48

Miss. Trouble

 

The girl hadn’t cared how much her mother objected, because Leerang had no wish to stay there any longer. Her birthday party turned into a disaster and she left in the middle of it, with tears running down her cheeks. Not even Chanyeol had succeeded in cheering her up, and the girl packaged down some clothes and other belongings before she took the bus to her father’s house. Leerang refused to pick up the phone, too, when someone called and she shut it off after awhile, “I’m never going back there.” Kai and Sehun were making her life a living hell, and she could no longer take any of their antics. They’d ruined so many things for her and the girl couldn’t live like that anymore, with an overwhelming fear every time there was a party or event.

It was getting darker outside, as the day was turning into evening and Leerang wished she’d changed clothes before leaving. Because the dress she was wearing were quite thin. But it was a little too late to think about that, especially when it was only five minutes or so before the bus would come to a halt at the end station. Her eyes widened though, and she felt her heart leap when Kris’ friends stepped on at the next stop. They were loud, cracking jokes and laughing and they would’ve probably continued doing so if it hadn’t been for that she locked eyes with Tao, who said something and in the split of a second was all five of them staring at her. “Hi.” Luhan advanced, a smile plastered upon his lips as he greeted the younger girl, “is it okay if I sit here?” he motioned for the seat right next to her and Leerang nodded, slightly shocked that he was so straightforward. The situation felt a bit weird, even more so as his friends remained standing, almost like they didn’t know what to do. “Kids, you’ll have to take a seat.” the bus driver wouldn’t leave until everyone were sitting down, and the four males took a seat on the places right behind Leerang and the boy whose name she didn’t know.

“Luhan hyung have you talked to Kris today?” Tao leaned against the seat in front of him and the girl spoke without thinking, “why, have something happened?” a troublesome feeling erupted within and she shifted her attention to the black-haired boy behind, their eyes locked and Leerang gulped. His gaze was so intimidating. “Hm, I have no reason to tell you. Not when you’re hanging out with Lay and his crew.” the girl sighed before she turned to look down on her hands, disappointment filling every single part of her, “I’m not going back there.” Leerang’s gaze landed upon her wrists, the redness were slowly turning bluish and the pain pulsated every time she tried to pick something up. “They did that?” Luhan saw, Tao too, “you’re not the first one.” the latter spoke. “Who's not the first one?” Suho wanted to know what they were talking about, Xiumin as well, “yeah, don’t exclude us just because we’re seated furthest back.” Luhan shot Tao a glance, one the younger male understood right away, “nothing.” to speak so freely about the past could cause problems, especially for Kris.

“Last stop, everyone off.” it was cold and goosebumps formed on her skin the second she stepped out on the sidewalk and let the bag drop to the ground. Her wrists were hurting so much that it was a wonder she’d been able to bring it along. “Wow,” Xiumin eyed the girl from top to toe, “no wonder Kris has a th -.” Xiumin was abruptly cut short as Luhan sent his elbow crashing into the other male’s side, “quiet.” god, it was getting harder and harder for Luhan to keep everyone from revealing stuff, things Kris himself had to tell the younger girl. “Ignore him.” Leerang nodded even though she barely had a clue of what they were talking about. “Hyung can we go now? It’s freezing.” Tao complained, he wanted to get home already. “Sorry, I think we need to go.”

It didn’t even take a minute before Leerang was all alone again, something she was glad for. Because it meant she wouldn’t have to embarrass herself in front of the five males. “How am I supposed to carry you home?” Leerang sighed whilst she stared down on the bag, it was literally filled to the brim with clothes, school material and other things she needed to survive. “I guess I have no choice.” the pain was immediate and she had to stop after just a few meters, “this isn’t going to work.” it would take several hours to get home like that, if she stopped every other second.

“Leerang, is everything alright?” the girl looked up just as the older woman who owned the supermarket put a cigarette to her lips, “yeah.” the red marks on her wrists were luckily hidden by the lack of light. “You shouldn’t stand out there looking like that though.” Leerang chewed her bottom lip, “I -I know.” still, she understood it was going to be impossible to bring the bag home. But to call someone who could help would seem rather weird considering that everyone was at the birthday party. Chanyeol though, he would come and help her out, right? Luckily had she managed to change the high heels she'd been wearing into sneakers, something that made it considerably easier as she hurried inside the supermarket. "Okay, phone, where is my phone?" Leerang began to search through her bag in an attempt to find the small device, only to, a couple of minutes later and after she'd emptied out everything, notice that it wasn't there. She must've dropped it.

Her shoulders slumped and a sigh slipped from her lips, "what am I going to do now?" to carry the bag home herself wasn't an option, not with the gruesome pain she felt whenever she held onto something heavy. To use someone else's phone wouldn't work either, as she could only remember her mother's number and her own. "This is just great." she sighed a second time before letting her gaze wander between the different sections, as if they would help her think of something. Unfortunately did it only make her realize how hungry she were, and once again did Leerang rummage through her bag, but this time in search for some money so she could buy a bottle of water and sweet bread.

After have retrieved the package with bread did she head over towards the drinks. The same problem surfaced however, as she stood there and tried to reach for the water. Even when standing on her tippy-toes did the girl not get a hold of a bottle and it came to a point where she wondered whether it would be alright to climb a little, at least a few centimeters so she could get her hands on the object. But Leerang guessed it wouldn’t look too good and decided against better judgement to settle with another idea, one she wouldn’t have to be afraid of, in case she destroyed anything. So, with her eyes set on the price did she jump. It didn’t work, not on the first, second or third time, and Leerang was right about to admit that she’d failed when a hand reached up from behind and grabbed a bottle of water.

“Could you get o -.” the girl stopped mid-sentence once she’d spun around and faced the other person, because in front her stood none other than Kris, who literally stared at the younger girl. He’d never seen her in such clothes before, or lack of clothes. It depended on how one saw it. “Isn’t it cold walking around like that?” Leerang’s heart leaped when she noticed how his eyes drifted down her form and stopped at her bare legs. “N -no.” he glanced up at her, a disapproving look evident on his face, “really?” she nodded even though it was an obvious lie. “Okay.” Kris changed the subject despite knowing that Leerang was lying, “here.” he extended his hand so she could take the water, “oh, right.” having forgotten about her wrist she grabbed onto the bottle, only to wince and drop it when the pain came rushing back. Leerang couldn't even hold onto such a simple thing without it hurting.

"You hurt yourself again." she shivered as he grasped onto her arm, "what did you do this time?" her brain tried to come up with a clever answer, one that wasn't the truth. But it failed and Leerang did accidentally reveal the reality of the situation, how Baekhyun had done it. "B -but it was my fault. I made him upset." Kris rolled his eyes, nothing gave the right to hurt someone else. "You're such a fool." Leerang pouted, "and you are a big meanie." she her heel and headed to the cashier, saddened by his words. “Oh my. Leerang, what did you do to your wrists?” the ahjumma was shocked. “Hehe, playing around.” just at that exact moment did Kris place himself on her right, and the girl glanced at him, her cheeks sporting a faint pink color. "I see." the older woman cracked a smile and Kris blinked, confused, as the woman looked at him and continued, "just be safe." Leerang nodded, "yeh."

Leerang returned to the table and where she'd left her bag. "That woman is weird." the male could still not believe what'd happened. "Ahjumma is nice, you on the other hand not so much." she spoke whilst eying the sweet bun wrapped in plastic, a package Leerang didn't know how she was going to rip open. "Are you stupid." Kris ran a hand through his hair before he reached over and unwrapped the treat, "no, why would I be?" the girl pouted again, not pleased to be called stupid. "Because she told us to be safe." not understanding what he was implying she waited for him to hand the bun over, something he also did right before she spoke, "yeah, so what?" Kris wanted to smash his head against the table, "she think we're having ."

Her brain malfunctioned, and everything within just collapsed as she stared straight at him, eyes wide. ? No way. "Ahju -." Kris slapped a hand over and Leerang mumbled, her words unclear as his hand was in the way. "Does it really matter what she think?" for some weird reason did he not mind it, how the older woman thought they were together, and that even though he disliked gossip and such. Because Kris knew how news like that spread like wildfire, more so now. When he was working class and she upper class. Two different worlds that'd clashed together.