64

Miss. Trouble

 


Leerang stirred awake, her eyes fluttering open to the sight of a sleeping Kris. How she’d ended up in the same bed as him she didn’t know. But it’d come to a point where she no longer cared about it either, not after what had happened in the hospital. The memories from that day resurfaced and Leerang blushed when remembering how Kris had been so blunt about his feelings, how he’d revealed he was in love with her. It was a nice feeling though, to be loved. And she wouldn’t want to trade it for anything in the world.

Movement from his side caused her eyes to snap shut, and it was only then that she noticed how his hand pressed against the small of her back. A shiver ran up Leerang’s spine and her heart fluttered at the feeling of his hand brushing against her skin. The shirt she wore had somehow rode up and thus given him the chance to slip his hand under the fabric. Kris, who were still half-asleep and totally oblivious about the ordeal, pushed his hand further up Leerang’s back, thus causing goosebumps to form on her skin. It scared her since she’d never been that intimate with anyone before, “Kris.” his name was nothing more than a mere whisper, something that gave no effect whatsoever in her tries to wake him up. “Kris.” the said male made no attempt to answer, pretending that he was still asleep as he didn’t want the moment to end just yet. Instead did he flush her even closer so she was pressed against his body.

She tried to play it cool when his hand began to wander across her back, his warm skin sending shivers down her spine. But the reaction was inevitable and a low moan slipped from her lips even though she fought to keep her hormones in check. Embarrassed by herself she blushed a heavy shade of red, one that only intensified when Kris’ eyes fluttered open. “You’re not that innocent.” Leerang remained silent, she couldn’t believe he’d actually heard her little sound of humiliation, “sorry I -.” she was cut short by his lips. The suddenness of it all was so overwhelming that she gasped, immediately giving Kris a chance to let his tongue slip in. None of their kisses had ever been so intense and it showed, because Leerang was inexperienced and didn’t know what to do. But it didn’t seem to bother him though, since he continued ravishing her with his lips, tongue and hand, the latter who were still gracing the skin on her back.

And within a couple of minutes did Leerang find herself pinned to the mattress, with a slight out of breathe Kris hovering over her. The male pulled back though, “I’ll stop.” he wasn’t certain she was ready to take another step and decided to call it quits before it got out of hand. The action baffled the younger girl, who, after a moment or two, sat up. Leerang’s cheeks were flushed and she felt heat pool in the pit of her stomach once Kris’ intense gaze found hers, “you’re so beautiful.” the girl blinked at him, slightly taken aback by his words because no one had ever called her beautiful before. “And I love you so much.” hearing him say that caused all sorts of emotions to erupt within and it was becoming more and more known to her, how hard she’d fallen for the older male, “I love you, too.”

His lips came crashing against Leerang’s before she was given the chance to react, and it was with slight hesitation that she circled her hands around his neck and brought him even closer. He was needy, something the girl noticed when he, all of a sudden, pulled her onto his lap. The previous thoughts of taking it easy were long gone as he nipped and his way down her chin and throat, thus eliciting a moan from Leerang, who was so lost in the moment that she angled her head to give him better access. The teenage hormones were slowly taking over, engulfing her and causing her to feel incredible things. A feeling that only increased when his hand slipped under her shirt again. But that was as far as they got before the bedroom door slung open, “Leer -.” Lay cut himself short upon seeing the scene, his pulse skyrocketed and he felt his blood boil when Kris continued to plant kisses all over the girl. “YAH!” he couldn’t help it, the jealousy took over and he his heel and left, slamming the door shut behind. He didn’t want to see any more of that crap because it made him frustrated.

Retreating back downstairs Lay made his way over to the café, only to be greeted by Kris’ mother, who sat at a table, “good morning. Did you sleep well?” he nodded in reply, slightly unsure what to do next since they didn’t exactly know each other. “You don’t have to stand there.” the older woman motioned for him to take a seat, something he also did, but not without feeling a bit reluctant. “Do you want anything? Coffee? A sandwich maybe?” Lay shook his head, he didn’t have an appetite after having walked in on Kris and Leerang. The thought though, made him wonder whether they were on their way down or still in bed, making out. “You shouldn’t skip meals, it’s not good for your body.” Kris’ mother left to get some food from the kitchen, thus leaving Lay alone.

Not for long however, as both Kris and Leerang made themselves known a short moment later, the latter of the two wouldn’t even meet his gaze. An ordeal that bothered Lay more than anything. “Ever heard of knocking?” Kris questioned, sending the younger male a disapproving look whilst he placed himself down at the same table. He’d been pretty upset about being disturbed in such a manner, even more since Lay just barged in. “No.” and he was definitely not going to start either. “Well, I’d appreciate if you did that the next time.” Kris stated before turning towards Leerang, who kept her gaze fixed on the floor since she was still embarrassed about what’d taken place in the bedroom. They’d been so close to almost doing it.

“You’re all awake, good.” Kris’ mother appeared with a tray in her hands, one she settled down on the table with a low sigh, “I have something to tell you all.” Leerang glanced up just in time to see Lay and Kris look at each other, almost as if asking whether the other knew what was going on. “It’s about the café.” there was something with the way Kris’ mother spoke that made Leerang uneasy, and she could only hope her instincts were wrong as the woman continued, “I got a phone call this morning, from your father.” the mood changed in an instant and complete silence followed. Not even Lay said a word, which was quite remarkable since he normally had trouble keeping his mouth shut. “Mom, what did he say?” Kris didn’t like this at all. He feared that the café had been sold off in haste, so no one would be able to associate their father with him and his mother. All the money he’d gotten a hold of would be completely useless in that case. “Mom wha -” he realized what’d happened when seeing how tears rolled down his mother’s cheeks. It’d been sold. The café did no longer belong to them anymore.

Kris stood up, the chair slamming to the ground as a result of the violent move, “I’m going to ing kill him.” pure anger rushed through him as he headed for the door, and that whilst his mother called after him. But he wasn’t going to let the matter slip so easily. Arms wrapped around him from behind though, before he reached the door, “don’t do this.” he froze in his step upon hearing Leerang’s request. “Then what should I do? I can’t just let this pass.” to simply buy another place wouldn’t be the same, something he knew very well. “Can’t I... help?” it was definitely worth a try, even though the girl was far from certain whether she would be of any help, “I got some money and I could probably ask my stepfather, too.” Leerang wished he took the offer, especially as she didn’t want him to end up in jail for having done stupid things. Such as killing his own father. “Please.” she buried her face into his back, hoping he would agree. “Fine.” Leerang let her arms drop to her side, relieved that he’d come to his senses and didn’t let the anger get the best of him.

She ran upstairs to retrieve her cell phone, one she then used to call home. It wasn’t her stepfather who answered though, but her mother, “have you finally decided to end it with that lowlife?” not wanting to do anything rash Leerang told herself to remain calm and play it cool, “no, and I’m not going to either.” almost immediately did her mother reply, “hm, I thought so, now when he doesn’t have a place to live and all.” what. It was highly unlikely that it’d been made public, knowing how easy a scandal could surface. So, how could the older woman know about it? A horrifying thought struck her like lightning and a gasp slipped from her lips, “what have you done?”

“Well, what can I say. The north just got one less place to buy their coffee from, because I’m closing it down for good.”