53

Miss. Trouble

 

Leerang had tried to focus on school, especially since her grades had to get better. But it was hard after the situation the other day, one that'd ended in complete disaster as she'd failed to keep her emotions in check. The girl hadn't talked to Kris after that. She wasn't certain he wanted to see her. And honestly, Leerang didn't know what to say either. A simple sorry, would that be enough? She'd decided however, to go see him after the masquerade, which was taking place this Saturday. In other terms, tomorrow. Prince and princess, it sounded a bit ridiculous when she thought about it. Not that she'd had much choice, as her mother had been the one to decide everything. Like usual.

"Earth to Leerang, hello?" the girl jumped in her seat before turning her attention to Jungah, who was seated in front, "sorry. Did you say something?" the two of them were currently at a small, but cosy, café not too far from their school. They'd been lucky in finding a table to sit at, because it was crowded in there. Every single spot was taken and conversations could be heard all over.

"What's going on with you? You've been spacing out all day." Leerang glanced down on her hands whilst heaving a sigh, "I sort of screwed up yesterday." it was painful to think about the expression Kris had displayed as he left. She should've thought a little more before lashing out like that, especially since he'd acted so sincere. "What do you mean? Did anything happen between you and him?" one could definitely say that. Some other things troubled the girl as well, and all of them revolved around Kris and his recent behavior. "Yeah, you can say that." Leerang had never seen him so worked up, nor had she ever seen him sad. "Then. Why don't you pay him a visit? I bet he'll understand if you talk to him." she would in a few days. As soon as the masquerade was over and done with, "I will. Just not today."

The semi cold weather greeted the two girls once they stepped outside, the sun was starting to set and a gust of wind drew by, causing Leerang to shudder. She wasn't too delighted about the incoming winter and would rather fly to some faraway country with blazing sun and nice beaches. "LEERANG!" a body crashed right into her own a second later and she staggered to the side. Unable to keep her balance the two fell towards the unforgiving pavement, the impact was hard, especially when a certain Chanyeol landed on the said girl.

"Yeol. Off." her voice was weak, strained, as the air in her lungs disappeared. "Sorry," he stood up and glanced down on the younger girl, "it wasn't supposed to end like th…" his heart caught in his throat when he saw her cheek, "you hurt yourself again." he was far from surprised, but a bit worried, and that even though Leerang tried to brush it off as nothing to be concerned about. "Let's talk about something else, please." she glanced towards Jungah, as if to state that the other girl couldn't say a word about Seoyoung and what'd truly happened to her cheek, before looking back at Chanyeol, "like, why you're here?"

"Oh. I was just passing by. I'm actually on my way to buy some things for tomorrow." Leerang blinked, was he going, too? She'd always thought it was for her high school only. Not that others' were welcomed as well. "I thought I'd told you I was going." the girl shook her head, she couldn't remember he'd said anything. "Hm, maybe not." Chanyeol bit his bottom lip, "anyhow. Lay said you two would go together." Jungah gasped, thus earning both Leerang and Chanyeol's attention, "you're going with Lay? But what abou -." Leerang slapped a hand over her friend's mouth, this was definitely not the right time to bring up Kris. It was far too confusing and messed up. "Y -yeah, it sort of happened." it was more like her mother's work. She was the one who'd planned all of it. "Okay." Chanyeol was not convinced though, he knew there was something else going on. "Well. I should get going." there weren't a lot of things he needed to fix, but more than enough to keep him occupied for the next coming hours, "but I'll see you tomorrow." he smiled, his teeth showing. "Take care." Chanyeol glanced between the two girls, thus indicating that he spoke to the two of them, and not only Leerang. "Bye."

"What was that? I thought you were on terms with Kris now, not Lay." this was getting so confusing for Jungah. There were so many boys around Leerang that she had no idea what was going on anymore, "my mother sort of brought us together." Leerang's mother was, at least from what Jungah had heard, quite hard to deal with. "Just, promise me to choose the one you actually like. Not the one your mother or everyone else wants you to choose." it would've been a lot easier if she could understand her own heart first, something Leerang didn't. The feelings within were overwhelming and she felt like a fool. Lay was someone she'd liked for so long, but their relation to one another was complicated. In fact, the girl didn't even know whether he actually liked her not. Plus, he was friends with people who scared the living hell out of her. Leerang was still traumatized over everything Sehun, Kai and Baekhyun had caused her. They'd left scars, ones that would take time to heal. If they did. Kris on the other hand was someone she'd come to trust. His personality was different, more straightforward and blunt, but also gentle and caring. His friends were also much nicer than Lay's, maybe with the exception of Tao, who was rather difficult to understand.

They were both great in different ways.

"Speaking of boys, does Kris have any friends?" Leerang choked on her own saliva, never could she have foreseen that question. "Huh, why do you ask?" it was ridiculous to ask, even more so as she already, sort of, knew where the conversation was heading. "Awh be nice. Haven't you considered that I maybe wanted a boyfriend, too." Jungah sulked. "Sorry. Sorry." the girl couldn't keep herself from smiling. It was rather unusual to hear a teen living in this part of Seoul talking and even wanting to meet someone from the North. Therefore had the request sort of arrived as a shock.

"He does. Though, one of them is a bit… I don't really know how to describe him." Leerang was referring to Tao, as the male was a bit hard to get to know. "Is he being mean? Is that why?" to call him mean would probably be a little over the top. Difficult was a more suiting word. "No. Just different." Jungah laughed, "good. I like different." well, to a certain degree it was okay. "So, does that mean you want to meet them?" Leerang was, truth to be told, slightly scared. She'd experienced the hardships of being a 'rich kid who has no right to show herself in the North', and it'd been far from easy. "Of course. It's always nice meeting new people. Plus, I'm getting a bit tired of the boys here." Jungah was definitely a kind of her own, she didn't seem to bother what other people thought about her, nor did she seem scared of anything. But then again, the other girl had practically lived her whole life in the US. The culture there was different.

"Really? I thought you were interested in that guy from your class?" Jungah shrugged her shoulders, "he wasn't anything for me." she was right about to ask why when the other girl continued, "he's really prejudiced about a lot of stuff." such a person was not for her. Jungah wanted a more adventurous person who weren't afraid to try new things. Really, the boys at their school were living such a boxed life, doing everything they're told to please others. A relationship like that wouldn't work out and Jungah had set out to find a boy who could make her life more interesting.

"Oh." Leerang couldn't say she was surprised, almost everyone at Whimoon high did probably not know how life outside Gangnam was like. "Yeah. Well, it doesn't matter anymore." Jungah smiled, she was not the type of person who'd let such matters bring her down, "come on. Let's forget about this now." being so carefree and laid back was a feature Leerang was jealous of. "I know, why don't we head over to my place? We can talk about tomorrow and I can show you what I'm going to wear." having not seen where Jungah lived the girl accepted the offer right away.