57

Miss. Trouble

 

Pain was the first thing Kris felt when his eyes fluttered open and he glanced down at his arm, which was wrapped in a huge bandage. "." he muttered under his breath, far from pleased. If only he'd been able to escape. It would've saved him a lot of money, especially as he couldn't work with such an injury. A gentle tug on his other hand caused his heart to leap and he glanced over. Shock engulfed him as he saw Leerang, who were seated in a chair next to the bed, her hands gripping onto his whilst her head rested on the bed. It looked really uncomfortable, and worry washed over him the second he caught sight of the cast she wore around her left arm. He couldn't remember too much, only snippets here and there.

The door creaked open a few moment later and a nurse made her way over. "You're awake. How do you feel?" he'd been better, that was one thing for sure, "I wouldn't mind some painkillers." Kris made a face as an intense wave of pain swept over yet again. "I'll see what I can do." he noticed how the woman gave Leerang a once-over, as if something bothered her, before leaving. Silence filled the air and he took the time to let his gaze roam the surroundings, only to settle it on Leerang when she let out a low snore. His heart swelled and he felt an immense gratitude towards her and the fact that she'd stayed.

The door was pushed open once more and the same nurse headed inside whilst holding onto a needle. "I'm going to give you a small dose of morphine. The pain will be taken away momentarily and it'll give you a chance to get some sleep." he nodded and then glanced over at Leerang whilst the nurse did her job. Needles had never really been his thing. "There, it's done." Kris heaved a small sigh of relief before speaking, "is it possible to get a bed for her?" he motioned with his eyes at Leerang. "I'm sorry. I can't do that." the nurse sent the girl a disapproving look, as she was not supposed to be there at all. No visitors were allowed to stay overnight. "Okay." Kris wasn't going to argue further, not in his state. However, he couldn't just let Leerang sleep like that. Her neck would end up hurting and the quality of her sleep would be poor.

Slipping out of bed he made his way around so that he stood before the younger girl. He would've picked her up with ease if hadn't been for his stupid arm. But he couldn't now. "Leerang." gently did he nudge her side as to wake her up. There was a low stir from Leerang's side right before she sat up, her eyes still half closed, "I want to sleep." a small smile graced his lips whilst he moved about to wrap his uninjured arm around her waist, "soon." with that said did he help Leerang over to the bed, careful enough to not make the girl uncomfortable, as he placed her so she was lying on her side with the injured arm resting on her waist. "Now you can sleep." she fell back into slumberland whilst Kris headed around and settled himself down next to her. Not wanting to risk anything he s his arm around her waist and pulled her towards him so that she was flushed against his body. "I'm being greedy again." he felt a pang of indescribable pain erupt inside his heart at the thought of being left alone, and the ordeal caused him to press her even closer towards him, "please, don't ever leave me." if he could, he would never let her go. But then again, the decision wasn't only for him to make and he couldn't force her into something she didn't want.

Leerang's eyelids fluttered open a couple of hours later and the girl yawned whilst trying to sit up. Something made it impossible though, and she glanced up, only to be greeted by Kris' sleeping form. Several thoughts made themselves known and Leerang felt herself blush when he pushed at her waist to pull her even closer. Her heart was beating so violently it felt like it was going to jump out of her chest. No other boy had caused such overwhelming emotions to bloom and Leerang gulped when she caught sight of his lips. They were slightly parted and small puffs of air tickled her forehead every time he breathed out, and even though embarrassed the girl snuggled into his chest, believing that such an opportunity would never come her way a second time.

Kris woke a few moments later, his arm throbbed in pain due to the uncomfortable position he'd had it when sleeping. But it was worth it, especially after have looked at the younger girl and seen that she was awake. "Good morning." Leerang tensed and her cheeks flushed an even brighter shade of red after she'd given him a quick glance, "m -morning." her eyes shut close in total humiliation. Why did she have to stutter? "I hope you don't mind but you seemed really uncomfortable last night." huh, but how could he have gotten her to sleep there, in the hospital bed? What about his arm? An alarm sounded in her head and thinking that he was laying on it she tried to inch away and give him space. The effort was put to a stop though, because Kris refused to let her move back, "you're going to fall off the bed." he tugged her closer and made no attempt to let go, thus causing butterflies and all sort of love things to jump around in joy and excitement.

It didn't take long however, before she remembered Luhan's words. The suffering he must've endured was far beyond anything she'd been through and it made her realize that her life was maybe not so horrible after all. Mustering up some courage the girl spoke, "Luhan told me." they had to talk about it, and the sooner the better. "What did he tell you?" Kris was suddenly afraid and scared that Leerang would be upset. "About Sun Yoo." she dared a quick glance at him, only to regret it immediately because he seemed to be in a lot of pain. "You loved her, didn't you?" she had no right to ask such a question, but her heart pushed her into doing it. "Yes." to talk about Sun Yoo was something he hadn't done in years and it felt strange discussing the topic again, even more so since another person was involved in the mess. Lay. "I'm sorry." Leerang avoided his heated gaze as she couldn't help but to think of all the stuff they must've done together. It shouldn't have bothered her this much, but it did. "Yeah, well. It's in the past now." Kris brushed it off. He had no desire to talk about Sun Yoo anymore.

"He brought up another thing, too." everything Luhan told her the previous day would stay with Leerang for a long time to come, "it was about Lay. That he aren't nice." she was trying to get Kris to talk, to get him to reveal more, "there was something else as well, about his father." his whole body language changed and Leerang knew she'd said far too much, "sorry, I… -." not knowing how the end the sentence she cut herself short. It was inconsiderate of her to bring up a past he probably did not want to talk about. "No. Luhan's right. Lay is not nice." to evolve further wasn't necessary, "I'll tell you another time, about Lay's father." the ordeal was one he didn't want to bring up there. Not when others could hear. So, Luhan had told the truth, it was something after all.

Deciding to change the subject he asked why she'd been at the hospital in the first place. His question sparked unwanted emotions for Leerang though, and she frowned, "I got a sister." or replacement or whatever her mother decided upon. Well, she guessed it was a good thing as the older woman would pay less attention to her. The revelation surprised Kris, "you don't want a sister?" it wasn't entirely that simple, as the sibling part was not the problem. Her mother was and the way the woman expressed herself during the pregnancy. "I just don't want her to go through everything I have." the pressure of not living up to the expectations, and then also having to deal with her mother's all stunts weren't anything Leerang wished for her sister to experience. "I know you don't believe me. But trust me, it's not been easy." the girl smiled, an action that took Kris' breath away, before she explained how she'd moved into her father's house permanently. "Your fabulous life in gangnam isn't enough?" laughter erupted from the depth of and she gave his chest a light shove, "very funny."

Leerang realized something whilst she lay there, glancing up at the older male. How much easier it was to be with him. No fancy things were needed and he didn't require a lot of money to be happy. Plus, he made her feel at ease. It wasn't like Lay, who intimidated the girl and caused her to be uneasy.

"Actually. Luhan said something else, too." her gaze averted elsewhere for a brief second before she settled it on his lips. "What?" this was truly it. Leerang were going to risk about everything she had left. "T -that you love me. Is it t -true?" there was no turning back now and her heart dropped at the several thoughts that invaded her mind. It was after all possible that Luhan had lied to make her feel better. Silence followed and Leerang understood, "s -sorry I sh -." a hasty tug at her waist and she was flushed against him once more, his breath tickling her skin as he spoke, "yes. I do love you.”