26

Miss. Trouble

 

She’d been forced along to another dinner, one her mother wouldn’t let the girl escape from. “Pull a stunt like you did the other day and I’ll personally make sure that you’ll never see your credit card again.” Leerang remained quiet, it was safest that way, as she’d already been yelled at for disobeying. “Do you hear me?” the girl nodded just as the front door was pushed open, her eyes widened at the sight of Lay. Seeing him there caused her heart to beat faster, not only because it took her by surprise, but also due to that it’d been nearly two weeks since she’d last seen him. “Mrs. Im. Leerang.” he greeted the two with a welcoming smile, one that took Leerang’s breath away. He never failed to amaze her. “Ah, right. I probably should invite you in.” the tinkling laughter was like music to her ears and the girl blushed when their gazes locked.

“Leerang it’s nice to finally meet you.” a woman around her mother’s age stepped up to them. There was something familiar about her but Leerang were pretty certain they’d never met before. Her hesitation must’ve been noticeable, “I’m Lay’s mother.” unexpected, a word which described the situation perfectly. The sunflower ordeal, of course it hadn’t been a problem since they belonged to the mansion, a place Lay lived in.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” she bowed, manners were an important matter when it came to meeting new people and this time was no different, even more so since her mother was there and making sure she behaved. “Lay, why don’t you show her around. It’ll take at least half an hour before the dinner is ready.” Leerang glanced at the male, who stared right back at her, “right, okay.” it would be the perfect opportunity to strike some points from the younger girl. Lay was positive though, that he would win over Kris.

There was nothing the latter had that he didn’t.

Their little round trip around the house was kind of fascinating, more so since they had an amazing stock of paintings lined on up the walls. Whoever bought the pieces of art had quite the knowledge, as they were not only expensive, but also personal in their way of expression. Lay raised an eyebrow all the whilst he studied her, the way she seemed to be mesmerised by the paintings surprised him a bit. He hadn’t expected for the girl to be interested in such things, “you like art?” Leerang bit down on her bottom lip, hesitant to whether she was supposed to answer yes or no.

“Mm, sort of.” Lay chuckled, an action that caused her to feel a bit uneasy, especially since she’d always been slightly uncertain to how she was supposed to act around him. In difference to him did Leerang lead a rather boring life with odd hobbies and only two friends, that’s if she had the right to call Jungah and Chanyeol her friends. “No need to be flustered. It’s nice to see a girl who’s not all about clothes and makeup.” it wasn’t a complete lie, but not either the truth. Leerang though, found some relief in his statement. The boy was different after all, not like Kai, Sehun or Kris. “Should we continue?” his question was met with a quick nod and they proceeded towards another part of the mansion.

Lay glanced at the girl once in awhile, a small smirk grew on his lips as a plan formed. He was starting to get a bit impatient. Leerang was probably the most boring person he’d ever come across and he just wanted to get it over with. In fact, she would have absolutely no value once he’d stolen her first kiss and ity, as those two things were the only ones that kept him interested in her. The quicker he got it done the sooner he would be able to move on with his life. “Come on, I’ll show you my room.” Lay reached out and latched onto her hand, the feeling of his warm skin against her own caused Leerang’s heart to sigh in delight. It was unusual, because she would normally tense up and do anything to get him to let go.

He was doing something out of character when he shoved the door open, thus revealing his bedroom none other than his friends got to enter. During his whole life had only one girl received the permission to step inside his room. But that person was no longer alive. “I don’t usually let anyone enter, but I’ll make an exception since it’s you.” he squeezed her hand in a manner that made Leerang’s cheeks flush a light pink color. Lay was going to do everything in order for the girl to fall for him, even if it meant fighting Kris. Because really, being able to take her ity was an opportunity he wouldn’t let slip by that easily.

Leerang felt both relieved and sad when the older male loosened his grip and let go of her hand. “There’s not exactly much to do in here.” Lay spoke all the whilst he shut the door close. The girl however, was so preoccupied with the objects and furnitures to even take notice of the door being closed. Almost everything within the room was white. The only thing that wasn’t were the studydesk, it’s old, brownish wood stood out against the modern designs. But it also reminded her about what’d taken place at Seoyoung’s birthday party. The mental images of what Kai had been doing would probably never leave her memory. “Are you okay? You look a bit pale.” instinctively did she avoid his gaze, one that began to wander down her body all the whilst he inched closer. To take her innocence would have to wait, because he would never do it when his parents were home. He couldn’t help but to wonder though, did she really have no clue of what he wanted?  

Not that it was any of his problem.

Lay reached out, his hand placed itself under the girl’s chin and he heard how she drew in a deep breath, almost as if surprised by the situation. The sudden action and the fact that Leerang disliked such intimate skinship caused her tense up. “I’m not going to do anything.” his friends would’ve laughed, as they knew how obvious of a lie it was, “relax.” her heart raced and goosebumps formed on the girl’s skin when he, oh so gently, tipped her chin so their eyes met. His gaze was filled with such warmth that Leerang found herself spellbound, and a shudder ran down her spine as the boy traced his thumb along the plaster on her cheek.

“Does it hurt?” his touch was feather light, as if he was afraid to break her, “no.” she gulped down, the subsiding pain was nothing in comparison to how hard and fast her heart was beating. The older male was making her feel something she’d never experienced before, and it felt absolutely amazing. “Good.” Lay’s gaze landed upon her plump lips and he decided then and there to make the first move. It was her own fault for entering his bedroom. Any other girl would’ve understood the meaning behind his action, everyone but Leerang, whose eyelids fluttered close when Lay let his finger trail down towards her pink, cushion like lips. One’s first kiss wasn’t that special, not to him. To tell the truth, the male did no longer remember his, something that showed just how forgettable it was.

Leerang’s mind was clouded with his scent and her heart was thumping fast. His breath ghosted across the sensitive skin of her lips when he breathed out. It felt surreal, how close he really was. What the girl couldn’t see though, was how he eyed her with a smirk. Every action of hers told him quite a lot, even more so since she seemed to expect for him to kiss her. Maybe it wouldn’t be that difficult after all, to steal her ity. Because really, if Leerang was so willing to give her first kiss to him, then what more did he need to do in order to her.

“LAY, LEERANG, FOOD.” swear words echoed inside his head when the opportunity to kiss the younger girl vanished into thin air. It was not only Lay who was frustrated by that, Leerang was, too, as she blinked her eyes open. She’d anticipated it, feeling his lush lips against her own. The boy took a step back, thus withdrawing his hand from the girl just as his mother called out again, “LAY!” there was no words exchanged. Leerang was more than embarrassed already, and the older male had nothing to say. An overwhelming disappointment was evident within in them both though. But Lay was certain nonetheless, that he was the one who would take her first kiss. Not Kris, not anyone else.