67

Miss. Trouble

 


She’d slept bad that night, as the only thing Leerang could think about was the kiss Lay forced upon her. She had a hard time understanding how he could’ve done that since he knew more than well about her and Kris. But it also earned him a slap, one he received once she’d managed to push him away. Don’t ever do that again, was something Leerang had said before locking herself inside her bedroom. Lay kept quiet as no words could justify his actions.

The sound of her cell phone ringing woke her up in the morning and she yawned whilst reaching for the device, “mm, hello?” her eyes flew open and she sat up in haste when someone screamed right into the phone, “Leerang you need to get here fast.” how Luhan had gotten a hold of her number were obviously the least of Leerang’s concern, especially as she heard Kris’ voice in the background, and it sounded as if he was yelling at someone. “I’ll be there soon.” she hung up, and having totally forgotten about Lay for a second the girl darted out of the room and rushed down the hallway to take a quick shower and brush her teeth. And it wasn’t until Leerang almost ran into the said male that she remembered everything. “Why are you in such a rush?” she avoided his stare and settled her gaze on the wall behind him instead, “I need to go somewhere.” for Lay to follow with was probably not a good idea, and she didn’t even know how and if she were going to tell Kris about the kiss. The ordeal made her frustrated, more so since the girl knew Kris was terrified by the possibility of her leaving him for another guy.

A light poke in the side caused her eyes to flicker over and she stared right at him, “Leerang, are you listening?” she nodded, if not slightly absentmindedly. “Should I come with you?” she shook her head, “that’s not a good idea.” not if he wanted his face rearranged. “It’s because of yesterday, isn’t it?” Leerang tensed and felt incredibly bothered at the mentioning of the kiss, “could we please just forget about it.” the girl was right about to brush past him when his hand wrapped around her wrist, thus keeping her in place, “I know I’ve been selfish,” Lay felt a tug in his heart. He hated the way he’d treated Leerang, but there was nothing he could do or change because it was already too late, “and I’m sorry for that.” whether he was truly honesty or not she couldn’t know. Not after every lie he’d told her. “I really need to go.” she withdrew and hurried out of there before it escalated into something else. It wasn’t easy though, to change focus and move on as the feelings she’d once harbored for Lay was still lingering within. They weren’t strong but enough to cause uneasiness.

She tried clearing her head from all those thoughts whilst making way down the hill, which had become a bit slippery due to the snow and ice that’d formed. “Lay belong to the past.” Leerang muttered, she felt angry and frustrated at herself for the way she’d acted when the older male kissed her. It shouldn’t even have proceed that far. But it did and Leerang was now trying to deal with the consequences, such as whether she was supposed to tell Kris or not.  

All that vanished into thin air though, once she arrived at the café and saw how Kris was held back by both Tao and Luhan, who restrained the taller male from planting his fist into the unknown man standing before them. His mother stood at the side, watching with tear filled eyes as harsh words and swearing filled the air, something that left Leerang awestruck. Whatever the unfamiliar man had done it couldn’t be good, not when Kris was acting like that. “What’s going on?” she asked no one in particular, only to get the answer from Suho, “they have to move out today.” what, how could they be asked to leave already? It hadn’t even one week since the café was sold.

“GET LOST.” Kris roared, anger pulsing throughout his veins. He and his mother were yet to find another place to live at and that would created immense trouble for them, in case they were thrown out. “I’m sorry, but we’re going to start tearing this down tomorrow.” the whole ordeal was slowly getting too much to handle, even for Leerang, who’d experienced quite a lot in her life. “Let me go.” both Luhan and Tao was having a hard time restraining Kris from doing anything he would regret, “hyung stop. It’s not worth it.” the scene unfolding were one that broke Leerang’s heart, because she knew the part her mother played in this mess could’ve been prevented.

“You, aren’t you Solji's daughter?” Leerang took a wary step back when the man stared right at her, she’d never before met him and had no idea who he was, “why does it matter?” her pulse raced as she saw his lips pull into a smirk, “I guess it’s you who I have to thank for this opportunity.” Leerang couldn’t breath, it was like someone had punched her right in the stomach, and the girl began questioning what was going on. How much had her mother actually destroyed for Kris and his mother? Deep down she weren’t even certain she wanted to know.

“What the do you mean?” Kris were the first one to react and he showed absolutely no respect with his choice of words, “ANSWER.” the man laughed, an action that shocked and surprised everyone of them, even Kris, who’s rage and frustration died down and settled into silence. Leerang snapped out of her daze though, as the male continued, “I’m guessing you’re the boyfriend?” something snapped within her when more laughter echoed and she stalked forward, having had enough of the poor treatment, “You don’t know anything. And what my mother does has nothing to do with me.” Leerang snarled. “Oh but you see, I do. I know that nothing of this would’ve happened if you’d just listened to your mother, which, I’m pretty glad you didn’t.” it had to be her mother who’d spilled that information, because no other person knew. “Anyhow, you have until tomorrow night to leave, or we’ll call the police.” the male notified before turning on his heel, thus leaving them to face a sudden change of plans.

“I’m going to kill him.” Kris struggled against Luhan and Tao, trying to get free so that he could rush after the man and voice out his anger. “Hyung, there’s no point fighting it anymore. They’ve already bought the contract and we can’t do anything about it now.” Chen stated and the rest of the guys nodded, if not a bit hesitant. “So you’re saying I should just going to accept it?” Kris was beyond furious by then and finally managed to break free from both Luhan and Tao, who staggered back, eyes wide, “never.” seeing how he headed for the door Leerang placed herself in the way, “don’t do this.” meeting his gaze were hard, more so since she was close to tears, “you’re better than that.” Kris heaved a sigh and let his body relax ever so slightly. It was quite pathetic in a way, how he couldn’t protect a place and a part of himself that meant so incredibly much. The café was not just a place of work, but also where he’d grown up. It was his passion and he loved it with all his heart.

“I’m really sorry.” Leerang’s heart ached in sorrow and a teardrop slid down her cheek once she’d spoken, one Kris wiped away with his thumb before facing his friends and mother, “looks like we don’t actually have a choice.” Kris’ tone was raspier and darker than normal, almost as if he was fighting back his own tears, which was more than understandable knowing how he and his mother would have nowhere to live the coming day. And it was with those thoughts in mind that Leerang came with a decision, “you can live at my place until you find something of your own.” it was not more than right considering how her family was at fault for them being kicked out of their home. But getting the two of them to agree was harder though, because both Kris and his mother practically refused the offer, “it’s really nice of you but we could never do that.” Kris nodded before adding on with, “it wouldn’t feel right.” Leerang continued, she wasn’t going to admit defeat, “does it matter whether it’s right or wrong? At least you’ll get a roof over your head.”

At that moment did the door suddenly open, revealing none other than Chanyeol, who interrupted, “the café -” he stopped to take a deep breath, “is sold right?” without even waiting for an answer did the said male speak again, “well, I’ve got some good news.”

~~~~


There’s probably just one or two chapters left now.