7

Miss. Trouble

 

She was lying in bed, staring at the picture the boy had accidentally dropped the previous day. The photo displayed him, Kris, and a girl named Sun Yoo, side-by-side. “It must be his girlfriend.” Leerang whispered, as she remembered the hoard of girls’ that’d stood outside the café. They’d told her that he had one. His girlfriend had to be really kind-hearted in order to put up with his rude acts. Something Leerang couldn’t understand though, was why girls’ idolized him like he was some god. Obviously did they not know how ill-mannered he actually was. Well it was not her problem if they wanted to waste their lives on him.

“Leerang?” there was a knock on the door and she hurried to hide the picture so that her father wouldn’t spot it. “Yes?” the door creaked open, revealing the older male, “I’m going out.” Leerang slid out of bed, not the slightest surprised that her father would leave her alone for a few hours. She’d hoped though, that he would’ve stayed home so that they could have watched a movie and eaten some delicious food.

“Okay, be careful.” the man nodded whilst smiling weakly. He appreciated his daughter a lot and wouldn’t know what to do without her. It was safe to say that Leerang’s mood dropped significantly when the lock on the front door clicked. She was all alone, something the girl wasn’t too fond of. Her gaze drifted over to the pillow lying on her bed. The picture, he was probably looking for it, wondering where it was. Maybe Leerang could head down to the café. There was no reason for the girl to keep the photo, especially since it wasn’t even hers to begin with.

The rain was pouring down by the time she left the house, an ordeal that required her to bring an umbrella. “Stupid rain.” it was safe to say that she disliked such weather, especially since Leerang would shiver every time a cold wind swept past. Much to the girl’s dismay did the wind only pick up speed, and halfway down the hill did Leerang even regret going out. In fact, the only positive with the situation was that there was no one standing outside the café. Not a single girl actually.

The clock above the door sounded when she entered the small but cosy place. She noticed quite instantly that the café was close to empty, almost. There was still one table occupied by that group of boys from the other day, and it was just pure luck that none of them had seen her yet. However, the fact that they were there made Leerang slightly anxious. Kris though, had already spotted her from his place behind the cashier. The incident from the previous day was one he hadn’t forgotten. “Are you going to order anything?” his voice caused Leerang to snap out of her thoughts, and that before she glanced over at the older boy, “no.” the reply was straightforward, she wasn’t there to buy anything.

Kris raised an eyebrow, “then I suggest you to leave.” the girl shook her head, she was not going to follow his orders. But Leerang was also terrified to receive attention from the group of boys, therefore was it with careful steps that she advanced forward. “You dropped something yesterday.” that trick had been used so many times before that Kris didn’t believe her. Really, it was one of many which girls used to give him their phone numbers.

“I’m not interested.” he spoke in a monotone voice. Leerang ignored him though, as she fished up the picture from the pocket of her jacket, “here.” the thin, card shaped paper was hastily ripped from her hands when Kris saw what it was. The male glared at her with such intensity that she shivered, “I’m going to leave -yeh.” Leerang whirled around, only to bump into something hard, yet soft. “You again.” the girl heaved a deep sigh, not really appreciating the attention she’d received from the group of boys.

“Awh, you made hyung mad again. How come you can’t leave him alone?” it was definitely not her fault that the other boy was angry, she had done absolutely nothing. In fact, wasn’t he supposed to be relieved that he got the picture back? “I only handed something back to him.” Leerang didn’t know how many times she would have to explain that she was not the slightest interested in Kris. For god’s sake, he already got a girlfriend. “I bet it was your phone number.” a black-haired boy laughed, an action that caused Leerang to frown, “it was a picture you .” tired of all the accusations the girl decided to leave, something that was easier said than done when five boys were cornering her against the counter. “Hyung?” Tao leaned over to catch a glimpse of the item she’d, accordingly, handed over to Kris, “isn’t th -.” he cut himself short. To utter that name was practically forbidden, especially since Tao knew how much his hyung had been hurt by that girl, Sun Yoo.

“Leave.” Kris snapped, the photo was one he’d forgotten about. It must’ve been hid somewhere in the pockets of his jacket. “Hyu -.” Chen was interrupted, “LEAVE, ALL OF YOU.” surprised by the outburst Leerang felt her heart jump. Gosh, did he really have to overreact like that? However, the other five knew better than to oppose, therefore did they grab the girl by the arm and drag her out of there. “I can leave on my own.” she was slowly starting to grow accustomed to being pulled along. But the skinship was still something Leerang disliked, “let me go.” the try of breaking free was weak, and the fact that the boy only tightened his grip didn’t really help either. It was weird actually, how twelve boys so suddenly entered her life. Well, they’d more like forced their way into Leerang’s life. “It’s not like you’ve listened to us before.” the girl had no reason to, especially not since she, too, lived there. Plus, it wasn’t like they owned the place.

At the same time was another boy passing by the café, his eyes rounded in shock and bewilderment upon the sight, “Leerang?” the tall male advanced forward, his pulse raced as the younger girl caught his gaze, “ahjusshi.” one could easily say that she was taken back by his appearance, didn’t he know that he was committing social suicide by being there?

However, tension arose instantly when the other five spotted the boy, “you’re on the wrong side of the Han river.” Chanyeol knew that very well. Though, he was not there because of them. “I’m not here to see you.” the ever smiling and goofy Chanyeol had changed into a more serious one. Even Leerang noticed that, “ahjussi.” Tao narrowed his eyes, he was trying to figure out the reason to why the girl was constantly making herself noticed within the North. The other gang leader was known for his sneaky ways, and it wouldn’t exactly surprise him if Lay had sent her. To use and take advantage of girls was an ordeal that Lay had done before.

“Aren’t you going to let her go?” Tao, along with the other four boys exchanged glances. About the similar thoughts were rushing through their minds. “If I don’t?” the girl was starting to get confused and slightly scared as well, “Chanyeol, what’s going on?” the said boy didn’t want Leerang to know, but even he understood that it would be inevitable. “Yeah, why don’t you tell her what your little group of friends do after school.” Luhan smirked, pleased by the look the other boy gave him.

“Can’t say that you are that innocent either.” it would’ve been a whole another deal if the rest of his friends had showed up. But they hadn’t and Chanyeol was starting to get quite irritated. “At least we’re not using girls.” the pain in Tao’s voice was evident, and Chanyeol understood more than well what he was referring to. Unfortunately could he do nothing when it came to Lay’s behaviour. The leader did as he pleased and that whether his actions were approvable or not.

“Leerang got nothing to do with this.” if there was something he was certain about it was just that. The girl had absolutely no connection to either the gang or Lay in any way. “Right and what makes you think we would believe you?” Xiumin snapped, he was not going to watch his leader get hurt again. None of them would, especially after having seen how hurt Kris got, and still was, by Sun Yoo. “I don’t care if you believe me or not. However, I won’t be nice if you don’t let her go.” using violence was definitely nothing Chanyeol favored. Still, he wouldn’t back out if he found the ordeal to be worth fighting for. “Wooo, and we are so scared.” Suho snickered, the playful smile he always displayed was nowhere in sight though.

“Tao let her go.” Kris had seen the commotion outside and decided to check it out. His stare hardened and his fists clenched together at the sight of Chanyeol. Even so, to fight there was not only unnecessary but also stupid, as he didn’t want to burden his mother even further. The fact that she had no idea what her son occupied himself with outside work was something Kris wanted to keep as a secret. “But hyung.” Tao was not too keen about the decision, he didn’t want to let the girl go. Not that easily. The call though, was not for him to make and the boy could do nothing but to follow the leader’s order.

Leerang was pushed away, and that in such a violent matter that she crashed right into Chanyeol, “ouch.” the word was exclaimed all the whilst the other group of boys snickered loudly. It wasn’t even fun, not at all. “You obviously don’t know how to treat a girl.” Leerang glared at them or more directly, at Kris, since he seemed to be the one in charge. The older male however, didn’t want to hear it, especially not when it came from someone who associated herself with Chanyeol and his crew.

~~
 
I've started a new story;; Soul to Soul.
Don't worry, I'm not neglecting this one ^^