24

Miss. Trouble

 


The week of being grounded was officially over and Leerang was on her way to her father. It was his birthday and she’d made sure to not miss it, something the girl had done the previous year due to her mother, who’d forced Leerang to follow with on a vacation to Malaysia. She’d felt immensely bad about it since the male had no one else to celebrate with. “I’m not going to let him down this year.” the girl glanced down on the plastic bag in her hand, one that was filled to the brim with birthday gifts. “I hope he’ll like them.” Leerang wouldn’t know what to do otherwise. Finding gifts to buy wasn’t really her forte, but it’d been quite easy nonetheless, as she knew about how her father was trying to quit with the soju. So, she’d bought him a coffee machine, high class beans and then a coffee grinder. The only bad part was that the bag was awfully heavy, which wasn’t too weird considering how much all the things must weigh.

Unfortunately though, was the heavy bag not the only thing bothering her. The humid weather and the fact that she was pressed against other people in the crowded bus made it even more bothersome. It was warm and the smell was horrid. The older man right in front of her stepped back all of a sudden, something that caused the sharp ends of the gifts to press into the flesh of her bare legs. Without a choice did she move back, thus freeing herself from the pain. But the action resulted in her being pushed up against someone else. Unable to move anywhere Leerang gasped when feeling a hand brush along her leg, the feeling of it made goose bumps form on her skin.

Everything became even worse when the hand moved farther up towards her knee and thigh. The girl couldn’t move away due to the nonexistent space. Not knowing what to do she closed her eyes, as if the situation would ease just because of that. It didn’t. If anything did it only get worse and Leerang sobbed when the hand reached up under her skirt. No one seemed to see what was going on, something that left her helpless. All of a sudden though, did the bus come to an abrupt stop, an ordeal that caused her and a lot of others to fly forward. The plastic bag swung forward too, before it came rushing towards her in such a speed that she, out of pure horror, moved out of the way. Instead of it hitting her did it smash right into the face of the teenage boy who’d been feeling her up.

Stunned by the impact she blinked as the male stared up at her, “what the did you do.” blood was trickling down from his nose and Leerang gulped down when he straightened up. “Stupid , you broke my nose.” out of pure instinct did she apologize, “I -I’m really s -sorry.” the boy looked even more furious than Kris had ever been. It was scary actually and she didn’t know how to deal with what was happening. “WHAT’S GOING ON?” Leerang could literally feel the sweat forming on her forehead when the bus driver pulled over and stopped. “This girl broke my nose on purpose.” huh, that wasn’t true. She would never do such a thing. However, before she even got the chance to defend herself did the driver yell, “OUT, THE BOTH OF YOU.”

Standing on the sidewalk she stared after the bus as it drove away. The male had already left with several cuss words slipping from his lips. She’d sort of feared that he would’ve done something when they stepped off. Luckily had such a thing not taken place and the girl was left to question what she was going to do, wait for the next bus or simply walk. The latter of the two would definitely be more troublesome, especially with the heavy plastic bag in her hand, but to wait another thirty minutes in the burning sun would probably be even worse. It wasn’t that far either, maybe a kilometre or so.

Leerang was panting hard when she’d reached halfway. In the midst of it all could she not help but to wonder why she, too, had needed to step off when it’d been an accident. She shuddered when remembering how he’d been running his hand along her leg. The male’s action made other memories surface and Leerang sighed as Kai and Sehun came to mind. The two boys were causing her much discomfort. “Stupid, why must they act like that?” she kicked about with her foot, one that met with a pebble that went flying. The small stone hit someone in the back and Leerang averted her gaze elsewhere when the person spun around. There had already been enough trouble for one day and she didn’t want yet another incident to take place. Trying to look innocent the girl continued to walk forward.

Small pearls of sweat had formed on her forehead and she decided to take a pause when reaching a supermarket. Leerang was in desperate need of something to drink. Unfortunately though, was she far from alone, “yo, stalker girl.” Tao called out when seeing the familiar girl enter, however, she paid no attention to him or any of his friends. Mainly because her name wasn’t stalker girl. “Seems like she’s forgotten you.” Xiumin joked and hi-fived Tao who laughed aloud. Kris ignored them both, but couldn’t help but to glance her way. Maybe she’d come to understand that he had no interest in her.

“Hyu -.” Suho cut himself short when he saw what Kris was staring at, his head tilted to the side whilst a devilish plan formed in his head. The taller male hadn’t taken notice of how Suho had gotten the other four boys to look at him. “And he said he wasn’t interested.” Xiumin whispered. All of them knew though, how much their leader had been hurt, and still was by Sun Yoo. Therefore did it arrive as a surprise when Kris let his gaze remain settled on the girl, who was in the middle of choosing something to drink. “Shouldn’t someone help?” Luhan pointed out as they all watched how Leerang was trying to reach for the bottle of beverage. “Hyung you’re the tallest, you help.” Suho suggested but Kris had no desire of doing so, it would only give her the wrong thoughts, “no.” he grabbed onto the water bottle he’d just bought before walking out of there, thus leaving the other five confused. “I thought he liked her?” Suho was probably the most bewildered, he’d been more than certain that Kris had a thing for the younger girl. “You do know that one doesn’t need to be madly in love with someone just to look at them.” Chen explained.

Leerang let out a sigh of relief when she managed to get a hold of the bottle. The object however, slipped from her hand and ended up smashing against her head on its way down towards the floor. Laughter could be heard from the other side and her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. It didn’t seem to matter where Leerang was because she always succeeded in humiliating herself everywhere she went. “Just pay for the soda and leave.” she bent down to retrieve the bottle, and that before heading over to the cashier. More laughter met her ears when she almost tripped on the way out of there. It seemed to be one of those days were everything went wrong.

Stopping right outside she wrapped her hand around the bottle, an immense force came surging out and Leerang hurried to point the opening elsewhere when soda began to fly all over the place. The drop must’ve been enough to cause such a reaction. “What the .” the strained voice startled her and she turned around in haste, her eyes widening at the sight of a drenched Kris. His hair and face were soaked in the sugar-rich drink. Taken aback by the situation she couldn’t even bring herself to say sorry. Instead did Leerang search for something to wash away the liquid with, only to feel her gaze land upon the water bottle in his hand. Kris reacted first, after that she’d snatched the bottle away and was about to splash the content in his face. His hand shot out and grasped onto her wrist, “don’t even think about it.” he spoke through gritted teeth, not the slightest pleased by what she’d caused.

Panicking she tried to pull back, the touch of his skin against her own made Leerang uncomfortable. Kris however, had no intention of letting her go, not until she cleared up the mess. “What are you going to do about this?” his question was met with complete silence, as Leerang paid no attention to anything else but his hand that was attached to hers. He couldn’t just do that, keep her there against her own will. “Are you even listening?” Kris received no answer that time either.

Fine, if she wouldn’t help then she’d have to suit herself. Extending his other hand he snatched the bottle of water back, and that before he poured the whole content over the girl’s head. Leerang froze in her actions when feeling the cold water run down her skin. Stunned she glanced up to meet his gaze, “w -what did you do?” Kris shrugged his shoulders in a childish manner, “sorry, I must’ve missed my mouth.” the girl felt like crying, he’d so done it on purpose.

“He so likes her.” Xiumin announced as the five of them kept their eyes glued to the sight taking place right outside the window, “maybe.” Luhan was a bit hesitant, their leader’s action could’ve been nothing else but pure payback for the soda. “Maybe? Are you serious. Can’t you see the smile on his lips.” Suho exaggerated, the huge smile he ‘saw’ was in fact nowhere close to reality. “Smile, I think it’s time for you to visit the optician.” Tao joked. “Just wait, I’m going to be right in the end, and then you’ll all have to bow down to the mighty Suho.” the boy laughed, thus earning looks from the other four, “I think he needs a mental hospital.”