30

Miss. Trouble

 


“Wait here, I’m going to buy another coffee.” Leerang watched how her friend headed over to the cashier, her heart felt heavy as she glanced at Kris. There was a huge chance he would blow everything, something the girl feared, especially since it wouldn’t be the easiest to explain her lies if they were revealed. The male frowned when Leerang’s so-called friend placed herself right in front of him, a sweet smile upon her lips, “annyeong.” the sugarcoated voice made him cringe, he’d never liked girls who used such overwhelming aegyo. Well, it hadn’t always been like that though. “Yes?” Kris was not the slightest interested, an ordeal he was going to make clear. “You don’t remember me?” Jungah faked a cry, “how sad I am.” she’d hoped he would’ve recognized her at least. “No, not really.”

Leerang was watching from afar, her heart felt heavy and she was undoubtedly bothered by the sight of the other two together, “please don’t mention me.” it was like he’d read her mind, because in the next moment did he glance her way. Their gazes locked and she could feel her pulse exhilarate at his intense stare. Oh god, was he going to reveal it all?

In one way or another wouldn’t it exactly surprise her, but that didn’t hinder the girl from panicking, something that was happening quite often nowadays. Leerang shook her head all the whilst she crossed her arms in a manner anyone would’ve understood, and it was pure luck Jungah couldn’t see her stupid action. Kris though, saw and he let out a low, almost inaudible laugh when the younger girl accidentaly hit herself over the nose. “Oppa what are you laughing at?” having momentarily forgotten about Leerang’s friend he frowned, “nothing.”

Jungah glanced at the male before shifting her gaze towards the direction he was looking, her eyes widened when noticing what he was staring at, “do you know her?” the question was one Kris wanted to avoid, more so since Leerang had told him to not mention her, “no, should I?” Jungah shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t know.” Kris was starting to become quite irritated at the way she seemed to be interrogating him like he were some kind of criminal. But none of that could’ve prepared him for her next question, “do you have a girlfriend?” the male had enough of it all, his job wasn’t to reply to such stupid things, “are you going to order anything?”

“Here I thought he would be a nice person, but god was I wrong. He’s a complete .” Leerang felt her heart sink, she should’ve understood he would push her away. The girl couldn’t understand why however, as he didn’t have a girlfriend anymore. “Sorry.” she apologized like it was her own fault Kris rejected the other girl, “no need to apologize.” Jungah pressed her lips together, disheartened by the rejection she’d just received, “I was foolish for even thinking he would be interested.” the more the other girl spoke the more pained did Leerang feel. To make it all worse did she spot an all too familiar group of boys right outside the window. They would definitely destroy everything, that’s if Kris hadn’t already done so. “Should we go? I’ll treat you to a movie.”

Much to Leerang’s dismay were the two of them too late, as Kris’ friends had managed to enter before they even got the chance to get the hell out of there. For the second time did she find herself panic, “why don -.” the girl was interrupted by the sound of a phone ringing, a device which apparently belonged to Jungah, who picked up and answered the call, “yes, what is it now?” Leerang tried to not pry in the other girl’s business, therefore did she shift her gaze over to Kris. The older male was so busy talking to his friends that she continued to look at him, something he didn’t take notice of.

“Mom didn’t I tell you already, I can’t come home right now.” Leerang’s eyes widened and she hastily turned her head as the loud outburst sparked everyone’s attention, including Kris and his friends. “Yeah, yeah, I understand.” Jungah was so frustrated that she hadn’t realized how people were staring at her, “I’ll be home soon, okay.” the phone call ended with a deep sigh followed with an apology from Jungah’s side, “I’m sorry Leerang but my mom need me at home.” the girl brushed it away, “okay.” she was relieved, especially since the chance of Jungah finding out the truth would be minimal. “Let’s meet up some other day, alright.”

She tried to sneak out of there a couple of minutes after Jungah, the only problem though, was that Leerang stumbled on her feet and fell to the floor with a low thump, “ouch.” everyone turned to stare at the commotion she’d caused. “Isn’t that her, the girl who kept on pestering Kris.” Leerang heard every single word loud and clear, but she was too distracted by the pain to even care. In fact, the girl didn’t bother until they began accusing her for being a stalker, “am not.” what exactly had Kris told them -his friends? Was she really that much of a hassle?

“Tao, look what you did, you made her cry.” someone stated but Kris was staring at the younger girl from his place, so deep in thought to even notice who’d said it. He felt bad, more so since his friends were going a bit too far with the whole stalker ordeal. However, the male was disturbed by the door just as he was about to tell them to cut it off. All his thoughts disappeared into thin air the second he saw Chanyeol entering, “you’re not welcomed here.” any other person would’ve left after seeing the look Kris displayed, everyone but Chanyeol, who completely ignored the older male as he stepped even further inside.

“I’m only here because of Leerang.” he’d been told by her mother she was at her father’s, something the girl wasn’t once he finally arrived there. The café had only been a simple guess from his side, one which paid off. “Leave.” Leerang tensed and her head hung low as she wasn’t certain whether he was talking to her or not. The girl deliberately avoided everyone’s curious stares as she felt embarrassed by the way she was acting. She disliked how much their words hurt. It wasn’t supposed to be like that and Leerang wondered why Kris remained silent. Maybe he weren’t much of friend material after all.

Chanyeol headed up to the younger girl, determined to get her out of there without trouble, a task that became hard when Tao and Suho placed themselves in the way, “are you deaf, hyung just told you to leave.” deciding that enough was enough Kris spoke, “let them go.” the last thing he wanted was for the police to show up, especially since his mother were unaware of what kind of activities he was involving himself with, an ordeal that could be exposed if something were to happen. “Hyung.” both Tao and Suho complained, flabbergasted by how their hyung let them go for a second time. Chanyeol though, ignored the two as he stepped around them and latched onto Leerang’s arm, “come on, let’s go.” Kris’ eyebrows furrowed and his lips drew into a thin line when watching the other male, it made his heart boil in a way he’d almost forgotten.

“You went too far this time.” the five boys stared with wide eyes at Kris, almost like they couldn’t believe their own ears, “seems like you’re starting to take a liking to her.” Xiumin stated with a mixed expression of amusement and worry. “I’m not. I just don’t want more trouble in my life as there’s already enough of that.” the male explained, his eyes still set on Leerang, who were making her way out of the café together with Chanyeol. The sight was one that shouldn’t have bothered him, yet it did. “Right.” none of them believed their leader, more so as they noticed how Kris couldn’t tear his eyes from the retreating girl. Leerang however, was too upset to even care. She hadn’t heard a word of what they’d said either, as the male on her right had started a conversation she was trying to keep up with.

“Hyung, you might be in denial right now,” Luhan didn’t particularly like Leerang, especially not since she was mingling with Chanyeol and those other people he despised, “but if you do like her then please don’t let her end up like Sun Yoo.” whatever reason the other male had, Luhan trusted him, he knew his friend too well to know that Kris wouldn’t just let anyone enter his life. “Luhan hyung is right. If you like her then don’t let anyone else take that happiness away.” Chen blurted out and Kris was, for the first time, confused by their behaviour, “I don’t, and that’s end of discussion.”