stuff like that. Without as much as a word did he strode over to where she was sitting, thus earning everyone’s attention, “move.” the girl on her left wouldn’t need to be told twice and it was with a racing pulse and pink cheeks which Leerang watched how Lay placed himself down on the spot the other girl had been sitting. “Annyeong.” her heart sighed in happiness when he smiled. She couldn’t believe how someone could be so perfect.

Seoyoung wasn’t the slightest happy, she had no idea what Chanyeol and Lay saw in the other girl. A damn nuisance, that’s what Leerang was. Always getting in the way and receiving attention. It was such a bother and it made Seoyoung frustrated, as she was the one who were supposed to be with Chanyeol. “Just wait and I’ll rip everything away for you.”

“Let’s start again. Oppa you’ll have to begin with ten fingers since you’re late, and we’ve made it different this time. The loser is the one who has fingers left in the end.” Lay shrugged his shoulders, it didn’t really matter if he ended up losing. “Great, Jieun it’s your turn.” the game continued on and it was with an uneasy feeling which Leerang began to realize that she were probably the one who were going to lose. The girl had a hard time, something Seoyoung took great pleasure in. “Have you not done anything in your life?” the question came after that she’d, once again, been the only one to not drop a finger. Leerang stared down on the floor, she’d done a lot, but none of the stuff they were asking for.

“Why aren’t you answering?” Seoyoung urged her on, she would do about anything to make the other girl flustered and embarrassed. Everything that made Leerang miserable brought joy to Seoyoung. “I’m sorry, but why are you always picking on Leerang. It’s not really nice.” Chanyeol had enough, especially after seeing how uncomfortable the younger girl was. “Oppa I’m just trying to make the game interesting.” his lips drew into a thin line, it was suddenly becoming more and more obvious that the other girl had something against Leerang. “Well, you’re destroying it by acting like that.” Lay, Sehun and Kai were all looking at their friend, all three of them were surprised to see Chanyeol standing up for someone, nonetheless a girl.

“Let’s put that aside now and continue.” Lay wanted the whole game to end so that he could spend some alone time with Leerang. His friend’s little outburst had given him vital information that he could simply not ignore. Lay was all of a sudden not the only one trying to capture the younger girl’s heart, Chanyeol was, too. Never could he have guessed that he would have competition within his own group of friends. “Lay, why don’t you continue then.” Seoyoung offered and the boy gave Leerang a quick glance before speaking, “I’ve never been in love.” Chanyeol’s heart sank upon seeing how the girl on his left turned to look at Lay, he understood more than well what kind of tactics his friend was using. Leerang could barely believe that he’d never been in love. However, it turned out that everyone but those four dropped a finger.

The game continued on like that, with statements weirder than the other. Some of the things being revealed was stuff she couldn’t even imagine doing and it didn’t take long either, for people to drop all their fingers. She was soon one of the few left. Both Chanyeol and Lay had managed to escape the dreaded punishment that the loser would receive. The glass of soju standing in the middle didn’t exactly look inviting. In difference though, did she still have eight fingers left whilst everyone else had one or two. Leerang would lose, her mind had already settled with the fact.

“And the loser is Leerang, here you go.” there was laughter and people applauding, but most importantly, the girl was handed the soju which she was supposed to drink. “You can’t chicken out now.” swallowing hard she met eyes with Seoyoung, who gave her a knowing smirk. “Oneshot, oneshot, oneshot.” someone ranted, only to be joined by several others who demanded the same thing. Leerang’s consciousness told her to just down the whole glass, what was the worst that could happen?

The soju had been awfully stronger than she’d expected and it didn’t take all too long before she began to feel weird. Her mind was cloudy and her eyes unfocused. It was a feeling unknown to Leerang. “Let’s play seven minutes in heaven.” Seoyoung was not done, there was still one thing left that would definitely cause the other girl to feel ashamed for the rest of her life. “No, not that game. It .” a boy roared so loud that Leerang clasped her hands over her ears, a headache was already beginning to make itself noticeable and the only thing she wanted was to go home. “Don’t take it so seriously, it’s just fun.” the girl glanced over at Leerang, only to frown when taking notice that both Chanyeol and Lay was by her side. “You’re truly a , aren’t you.”  

“Take a paper, the name written on it is your partner.” the boys present all picked a piece of paper, however, about neither of them were pleased about the partner they got. “Mm, who is Leerang?” four heads snapped in the direction of the boy who’d precisely spoken. All of them were more than informed of what could take place during those seven minutes of privacy. Kai and Sehun though, decided to let the opportunity slip as they watched their oldest hyung stalk over to the other male. “The paper, give it to me.” Lay wouldn’t take no for an answer and pursued the male to do as he said, “I can make life quite the hell for you.” he threatened, only to a second later be handed the piece of paper with Leerang’s name.

He was so going to make a move on the younger girl, the situation was more than perfect for what he had in mind. “Hyung, she doesn’t look too good.” Chanyeol was rather concerned, especially since Leerang was having a hard time standing straight. “What do you mean?” Lay returned to his previous place next to the girl, “look.” the older of the two noticed the all too familiar symptoms. “Yah, what kind of soju did you give her?” Seoyoung shrugged her shoulders without a single care in the world, “45% from Andong.” several cuss words slipped from his lips, the sudden outburst surprised even Kai and Sehun, who weren’t used to seeing their hyung act like that. “Call an ambulance, now.” Chanyeol was the first one to react as he picked up his phone and dialed the emergency number. Seoyoung though, couldn’t understand why they were making such a big deal out of it, “you’re acting as if she’s dying.”

Lay shot the girl a hard glare, “she’s alcohol poisoned.” something that could, if not treated immediately, lead to death.