18

Miss. Trouble

 


Her eyes fluttered open and she blinked a couple of times to adjust to the daylight. The nightmare that’d invaded the girl’s dreams had been too real. In the back of her head though, did Leerang remember about Kai. Panic washed over Leerang and she sat up, only to feel even more terrified when taking notice that the room wasn’t hers. “D -don’t tell me the nightmare was real.” she didn’t dare look under the cover, afraid of what she was going to see. The fact that the bed was a kingsized one didn’t ease her troubles the slightest. “Please don’t let this be real.” Leerang was close to tears, “h -how could he do something like that?” she sobbed in humiliation.  

A nauseous feeling was building up and she felt a strong need to vomit, her stomach contracted every other second and Leerang hurried to slip out from under the cover. Another cry left her parted lips when noticing that she was only wearing an oversized t-shirt that barely reached down to her mid thigh. “Mom is going to kill me.” she would bring shame upon their family if the ordeal was revealed, and Leerang knew with certainty that all hell would break loose if that were to happen. It wouldn’t come as surprise if her mother decided to kick her out of the house.

Grabbing onto the door handle she pulled it open and stepped out into the hallway, one that was sparsely decorated with various things. The bathroom, Leerang had to find it fast before she ended up destroying the carpet. Much to the girl’s relief did the floor only have two doors, three if you included the one she precisely exited. Without a second to waste did she dart towards the first in line, her heart dropped in terror at the sight of another bedroom. Leerang’s stomach contracted once again and she understood that there wasn’t much time now. “Please, please, please.” some kind of god must’ve heard her plee because the next door lead to the bathroom. However, the sudden need to throw up disappeared once she’d stepped inside. It was weird, especially since the feeling of utter disgust was still there. “Why did this have to happen to me?” Leerang questioned whilst glancing down on the piece of clothing she was wearing. The sudden sound of feet caused her to tense in fear. It couldn’t be that he was back for more?

She listened, her heart hammering hard inside her chest, as the person stopped just outside the bathroom door. There were no words spoken but Leerang knew that he waited for her. It was obvious, “leave me be.” more tears trickled down her cheeks, he’d already hurt her more than enough. No reply came though. “I hate you. You had no right to take my ity.” she blurted it all out without any sense of shame. He’d stolen something that wasn’t for him to take.

Kris rolled his eyes in annoyance, he wasn’t the slightest impressed by the girl’s choice of words. In fact, he didn’t really understand why she was speaking like that, “are you done?” the only reason to why he’d even taken her there was because of the money she owed him. Her little fainting spell had caused him more than enough trouble already.

“Y -you.” Leerang’s cheeks flushed in utter embarrassment, her previous statement had been directed to the wrong person. It was slowly coming back though, the memories from the shop. How Kai had planted his lips against her skin, his hands that’d kept her from escaping. But a small part remembered him, too. “W -why did you help?” he didn’t even like her to begin with. The male heaved a deep sigh, “aren’t you supposed to be grateful that I didn’t leave you there with the ert.” he should’ve expected it, she was just as ungrateful as everyone else. Leerang stared at the door, he was right about that. She should be thankful for that he helped. “I -, thank you.”

Silence filled the air and with that came the thoughts. With widened eyes did Leerang step away from the door. If Kai hadn’t been involved, then who’d changed her clothes? “You are the ert.” Kris frowned as he ran a hand through his hair, the girl did obviously not have any idea of what a ert was. Either that or she was just trying to be funny. “I don’t care what you think of me but I would never force myself on a girl.” with that being said did he leave. Kris was not going to stand there and listen to any of her accusations. He was already tired of hearing people complain about him.

Moments of total silence followed once again. It was different that time around though, because it was truly dead silent. “Kris?” there was no answer and Leerang guessed that he must’ve left. “I need to get out of here somehow.” taking a hurried glance on her bare legs the girl cried. The t-shirt was much shorter than the dresses she used to wear. On the contrary did she, in one way or another, need to leave the bathroom. It was the only way, as her clothes very probably lying elsewhere.

The hallway was empty, she noticed that once she’d pulled the door open. “Kris?” she advanced forward with slow, carefully steps in case he was luring around the corner or something. But just like the previous time was it completely quiet. “Maybe he left after all.” straightening up some more the girl walked over to the bedroom she’d stepped out from. Leerang didn’t react when seeing that the door was slightly open, mainly because she knew she’d left it like that. Being in such a rush she hadn’t had time to close it. “Must find my clothes.” that was a task she found considerably hard, as they were nowhere in sight. Leerang had some difficulties understanding where they’d went. What was going on exactly?

“Your clothes are in the washing machine.” the girl spun around in shock, only to see the older male standing there in the doorway. Kris gave her a blank stare, one she misunderstood as something else, “ert.” Leerang tugged at the hem of the t-shirt, which were the only clothing she was wearing. Kris gritted his teeth together in frustration, “don’t include me in that group of low life people.” he snarled in anger, an action that took Leerang by surprise. Never before had she seen someone so upset, with the exception of her mother. “Quit staring then.” flustered by his intense gaze she reached out and grab a hold of the cover that lay on the bed, and that before she wrapped it around her waist.

“I’m not interested in you.” he threw the gray hoodie he’d brought onto the bed. “Leave the t-shirt on the bed, your cell phone and all other things you had are downstairs.” Leerang was left alone when the boy slammed the door shut. Her heart throbbed in pain, he could’ve been a bit nicer, especially since he knew what she’d been through. His words hurt and that even thought he might’ve not realized so. “I don’t like you either.” the girl’s childish act was followed by that she undressed and then pulled the hoodie over her head. She’d hoped that the piece of clothing reached further down on her thigh, but such a wish wasn’t met.

Her legs were left bare as she, in a quiet manner, trudged down the staircase. Unfamiliar sounds and views greeted the girl when she reached the first floor. “It’s great to see you awake.” it dawned on Leerang, where she truly was when Kris’ mother appeared right before her very own eyes. “I’m sorry for causing trouble.” she bowed to show her gratitude. “Kris told me what happened and I’m relieved that he managed to interrupt in time.” Leerang glanced down on the floor, the girl felt humiliated yet glad at the same time. It was boys such as Kai that ruined it for the male population. At least Lay weren’t like that. “You shouldn’t blame it on yourself.” she blinked away the tears that were slowly forming in the corner of her eyes. Getting all emotional in front of someone she barely knew was out of the ordinary. Leerang had always found it hard to cry, therefore was she quite stunned that she’d almost done so there and then.

Kris was leaning against the wall whilst he kept his eyes on the girl, his hoodie was far too big for her petite form. “You’re scared of losing your innocence and yet you are hanging out with the biggest playboys in Seoul.” Kris whispered to himself before he his heel and left. Whatever, if she wanted to put herself at risk then it was her problem.

“Right, your clothes are in the washing machine so they won’t be dry until tomorrow. That’s why I told Kris to lend you that hoodie.” the older woman informed and Leerang’s eyes widened slightly, the clothing she was wearing belonged to him. A faint blush crept up her cheeks, “r -really.” it was the first time she wore clothes that wasn’t hers nor her parents. “Don’t worry too much.” the ahjumma gave her a smile that nearly caused Leerang to cry. Such encouraging words and heartwarming smiles were something neither of her parents gave the girl. “Omona, I almost forgot about the dress.” her heart dropped at the thought of the white dress she was supposed to buy -. Wait, she’d out before she managed to buy it, then?

“Throw it away.” Leerang didn’t want to see the dress ever again. It reminded her too much of what’d taken place. “Are you sure?” without hesitating did she nod, there was no doubt about it. “I guess it can’t be helped.” Kris’ mother gave her a look she didn’t quite understand. It was sentimental, almost. “I should leave, my parents are probably worried.” Leerang bowed once more, “Kris got your belongings so you might want to see him before you go.” she’d sort of hoped that she could’ve skipped that part, especially after their argument upstairs.

She found the said male out in the café. He looked utterly annoyed and she soon understood why when seeing the hoard of girls outside. “I -ehm -my things.” Kris directed his gaze towards the girl who stood behind him. “Pay first,” she blinked up at him, wondering why he would demand such a thing, “for the dress, what else.” he hadn’t been allowed to leave the shop before he paid for it, and in difference to the girl did he not afford such luxury as to give away clothes for one million won. Kris was losing his patience, “I had to buy that stupid dress you wore.” a light bulb appeared over her head, “okay, deduct two million won then.” the boy raised an eyebrow, he didn’t have time nor the mood to play around. “The price was only one million.” Leerang shrugged her shoulders, she knew about the price, “I know. But the other million is a way to say thank you for helping me.” the girl had no idea of what else to do. Therefore did it arrive as a surprise when Kris shoved her belongings into the palm of her hand, “I didn’t do it because it was you, I did it because it was the right thing to do. Plus, you say thank you with your feelings, not with your money.” why couldn’t he just take the money like everyone else would?