58

Miss. Trouble

 

She was seated in the living room at her mother's house, Kris' words ringing in her ears whilst her mother was yelling at the said girl, "haven't I told you to stay away from that boy." Leerang was deaf to the harsh comments thrown her way because the only thing she heard was Kris and how he'd said that he loved her. Like really, with words and an almost kiss. A kiss her mother interrupted by walking into the room. "Are you even listening to me?" absentmindedly she nodded her head even though she paid absolutely no attention to anything her mother way saying.

"What are people going to think if they found out my daughter spent the night with some poor commoner. He's a nobody and not worthy of your time." Leerang had first set out to ignore and let the whole conversation slip, but not anymore. Frustrated and angered by the accusations the girl voiced out her irritation, "you don't know anything about him." and it was with a stern look she glared at the older woman, "and if there's someone who's not worthy it's me." he was kind, good hearted and did his best to help out his mother and friends. "You've always been the one to take my decision, but it's my time now. I'm old enough to make them myself." not wanting to hear any more she headed for the door, "don't think I'm going to let this matter slip so easily."

Lay and his parents greeted the girl once she'd pulled the door open, "why are you here?" her mother hadn't said a word about them coming over, something that made Leerang even more anxious to get the hell out of there. "Your mother invited us over." baffled the girl blinked, "o -okay." she took a step to the side, thus letting them inside. "What did you do to your arm?" she shrugged her shoulder at Lay's question. There was no need to talk about it. "Are you going somewhere?" Lay asked whilst giving her a small smile. His expression though, caused nothing to happen within. There was no heart jump or fluttering butterflies. The feelings were all gone. "Yes." he looked surprised at the outburst, even more as it was the first time she'd actually not been affected by his presence. No stuttering or avoiding his gaze. "Should I take you?" Leerang shook her head, it would probably not end well if he did, "I'll take the bus." her mother appeared however, before she managed to head out the door, "you're not seeing that kid, do you understand." Lay's interest sparked and he glanced between the girl and her mother, who continued, "I'm not going to let you be with him." Leerang's mood dropped to a new low as she watched the woman stalk away. No one had the right to tell her who she could be with.

"Who is she talking about?" the girl spun around to face the older male, his heated gaze bore right into her own and she gulped. To bring up Kris wasn't a good idea, "someone." Lay felt his blood begin to boil. He weren't stupid, of course he knew who she was referring to. "Someone? Do you have a secret boyfriend?" the male was toying with her again, something Leerang played along with for the very first time, "I guess you could say that." she wanted to laugh when his face fell. The reaction though, brought new light to the whole situation, and Luhan and Kris' words were suddenly dawning on the said girl. "Well. He wouldn't have been my secret boyfriend if you'd acted first." it was true since Lay was her first choice, at least months ago. But he'd done nothing about it and Leerang had now come to realize she was in love with Kris. "I mean. I did love you once." everything was so absurd, especially since she normally lacked the courage to speak so freely. "But that's in the past now."

Lay's nails dug further and further into the palm of his hands throughout the conversation. He'd screwed up big time. "Do you think I'm just going to let you go?" no ing way he was doing so. Lay weren't letting Kris win. "It doesn't matter because I've already let you go." there was no point in chasing after someone who obviously didn't feel the same. Leerang knew, because she'd done that for so long. "So you love Kris now?" he breathed in, his eyes flashing in anger whilst he slowly inched closer, "is that what you're trying to say?" the real him were starting to show, and the facade he'd been putting up was cracking, piece by piece. Leerang didn't notice it though, "yes." she'd finally admitted it out loud. But the sense of relief was short-lived as she continued, "everything you said, everything you did, it was to trick me into believing that you were nice." really old memories made themselves known and the girl remembered the first time she laid her eyes on him. It'd been during a party at one of her mother's friends. The one where she'd fallen into a swimming pool and pulled Baekhyun down with her. Lay's words that day hadn't exactly impressed the girl and she had come to understand why. His snarky comment was throughout rude and inappropriate.

"Lay, Leerang. Can you two come." her mother called out for them, but the girl remained rooted to the spot. "Aren't you supposed to obey?" Leerang's right hand clenched into a fist and whatever he was trying to accomplish was not going to work. "Like Sun Yoo did?" his whole body language changed and she knew she'd gone too far the second he snapped, "shut up." never before had Lay used profanity and the choice of words caused Leerang's eyes to widen in shock. "You're just a stupid girl who doesn't know a single thing." laughter could be heard from the living room, the sound echoed in her ears whilst she stared at Lay. He looked downright furious.

"I'm not through with you." a shiver of fear ran down her spine just as her mother appeared, "what are you two doing. Get inside the living room, now." having had enough of it all Leerang her heel and dashed out the door. She was so finished with Lay and everything and everyone in the east. People like that were definitely not welcomed in her life anymore and she wondered why no one had warned her. Not even Chanyeol had done so. The older male was someone she called whilst on her way to the closest bus stop. "Leerang hello." his deep, joyous tone filled her ear and she sighed, "Yeol, why didn't you tell me about Lay. You could've told me the truth about him and how he actually was." silenced followed and she waited. The life around her proceeded whilst hers took a small break, at least until Chanyeol replied, "I thought of it several times. But ended up saying nothing. I mean, would you have listened?" probably not. "Sorry. I just feel so stupid right now." that was the least one could say. "What do you mean? What has he done?" his voice sounded alarmed and the fact that he worried brought warmth to her heart. He truly cared. "Actually, I think I did something this time." Lay had looked far from pleased when the girl left, which was kind of understandable after she'd brought up Sun Yoo. "WHAT?" huh, did he think she couldn't? "yeah, I sort of mentioned Sun Yoo's name by accident." it'd slipped from Leerang's lips in a manner so not like her. "Really? What about your feelings for him then?" she was glad to answer that they had vanished into thin air, "completely gone."

Twenty minutes later was she seated on the bus, which were heading for the north and Kris. Leerang was finally going to confess since she hadn't been given the chance earlier that morning when her mother ruined it all. The whole situation back at the hospital would give the girl nightmares for days to come, and she were relieved no one else had witnessed the event.

Leerang's pulse had reached a new record by the time she reached the café, a few girls stood around her, whispering and pointing, whilst she tried to clear her mind. To make a fool out of herself wasn't anything unusual, but she would rather skip that part this time. But what was she even supposed to say? Would it be alright to just walk up and confess? Another part of her disagreed as it would be too blunt and straightforward. Oh god, her head was in a total mess and all rational and sane thoughts as well. Nothing seemed to be working in that brain of hers. Just do it. A sudden wave of courage pushed the girl to enter, the loud chattering of Kris' friends greeted her in the door and the moment of braveness disappeared. Frozen to the spot she let her gaze move over to the only occupied table, thus attracting attention from Luhan who motioned for the girl to come. Every one of them noticed and turned to glance at her. Even Kris, whose lips lit up in a smile. That simple yet great action encourage Leerang once more and she made her way over.

Coming to a stop right next to Kris she glanced down at him, or more precisely, his lips, before she reached out and placed a hand under his chin, which she tilted up to meet her lips. The contact was delicate and a bit hesitant from Leerang's side, but the boy didn't seem to mind as he s his hand around her neck, thus pulling her even closer.