6

Miss. Trouble

 


It had been pure luck that she’d managed to get a hold of the dress, and that before it fell to the floor. “P -ert.” Leerang pushed herself away all the whilst the boy stared at her, “it looked like you needed help.” still, he couldn’t just pull the zipper down like that, especially since they didn’t even know each other. Embarrassed by what could’ve happened Leerang told the male to leave. He couldn’t be there, not when she was going to change. Her mother wouldn’t appreciate it too much either. “But I don’t want to leave my noonas’.” she took a wary step back, was he high?

Leerang had heard about student who took drugs in order to make it through the day. It couldn’t be that he was one of them? “A -are you high?” the question left her lips before she even got the chance to think it over. However, the reacting of when he nodded his head was one that baffled her. Never could Leerang have guessed that the boy would be so straightforward, “the cake, I think I ate too much.” huh, cake? Oh, right. So he was high on sugar, not that other stuff.

Clearing she pointed at the door, “leave. In fact, you shouldn’t even be here in the first place.” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders, unbothered, “I was looking for the bathroom. Though, I can’t remember how I ended up here -well, now I do.” she noticed how the male glanced over at her poster of SNSD, “so you’re saying that you looked for the bathroom but ended up here because of the poster?” Chanyeol nodded, as that was pretty much it. The girl group was one thing that made his life somewhat bearable between all the exams and tons of homework.

“Okay, well, leave now.” the older woman would soon start to wonder why it was taking so long, “tsk, killjoy.” her eye twitched, did he really think Leerang would let him watch when she changed clothes, don’t think so. Chanyeol laughed aloud when the younger girl literally shoved him out of the room, and that before he heard the lock click. Inside the bedroom though, was Leerang panicking. The dress was ruined and she knew more than well that her mother would ask why she wasn’t wearing it.

A situation like that was horrible, especially since the girl didn’t really have any other dress to wear. To use the same piece twice was unthinkable. Therefore was it with much dread that Leerang roamed through her closet. Barely a minute, that’s how long it took for the girl to understand that she had no other dress, something that gave her no other option but to wear normal clothes. In other terms, skinny jeans, converse and a simple tank top. Leerang didn’t even want to think about what her mother would do later on, after that all the guests had left. Hell was definitely going to break lose.

The girl nearly got a heart attack when she stepped out of her bedroom and saw that the boy stood there, leaning against the wall as if he was waiting for something. “Yah!” Leerang placed a hand over her chest in utter shock. Chanyeol straightened up, all of his 182cm towered over the said girl, “I still don’t understand why you’re using informal language when I’m older than you.” how could he know that, it wasn’t like the boy knew how old she was, that’s unless her mother had told him. “you are a high school student right?” she narrowed her eyes, curious to how he could know, “you wore a uniform, that’s why. Well, by your height you could possibly be a middle school student for all I know.” oh really, middle school student. Was he trying to be funny? If so, then challenge accepted. “Fine, ahjussi. I’ll address you like the old man you are.” she stuck her tongue out at him, an action that made Chanyeol smile, as he found himself like her already.

“The announcement.” Leerang panicked once again, the whole day seemed to be an endlessness hassle. A hurried glance on the male and she spun around, however she came to a stop when remembering that he’d wondered where the bathroom was, “ahjussi, the bathroom is down the hall and to the right.” Chanyeol grinned, he couldn’t really understand why Baekhyun disliked her. She was both funny and pretty.

Leerang’s mother was already preoccupied with preparations when she entered the living room, something that made the girl wonder what was going on. The announcement made her uneasy, especially since she had no idea what the whole ordeal was about. It didn’t even seem like her step-dad knew about it either. “I really don’t like this.” she knew that, whatever the old woman had up her sleeve, it couldn’t be good. “Then, why don’t I make you feel good again?” Leerang tensed when feeling a puff of air ghost across her ear and she spun around in haste when the boy tried to sneak his arms around her waist from behind. It was the other one who’d disturbed the girl in the stairs. His name though, was something Leerang couldn’t remember.

Not wanting to deal with either him or anyone else she vanished off to the other side of the room. Much to her dismay however, did the said boy follow, “I know you want to play, you’re just too shy to admit it.” Leerang rolled her eyes, not even surprised by his statement. Not every girl wanted to jump in bed with a boy just because he happened to be a bit handsome. Plus, she was definitely not like that. Heck, she hadn’t even gotten her first kiss yet. “I don’t.” trying to ignore him was impossible, especially when he, out of nowhere, latched onto Leerang’s wrist and spun her around. “You haven’t even given me a chance.” Sehun ignored the curious looks, something she had trouble doing, “it’s embarrassing.” the boy smirked upon seeing how anxious she seemed to be. Really, the younger girl was nothing special and humiliating his friends’ resulted in consequences. Leerang though, was getting slightly light headed at all the attention they were receiving.

“Yo, Sehun, Kai’s looking for you.” the girl couldn’t be more relieved when the ahjussi interrupted. In fact, she wouldn’t have known what to do otherwise. Sehun gave the two a quick glance, whatever his hyung had in mind he didn’t like it, not at all. Girls’ flocked around Chanyeol because of his goofy smile and childish personality. Though, Sehun had known the older boy long enough to know that there was another side to his hyung. One that was not to play with when triggered. It was also therefore he decided to leave the matter for the time being. Sehun could always get his revenge later.

“Shouldn’t I get a thank you for helping out?” Leerang stared up on the taller male, his bright smile was a sight she found a bit endearing. “Thank you.” her cheeks flushed pink, embarrassed that she hadn’t been able to handle the situation herself. Being independent wasn’t that easy after all. “Sehun and Kai are both like that, partners in crime when it comes to girls.” Leerang swallowed hard when remembering the incident in the staircase. How that boy’s lips had been so close to touching her own.

“Excuse me, can I get everyone’s attention please.” the sound of her mother’s voice caused the girl to flinch involuntarily. The moment she’d dreaded had arrived. “Ohh, that’s your mother,” Chanyeol stated, as if she hadn’t noticed. “First of all would I like to thank everyone for showing up for my husband’s birthday party. Second of all, I would like to present my birthday gift to you all. Honey, I’m pregnant.” Leerang felt her whole world fall and scatter into pieces, she refused to believe it. No, it was just a sick joke, “and she’s pregnant.” Chanyeol finished off, baffled by the announcement. He couldn’t remember that he’d ever witnessed a scene like that before.

“Leerang did you hear that, you’re getting a sibling.” a sibling? No, more like a replacement. She was going to be shoved aside even more. However, she’d always known that her mother saw her as a failure, and getting another kid was like the final statement Leerang had only waited for. Chanyeol tilted his head so that he got a better look at the younger girl, “are you okay?” how could anyone be alright in a situation like that? And why had her mother decided upon something so stupid? But then again, when had the woman ever considered her?

Hurt and upset Leerang darted out of the living room, soon followed by the tall boy. Tears were almost streaming down her cheeks when she pushed the front door open and ran. Chanyeol, without a second thought, picked up the phase and chased after her, “wait for me.” he shouted aloud, an action that caused Leerang to slow down, and that before she spun around to face him, “just leave me alone.” the girl was not one to be rude, but the overwhelming feelings within made her react different. He sulked, not liking the fact that she didn’t want him there, “why?” he’d obviously seen the way she took the news of her mother being pregnant, “because.” there was no chance that anyone could possibly understand what she was going through, and the girl was not even going to try and explain. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, “because is not a valid answer, and besides, I know something that’ll definitely cheer you up.” he had, before Leerang got the chance to decline, already slid his hand into hers, “come on, let’s go.” the boy smiled, as if there was nothing wrong.

“Ice cream?” they’d ended up at a small ice cream parlor downtown. Apparently was ice cream the resolution to everything, at least according to Chanyeol, “really, can’t you feel the happiness building up within and enlightening your life like a colorful rainbow?” he had to be crazy, there was no doubt about that. Though, a crazy person was still better than no one. “Not really.” nothing could possibly ease her troubles. “Hmm, aren’t that what girls normally eat when they are heartbroken?” he off the small spoon, thoughts swirling inside his head, he’d been certain that ice cream could make anyone happy. “I think that’s chocolate.” she blankly stared down on the melting treat, some flavoured whipped cream wouldn’t wipe away the fact that her mother was pregnant. “Ohh, should I get you chocolate then?” Chanyeol asked, as he devoured the last of his ice cream, but Leerang shook her head, “it’s okay.” there was no question about that she was going to sleep at her father’s house from that point and on. A decision like the one the old woman had taken was selfish. A kid meant responsibility, something her mother lacked.

“Can I leave now?” Leerang wanted to be alone, she needed to think and that was quite impossible with him around. Chanyeol nodded, if not slightly hesitant. He didn’t want the girl to leave, not yet at least. “Well, bye.” she gave him a small bow before retreating. It was already getting late and she decided to just head home to her father’s house. However, the pregnancy was not the only ordeal on Leerang’s mind. Baekhyun was, too. Never had she seen someone behave the way he’d done over a suit. He had the money so what was the deal?

Then there was him, Lay. He’d actually helped her out, and that even though it may have not been his intention. Nonetheless, it’d spared her the horror of experiencing something horrible. Well, the girl had almost gotten a heart attack when that other boy nearly kissed her. His face had been so close to hers that she’d even felt his hot breath against her skin. God, Leerang had interacted with about everyone of them.

The girl was so preoccupied with her own thoughts that she failed to look left-and-right before stepping out on the street. There was a car honk and she froze, as her legs wouldn’t cooperate. Was she really going to die like that? Had god decided to punish Leerang for her thoughts about the unborn baby? Though, skin connected with her own and she was harshly yanked into the embrace of someone else before she was run over. It’d happened so fast that Leerang was shocked. But who wouldn’t be in a situation like that. Death was after all permanent and to turn back time was impossible.

“Are you out of your mind?” she had to be hallucinating, the events must’ve made such a huge impact on the girl that she was imagining things now. The boy pulled away, only to get a bit surprised when he remembered the other person from somewhere. “If you want to kill yourself, then do so without traumatizing other people.” the girl, baffled at the statement, blinked up on the taller male. She hadn’t imagined things, it was really him. The boy from the café had saved Leerang just in time. “I don’t want to die.” her heart was beating frantically, the ordeal of almost being run over had caused her pulse to race.

Kris pulled away, irritated as he was already late for an appointment. His rough action though, was one Leerang disliked. Fine, she admitted that she’d been stupid for not paying attention. But he didn’t have to behave like that. Really, being handsome meant nothing when he was so incredibly rude.