41

Miss. Trouble

 

Leerang didn’t know why she’d followed with. But guessed it had something to do with the horrendous party she simply wanted to escape from. However, the girl wished she’d stayed behind when the whole situation finally dawned and it became obvious why Kai and Sehun needed help. A fight had broken out and the ones they were fighting against was none other than two of Kris’ friends. She’d never witnessed anything like it before and stood rooted to the spot as both Lay and Baekhyun ran to help out. Her heart was beating fast and she gulped down when seeing how Kai planted his fist in the other boy’s face, thus causing blood to flow. “LEERANG GO HOME.” someone shouted, but all she did was blink. Her body had frozen to the spot, unable to move anywhere.

Footsteps could be heard and Leerang was right about to turn around when a pair of arms circled around her waist from behind. “Keep quiet.” the voice was all too familiar, yet, her body tensed as he pressed himself into her back, “what’s going on?” the girl wanted to know what was happening and why they were fighting. “Shhh.” she felt her heart skip a beat when he called out for everyone’s attention, something he also got as they all turned to face him. “LET GO OF HER.” Lay was furious, more so since the younger girl was embraced by his worst enemy. “Hm, I don’t think so.” Leerang’s cheeks flushed and her eyes widened when Kris buried his face in the crook of her neck, puffs of air ghosted across the sensitive skin and the girl felt weak in her knees.

“Didn’t I tell you to let her go.” Lay was right about to stalk forward, as there was no chance he would let the older male touch her, when Kris reached up and put his hand at , “you wouldn’t want me to hurt her, would you?” the other male came to an immediate stop, but he was far from fooled, “I don’t believe you.” a smirk grew on Kris’ lips, “you should, considering the fact that you know what I’m capable of.” Leerang glanced ahead whilst a sense of terror began to build up within, the whole situation was scaring her to the point where she wanted to escape from there, “let me go, please.” hearing her plea tore right into his heart, but Kris had no other choice if he wanted to save his friends, who were greatly outnumbered. Both Luhan and Suho were severely injured with countless of bruises and cuts.

"You won't hurt her." Lay began to inch closer, but with every step did Kris force the younger girl back, "hyung." Suho coughed from his place on the hard asphalt, he knew Kris would never hurt her. Kai however, had other things in mind if the older male didn't do as told, "listen to your friend. Let go of Leerang and we'll let your little friends leave." it wasn't the first time something like that took place, they'd run into each other far too often in the past. Not only because of what'd happened between Lay, Sun Yoo and Kris. But also because of what Lay's father had done to Kris’ mother. "Who said I was going to hurt her?" Kris could reveal the truth then and there if he so wanted, how the other male was known for his ways of toying around with girls. "What do you mean?" Lay's eyebrows furrowed in both confusion and fear. Everything would be destroyed if Kris blurted out things that were none of his concern. "I think you know."

"HYUNG." Tao, Chen and Xiumin made themselves known as they came into view, and Leerang began to slowly understand how terrible it was going to end. "Why is she here?" Tao questioned as soon as he saw the girl, who'd begun to cry. Leerang couldn't help it though, as she'd never thought Kris could do something like that towards her. "She was already here when I showed up." Kris tightened the hold he had around her waist, and that before he met eyes with Lay, "how are we going to solve this?" not wanting to take the risk of getting exposed Lay had no other option but to give in, "fine. But Leerang first a -." Kris cut in before the male got to finish the sentence, "I decide, not you." it felt nice having the upper hand, even more so since he could end the whole ordeal with just a few words. On the contrary though, was it not certain Leerang would believe it, something Kris was afraid she wouldn't.

Barely a moment later did police sirens sound, “hyung we should leave, now.” Tao had no wish of spending even more time inside the police station, especially not as his parents were getting furious at him and his constant luck of ending up in fights. Leerang was probably the one who were most terrified, as her mother would make a huge deal of it all, “Kris, please.” her voice was nothing more than a mere whisper, one the said male ignored whilst he stood rooted to the same spot, with his arms secured around the younger girl. “Alright. Kai, Sehun step aside." Lay's father would kill him if he ended up in a police car, therefore did he give in. It wasn't worth it. Not when he had other things he could threaten Kris with. “Go get your friends and then you’ll hand Leerang over.” the situation was like taken out of an action movie, with hostages, police sirens and an empty, dim lit parking lot. The only difference was that this was real.

Leerang watched, horrified, as Kris’ two friends needed help to get up, blood trickled down their faces whilst they stood and unconsciously did she press herself even closer to the male standing behind her. The hand he’d had rested against slipped down and settle right above her collarbone. “You got your friends back, now let go of Leerang.” Kris smirked from his place as the sounds of the police sirens closed in, “sorry, but I think I’m going to keep her.” the girl couldn’t even fight against him as his grip only tightened when she did.

“I never agreed on anything.” Kris said, he was immensely satisfied seeing the look of anger the other male displayed. “Hyung, we need to leave.” Lay ignored Kai’s statement, the only thing on his mind was to get Leerang away from Kris, an ordeal that didn’t seem to work out too well. “HYUNG.” both Kai, Sehun and Baekhyun were getting eager to leave, as none of them wanted to end up at the police station. On the other side was Tao, Chen and Xiumin literally begging Kris to let it go so they could get the hell out of there. But neither Lay nor Kris would move from their spots. Not until the police cars came into view, with their blinking lights and ear defending sirens.

Wearing high heels became a huge problem the second Kris dragged her along, “hurry.” it was definitely not easy and Leerang had no idea why he’d let the situation turn into a race from the police. “You’ll have to run faster.” he had to be kidding, it was impossible to run much faster in five inch heels. Plus, the older male’s legs were considerably longer than hers. “I can’t.” Leerang would risk breaking her own legs if she did, something the girl had no desire to do, therefore did she come to an abrupt stop. “This is your fault.” her outburst was bold, but Kris brushed it away, as they had no time to spare, “do you want to get home in a police car?” Leerang glared up at him whilst pulling at her hand, “let go.” she was angry at him, he shouldn’t have done the things he did. “You’re just a big bully.” the girl knew he had a temper, but still, Kris scared her back there. “Fine.” her hand slipped from his, “do what you want.”

She was actually a bit surprised when Kris, a few seconds later, left her standing there, in an area she knew nothing of. “How am I supposed to get home?” Leerang had no idea how to navigate between the unfamiliar streets as she’d never been to that part of Seoul. The police sirens in the background weren’t exactly helping either. “Why must I always be so big-mouthed around him.” she spun around, to go back wasn’t an option considering the consequences, therefore did she slowly head forward in the same direction Kris disappeared off to. Her feet ached with every step she took and it came to a point where Leerang could barely take it anymore. All those thoughts however, vanished into thin air when she heard footsteps, something that wouldn’t have sparked so much interest if it weren’t for the fact that they were closing in fast. The police, it had to be them.

“YOU THERE, STOP.” Leerang freaked out upon hearing the dark, male voice. And she hurried down the street as fast as she possibly could without stumbling. A task easier said than done as the girl was far from used to run in high heels, and there were several moments when she almost fell, “I can’t do this.” her feet were aching too much already. “Just give up, it’s not like your life aren’t screwed anyways.” it didn’t matter whether the things she did were good or bad because her mother found flaws in everything either how. But before she was given the chance to give up did Kris make himself known again, “why did you come back?” it was safe to say she was taken aback, she’d thought he would’ve left already. “Because I knew this would happen.” and because I turned my back on Sun Yoo when she needed me the most, he added in his mind.