16

Miss. Trouble

 

Staring ahead she gripped onto the cup with patbingsu, a delicious treat Lay had so nicely bought for her. The boy though, had just gotten himself a cup of iced latte, as his taste buds couldn’t really take the overly sweet taste of cakes, candy and shaved ice. “You like it?” Lay glanced at her, his lips forming into a thin line when he saw her trembling hands.

“Y -yeh.” she felt flustered, it’d been a bad move to follow with him. But it was too late now, and for Leerang to leave would only make her more embarrassed. “Lighten up, you don’t need to be so tense.” that was an ordeal easier said than done, especially since he played a huge part in the way she acted. The girl liked him so much and didn’t want to ruin it all.

Her behaviour though, did soon get on Lay’s nerves. She wouldn’t even talk, all she did was to simply stick to his side and follow him like some lost puppy. Was she really so downright boring? Maybe he’d made the wrong decision to ditch the other girl he was supposed to meet. At least he would’ve gotten some fun then. But then again, he needed to make sure that Kris wouldn’t stand a chance with Leerang. What happened after that, once she’d fallen for him, was easy. Bye, bye. Relationships weren’t his cup of tea, something a lot of girls’ got to experience. But honestly, did they truly believe that they would find true love at a nightclub? No, long lasting relationships wasn’t for him. He grew tired of them quite easily and it was simpler to just end it before the girl got too attached.

An inaudible sigh rolled off his tongue as he snuck a glance at the younger girl, a spot on her cheek caught Lay’s attention and he instinctively reached out. Leerang however, was so caught up in eating the melting treat that she didn’t notice what the boy was up to. Well, that was before she felt something brush against her skin and she froze in complete shock. Surprised by the contact the girl looked up at him, only to feel her eyes widen at how close he was. “You had ice cream there.” Lay explained as he wiped his hand on the napkin that’d been wrapped around his latte. “Ohh.” she lowered her head in embarrassment. Because really, why would someone like him even come up with the thought of kissing her, she was probably nowhere close to the girls he hung out with.

Maybe she’d set the bar too high.

“You should eat the ice cream on top before it melts.” Lay was beginning to grow a bit impatient, she was spazzing out and not paying attention at all. It was not what he’d expected when he treated her to patbingsu. Either she was abnormally shy or so innocent that she didn’t understand what he was trying to accomplish. Not that it mattered, because in the end was he going to mark her his. There was no way that he was going to let Kris win. He was going to make sure that Kris stood no chance against him. In comparison to the other boy did Lay actually have money which he could spend on whatever he wanted. Plus, he was getting an education that, in the future, would give him the CEO position of his father’s company. Kris had none of that. All he got was minimum wage from his pathetic work.  

Leerang had been so preoccupied with her own thoughts that she hadn’t taken notice of the now melting ice cream, one that was slowly dripping down and coating her fingers. “Ack.” the sound slipped from her lips when the sticky substance caused her fingers to get cold. Lay turned to stare at her, confused to why she’d let out a gasp. His eyes widened though, when he saw how she was and her fingers clean from the ice cream. The sight of it all looked kind of and Lay wondered how she could be so shameless. “Stop with that.” he practically ordered the girl, who glanced up to meet his gaze. Leerang knew that the scene wasn’t very ladylike, but what else was she supposed to do?

Reaching out he latched onto her wrist, an action that came as a huge surprise to Leerang. But the feeling of uneasiness soon overwhelmed the girl and she tried to pull away. It was all in vain though, as Lay only tightened his grip. For a girl to behave like that was astonishing. “Come on.” he lead her to a fountain, which was located in the middle of the park. The boy was thankful for that he’d brought a few of his other dates there before. Because without those dates wouldn’t he have known about the fountain and Leerang would have to walk around with a ice cream coated hand until they found some water. Hm, it was probably the first time his playboy life came in handy. Not that he complained.

“W -where are we going?” she had a hard time keeping up with his phase as he pulled her along. Glancing back he spoke, “you’ll see.” Leerang was unsure of what to believe, it would be impossible right, for him to be like Kai and Sehun. A shiver of disgust ran down her spine upon the memories of that day. That Chanyeol had been there to help was pure luck. The thoughts however, of him doing something inappropriate vanished once they came to a stop, a fountain was displayed before them. One that took her breath away due to it’s marvelous style and detail.

Lay tugged on her hand, thus implying that she should move closer to the fountain itself. “Don’t fall into it this time.” the boy let go and Leerang’s cheeks flushed, he still remembered about the party. The one when she ended up in the pool. Gulping down she carefully set the cup with patbingsu aside, and that before she leaned over and dipped her hands into the water. It was freezing cold and Leerang found herself shiver once again. Lay took the chance to check her out as she continued with getting rid of the ice cream. Her high school uniform did definitely do the girl justice, and he couldn’t help but his bottom lip as he eyed her thighs. A smirk formed on his lips, within time would she be his to claim. Just a couple of tricks and some charm, it wouldn’t take too long. In the midst of it all though, did Lay’s phone ring, he already knew who it was without having to look at the ID. Really, anyone would be able to figure out that it was the girl he was supposed to meet.

Completely ignoring the call he kept his eyes set on Leerang. He needed to make sure that she didn’t actually fell into the fountain, something she luckily refrained from. It would’ve been a huge bother otherwise. “Here.” she felt her pulse increase when Lay pushed the napkin into the palm of her hand. The contact of their skin had been so short that it’d gotten a different reaction, instead of feeling anxious had the girl felt warmth spread within.

A turning point she hoped.

His cell phone rang again, “a -are you not going to take it?” Leerang didn’t want to be in the way, especially not if he was expecting an important call. “No.” she looked up at him, surprised by his straightforward answer. Well, at least he didn’t snap at her like Kris always did. However, the caller was rather persistent and kept on calling over and over again. It became obvious to Leerang that the person would continue doing so until Lay picked up, “you s -should probably answer.” she watched as he took a few steps away, probably so she wouldn’t hear the conversation, which was reasonable.

Lay pressed the electronic device to his ear, only to hear a high-pitched voice yelling at him, “oppa, where are you? Didn’t you promise me that we would meet up.” he let out a melodramatic sigh, “I know, I got caught up with something but I’ll be there in fifteen minutes, alright.” he couldn’t stand being around Leerang any more, not that day at least. In fact, Lay could barely wait for the day he would taint the younger girl’s innocence. It was definitely a day he was looking forward to, especially since Kris wouldn’t want Leerang after he was done with her.

“Okay, I’ll see you soon, bye.” Lay turned towards the younger girl once he pressed away the call. “Your summer break started today as well, right?” she nodded, slightly unsure to why he asked, “great, let’s hangout some other day.” Leerang felt her heart beating faster and faster, never could she have guessed that he wanted to see her again. “I really need to go, I got an important meeting to attend.” oh, of course. She wasn’t going to keep him from leaving. “Okay, well, bye.” Lay excused himself before he his heel and disappeared. “He wants to meet me again.” the girl whispered out with a smile on her lips. Maybe, just maybe she stood a chance after all.