33

Miss. Trouble

 

Leerang had slight problems getting out of bed the next morning, she would've rather stayed put there than to face the possibilities of heading down to the beach, something the girl guessed they would do. Normally would she be delighted to go swimming, but not at the moment, not when she was covered in various bruises and love bites. "Leerang, breakfast is ready and the guys are already waiting downstairs for us." instantly did she feel bad for taking so long. The girl couldn't afford to be selfish, especially not in front of Lay, whom she wanted to like her. "I'll be right there, I just need to use the bathroom."

American pancakes, that's what greeted her when she entered the kitchen. "Finally, I thought you'd drowned or something." Jungah dragged her over towards the table, "sit." doing as told the girl placed herself down next to Chanyeol, who gave her a smile. "Eat and tell me what you think." glancing down on the foreign looking food she picked up the fork lying there, on the right side of the tableware. "It's surprisingly tasty." Chanyeol stuffed his mouth full with the soft, delicious breakfast Jungah had prepared especially for them. The taste was definitely different, but a good kind of different, "I like it." if it wasn't for Lay then she would've asked for some more, but in fear of looking like an over obsessed food freak she settled with only one plate.

Half an hour later did the question pop-up, the one she'd feared, "so, does anyone want to head down to the beach?" Jungah's hand shot up in the air immediately, "me, I want to." Lay's gaze moved over to Leerang, she was the only girl he cared about, "I thought you would want to visit the beach." the male tried to sound upset, as if he'd looked forward to go there together with her. It worked though, because Leerang spoke up, her voice sounding distressed, "I--I do.” she must’ve sounded utterly stupid and it made her embarrassed, “I want to go.” Lay smiled in victory, he’d gotten exactly what he wanted, something he was going to take advantage of. “Great, let’s meet up here in twenty minutes.”

“I think I like them both already.” Leerang shot the other girl a curious look, “you do?” truth to be told had she actually been a bit afraid that Jungah would dislike both of them. “Yeah, the tall one complimented my pancakes, which have earned him a lot of plus points already.” Chanyeol was always nice, therefore did it not really arrive as a surprise that Jungah liked him.

“Lay then?” Leerang blushed at the sudden slip of words, on the contrary though, did she want to know what the other girl thought. “Hm, why? Do you like him?” immediately did her cheeks flush an even deeper shade of red, “aha, so you actually like someone.” Jungah stated in a tone so loud that Leerang feared the boys heard it. “Well he seems nice and all,” there was a brief pause from Jungah’s side before she continued, “but I actually thought you liked the other guy. That’s at least the impression I got.”

Leerang did literally stare at Chanyeol when they all met up in the hallway again. Slightly tilting her head she wondered what Jungah had seen that she couldn’t. There was nothing wrong with him, definitely not. It was just, well, she didn’t exactly know. “Leerang?” clearing she averted her gaze elsewhere. The fact that Chanyeol had noticed her looking was bad enough. Lay saw it as well, how she’d been staring at the other male and it was safe to say he didn’t like it. Frustrated by it all did he reach out and grasp onto Leerang’s hand, “let’s go.” never would he let anyone else have her. Not Kris, nor Kai, Sehun or Chanyeol. She was his and only his.

The said beach was crowded with people, children, teenagers, adults and elder and it was pure luck they managed to find a spot. There was no secret Busan was the summer city of South Korea with it’s crystal blue water. None of that helped much though, because Leerang was bothered and had no desire to flaunt her body in nothing else but a bikini. Jungah was different, she began to get rid of her clothes quite instantly, “Leerang what are you doing? Aren’t you going to head into the water?” it wasn’t that easy, especially since everyone would see what Kai and Sehun had caused. Once again could she feel a hint of panic rise within, to disappoint Jungah wasn’t anything she wanted to do. Not when she’d begged the other girl to follow her there.

Sensing that something was wrong Jungah excused them, “I’m going to borrow her for a little while.” Leerang found herself being pulled along, what amazed her though, was how none of the guys said a word. Maybe they didn’t see the whole ordeal as a matter to worry about. “Jungah?” they were now quite the distance from Lay and Chanyeol, and the girl was starting to get a bit scared. The fact that Jungah wouldn’t say a word either, didn’t exactly ease the anxiousness she felt. “Jungah you’re scaring me.” the other girl came to a halt, it hadn’t been her intention to terrify Leerang, definitely not, “sorry. But I had to talk to you and this was the only way I could think of.”

“Look, I don’t know what’s making you uneasy but I know for a fact there’s no reason to be like that. Just look at me, I’m not supermodel thin or anything.” Jungah was trying her best to make her friend feel at ease, “every one of us has flaws, even your little boyfriend over there.” the last statement was one Leerang had a hard time believing. Lay had, as far as she could tell, not a single flaw. He was downright perfect. “Trust me, they all have some kind of flaw.” she’d seen Kris’, the male was not one to mess with when he were having a bad day. “I guess.”

They were about to walk back to Lay and Chanyeol when Leerang, totally out of the blue, saw the guy she accidentally knocked the toilet door into head their way. In haste did she hide behind Jungah, who had trouble understand what was going on, “what are you doing? Why are you hiding?” placing a finger to her lips Leerang urged the other girl to keep quiet. For that Minhyun guy to find her was unnecessary, especially since she didn’t know what he was capable of doing. The bruise on his cheek was still there though. Not only was she hurting herself, but other people, too.

In the midst of it all did none of them spot the incoming male, “there you are.” Chanyeol stepped up to the two of them, his eyebrows drew together when seeing what Leerang was doing, “did something happen?” the three of them headed back after having reassured Chanyeol that everything was perfectly fine. A minor heart attack, that’s what the girl got to experience when she laid her eyes upon Lay. The older male was shirtless and his chiseled torso were showing. Oh god. How was she supposed to survive?

Chanyeol couldn’t help it, he was jealous--jealous at his friend for having a girl like Leerang chasing after him. It made him angry and upset, more so since he knew about Lay’s intentions. He understood more than well what the older male wanted. Yet, to tell Leerang wasn’t an option, he didn’t have the courage to do such a thing. The only thing he could do was to make sure Lay failed, Chanyeol wasn’t going to let his friend succeed this time. He’d already let it happen once and that ended in tragedy.

“Chanyeol? Chanyeol? -.” Leerang was trying to get his attention, but he seemed to be in his own little world, “Chanyeo -.” her eyes widened and she froze like a statue when his hands circled around her wrists, “what?” he was surprised by his own action, something she, too, was, “I--eh--nevermind.” the girl could feel the fast beats of her heart as she excused herself, he’d actually scared her with his sudden movements. “What was that all about?” Jungah asked as soon as they headed towards the water. Shrugging her shoulders she glanced back at the male, who was looking directly at her, “I don’t know.”

Everything was perfectly fine for about five minutes or so, until she was suddenly interrupted by someone tapping on her arm. “The girl from the train. You just disappeared yesterday when my friend came.” it was him, the Minhyun guy she’d hit with the door. “I--heh.” unconsciously did her gaze move over to Jungah, the other girl showed a thumbs up, as if she approved. “Anyhow, it doesn’t really matter now.” huh, really? So he was going to let it slip? Of course was such luck not on her side. “Why don’t you apologize by coming to Champion tonight, it’s a club not too far from here.” Leerang was right about to decline the offer when Jungah spoke up, “we’ll be there.” shocked she could do nothing but stare at the male, “great.” he waded out of the water after having given her a wink.

“Your little boy toy can wait, because we’re going to have some fun tonight.”