52

Miss. Trouble

 

Carefully did she glance out, towards where Kris was standing. He couldn't have seen her because he was still rooted to the same spot. The troubled look he sported confused her though. He'd never showed up at her school before, so why now? Right at that moment did he look up, and Leerang panicked. It wouldn't look good if Jungah saw the two of them together, especially as she were yet to tell the other girl about Kris. However, to just let him stand there weren't fair either. "What am I supposed to do?" without even thinking did she bury her head in the palm of her hands, the pain was immediate and Leerang let out a low screech. Seoyoung's nails must've pierced her skin pretty deep for it to hurt so much, and she could only hope that it wouldn't leave any scars behind.

Leerang had been so deep into her thoughts she hadn't heard anyone approaching, therefore did she let out another screech when skin connected with her own. "Relax, it's just me." Jungah was surprised, she'd never witnessed Leerang behave in such a way before, something that made her extremely worried, "are you alright? Did anything happen?" for all Jungah knew, Seoyoung could've tried to hurt Leerang even more. One could never be certain, not when it came to Seoyoung.

"I -I'm fine. I didn't see you coming so you scared me." the girl drew in a deep breath, as if to calm herself. It didn't particularly work though, since all she could think about was him. Because, what would Jungah think of her if she explained that she'd lied about Kris? "Oh." relief swept over Jungah she heaved a deep sigh, "good god. I thought something had happened to you." well, it sort of had. There was an incoming disaster standing outside that very door and Leerang was scared to death. "Why do you look so pale then?" her pulse increased even more and she gulped down, "actually, I haven't told you about one thing." Leerang was ashamed. She'd never meant to lie, but it had been the most convenient at the time, "you know that guy, the one from the art exhibition?" Jungah nodded, she remembered him quite well, "what about him?"

"I lied that time, and at the café…" she cut herself short, as an uneasy feeling bubbled up within. What if Jungah lashed out on her? But she couldn't keep on lying either, since the other girl were bound to know about Kris sometime, especially as he was her friend. "I do know that guy." several seconds passed by and the girl prepared for the worst, that it would be the end of their friendship. Leerang would totally understand if something like that happened. "Why didn't you say anything?" her reason was probably going to sound stupid, but it was the truth, one she was going to stick to this time around, "because I didn't know where I had him. We barely knew each other at the time and like you saw, he's hard to get close to." Leerang shuddered at the memories, how mean and unfriendly Kris had been in the beginning. "Hmm. Still, you should've told me." the other girl sulked, but she wasn't angry, which was a relief. "You're right and I'm sorry for not telling y -." the sentence was briskly interrupted by a bunch of girls, who were screaming and shouting about some good-looking boy who were standing at the gate. It didn't dawn on her at first. In fact, it was actually Jungah who caused her to remember that Kris was standing at the gate, waiting. "What is he doing here? OMG, are you dating? Why didn't you say something?" question after question was sent at her and Leerang blinked, "what? NO. I don't know what he's doing here."

Several girls were crowded around the older male when they stepped out in the late september weather, the air was slowly getting colder and she'd even brought gloves with her to school. "Is it just me or does he look annoyed?" Jungah was right, he seemed quite bothered by the commotion. But it was understandable. She wouldn't be delighted either, if unfamiliar people invaded her personal space. "Yeah." slightly uncertain of what to do the girl stood rooted a couple of meters from him. For all Leerang knew he could be waiting for someone else. "Aren't you going to talk to him?" Seoyoung advanced forward before the girl was given an opportunity, thus pushing other girls out of the way. "There's no point now." really, she wouldn't stand a chance once Seoyoung set her eyes on something. The other girl got everything she wanted, including boys. So why would Kris be an exception?

What Leerang didn't know though, was that he had no desire to get to know Seoyoung. Kris wasn't the slightest interested, therefore did he also ignore the unfamiliar girl as she tried to work her magic on him, something that irritated him to the point where he told her to shut up. "I'm waiting for someone, so if you could leave then that would be great." Seoyoung gaped, no one had ever rejected her in such a way before, "aren't you a bit too much." the male sighed, he was starting to regret the decision of showing up there. Well, that was until he actually took notice of Leerang, who was staring right back at him. His lips drew into a thin line when he saw the compress on her cheek, one that hadn't been there the previous day.

"He's heading over, what should I do?" the girl panicked, a feeling that only got worse as Seoyoung and a lot of other girls glared at her. "You got condoms right?" her cheeks flushed bright red, "Jungah!" how did condoms have anything to do with the situation. "What, he obviously likes you." Leerang shook her head, "such a thing is impossible." if so, then why did her heart jump around in joy? "Seriously. I don't know any boy who would wait for another girl if he didn't like her." Jungah winked at her and she felt… weird for some reason. "Not true." she was about to explain further when another voice joined in, "what's not true?" in pure instinct did Leerang glance at him, only to look the other way once she realized what she were doing, "n -nothing." heat rose to her cheeks, she couldn't stop thinking about what Jungah had said. For him to be interested in someone like her was just… never going to happen. "We we're just talking about how I need to leave for my after school class or I'll be late." an awkward smile grew on Leerang's lips because it was all lies. Jungah didn't attend any after school classes. Not that she knew of. "I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye." the other girl headed for the gates, thus leaving Leerang to fend for herself. Normally, it wouldn't have bothered her, but after Jungah's little speech it'd become rather awkward. Even Kris realized that something was wrong, as the younger girl was acting out of the ordinary, "what's going on?" not knowing how to deal with it Leerang panicked a second time, and she hurried towards the gates and the world outside them. Simply because her mind couldn't stop replaying the words, he likes you.

Oh god, what if Seoyoung was going to make her life even worse? The other girl had looked fuming mad when Kris, instead of paying attention, walked right up to Leerang. Being so indulged into her own thoughts she neither heard Kris calling out for her from behind, nor did she notice the wet leaves in front. The incoming danger approached fast and Leerang went flying back when she slipped, "aaaah!" hands grasped onto her shoulders though, before she was given the chance to prepare for impact. And instead of lying on the ground was she staring right up at Kris, his lips were pressed together and his expression unreadable. Leerang was certain she'd made him upset. Hopefully could he understand, that her life was a total chaos and that she had no idea what he was to her. The girl had always seen him as nothing more than a friend. But her heart was slowly starting to tell her otherwise.

What none of the two knew was that Lay had seen it all. Everything from Kris chasing after the girl to her slipping on the wet leaves. It'd come to a point where he had to get rid of the other male, it was the only way now. And he knew exactly the way of doing so, especially after having noticed that someone else was staring right at Leerang and Kris, too. If he'd only done it sooner.

The girl had barely managed to straighten up before Kris spoke, "don't run, you'll only hurt yourself." hearing him say such a thing made it hard to believe how cold he'd been towards her at first. "Speaking of which, what have you done to your cheek?" the male could only guess as Leerang refused to tell him, something that made him even more irritated, "fine. You obviously have nothing to say so I'll leave." she was not the only one acting out of character, Kris was doing so as well, and he had no idea why he was so fired up. "No!" Leerang grabbed onto his hand, it was cold and she shivered whilst wondering how long he'd been waiting for her, "you're freezing." immediately did she feel bad for being so inconsiderate, and she reached for her backpack and the pair of gloves once she'd let go of his hand. "Here, use these." Kris glanced between the pink, knitted gloves and Leerang, "don't change the subject." he was far from amused, "are someone bullying you?" the question was met with silence as she refused to answer. Whether someone was bullying her or not wasn't important, not when it'd been going on for nearly three years. "Leerang!" the girl flinched at the hard tone, and she tensed when he grasped onto her wrists, "don't you understand. No one has the right to hurt you." what did he know, he'd obviously never been bullied.

"I know. But I don't care anymore." she lashed out, "there's no reason to bother when everyone else ignores the problem." felt dry, she could barely believe she'd revealed the truth to another person. "Then, who did that?" Leerang had already said too much, therefore did she tell him that it didn't matter. "But it does." why was he getting so worked up all of a sudden? "No it doesn't. And I don't need either your pity or help." the girl snapped. It was a defense mechanism, one she'd build up when people put a certain pressure on her. Unfortunately did her emotions take over sometimes and she would lose all control of her temper. "Fine." Kris heaved a deep sigh, he was more sad than angry though, before he his heel and left.

She frowned, a heavy feeling weight down on her heart, and it hurt more than ever to watch him walk away.

"Good job Leerang. You've managed to push yet another person away."