59

Miss. Trouble

 

There was a harsh knock on the door and Leerang hurried over, thinking it was Kris. Right before she opened though, did she take a deep breath to calm herself, "you can do this." it wasn't Kris who stood there, on her porch. "Chanyeol?" her eyes blinked a couple of times, uncertain of why he'd showed up at her doorstep. His usual smile and happy self was nowhere to be found and Leerang did instead stare at his frowning face. "I need to speak with you. Now." he walked right past her and into the house, "close the door." she spun around to face him after have done exactly what he said, "Yeol, you're scaring me." Leerang watched as he ran a hand through his hair, obviously frustrated by something. "It's Lay. He's going to ruin it for you." her heart constricted in a painful way, she hadn't actually believed the other male would go so far as to destroy her relationship with Kris, "how do you know that?" she followed Chanyeol with her gaze as he phased back and forth, "I overheard him talking to someone, but I don't know what he's planning." they had to warn Kris in case Lay would try anything, "we have to tell Kris." the peaceful Saturday evening had just turned into chaos and Leerang could honestly say she was scared. And what if her mother was in on all this?

Kris was nowhere in sight when the two of them entered and she headed up to his mother, who stood behind the cashier, "Leerang ah, how nice it is to see you again." her cheeks flushed at the way the older woman looked at her, "have you seen Kris? It's kind of an emergency." that was the least one could say. "Oh." Leerang came to realize that Kris' mother must know about them, especially after the following question, "You're not pregnant are you?" dropped open in disbelief and she shook her head so violently it began to hurt, "no, no, no." definitely not. They hadn't even reached that far in their relationship. "Oh, that's a relief. I mean, you two are still young and… I think I should stop now." Kris' mother let out an awkward laugh at Leerang's reaction, whose face was red as a tomato. "Anyhow. I sent Kris out on an errand so he should be back soon." the girl nodded before turning towards Chanyeol, "let's wait."

Just as told. Kris along with Luhan walked inside ten minutes later. None of them looked too happy about Chanyeol being there though, and she had to reassure them he was her friend. "I promise, I won't hesitate to hurt you if you ever try anything with Leerang." the girl felt a rush of heat pool in the pit of her stomach, and she stared down on the floor, a shy smile painted upon her lips. He was being protective of her. "I'm not the threat." not anymore at least. Chanyeol had no desire or want to steal Leerang away and he was not going to let Kris suffer a second time either. "Lay is." silence followed and she glanced up to meet eyes with her boyfriend, "Chanyeol is right and Lay has already threatened me." Leerang spoke in a hushed tone, as to not let anyone else hear. Her words though, received immediate attention from Kris' side and he grasped onto her uninjured arm and told the others to follow, before they headed up to his bedroom. He didn't want for his mother to find out.

The room looked exactly alike, with the exception of the bed, one she sat down in after Kris let go. "What did he tell you?" her gaze moved between the pictures and various object scattered around whilst trying to remember everything Lay had said. Some things were a lot easier to recall, probably because they'd made a stronger impact on the girl. "Mm, he said something about not letting you win and that he wouldn't let me go so easily." Kris' blood froze and he ran a hand through his hair before he moved about to stared out the window, his back against the rest of them, "I ing knew it." taken aback by the sudden outburst she looked over at Luhan, who stood next to the door, "What exactly is going on?" they needed to tell Leerang whatever they were keeping from her, because she had the right to know, too. "Kris, maybe it's time to tell her." she glanced between Luhan and Kris, fear and curiosity running through her veins, "tell me what?" even Chanyeol was eager to know since he barely knew anything about the other male. The two of them didn't exactly hang out.  

Kris turned towards Chanyeol though, thus ignoring her question, "how can I know you aren't going to run to Lay the first thing you'll do?" trust issues were one of his biggest problems, but such an ordeal was kind of understandable after everything he'd experienced. "Leerang's well being is my first priority, that's why." not completely convinced Kris continued, "why? I mean, you've known Lay far longer than you've known Leerang." the girl watched how Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders, almost as if none of that mattered anymore, "my reason is not important." it wasn't of relevance any longer, at least not to him. But the reaction from the older male's side was different, "it is, especially since I don't trust you." Leerang wanted to interfere there, to tell them both to stop their bickering, but Kris continued, "so, are you going to explain why you're putting Leerang before Lay?" she fell silent and the only sound she could hear was the violent thumping of her heart, as she stared at Chanyeol. He had to have some sort of reason. "Because I don't want to see her hurt and because I used to love her." the whole room turned completely silent, not a single word was uttered and Leerang avoided all of the stares directed her way. The girl couldn't say she was surprised though, she'd sort of realized his feelings after their trip to Busan, where he'd not only kissed her but also included that he in fact liked the girl.

It was Luhan who spoke first, thus ending the awkward silence, "well, trust needs to be earned." it wasn't like Chanyeol expected more, not when he'd been friends with Lay for such a long time and they had every right to doubt him, "fair enough." things were finally starting to settle and Leerang was immensely pleased that Kris let Chanyeol's confession be. It was no longer relevant to bring it up. "Kris you must tell Leerang now. She has to know." it bothered her that she had no idea what they were talking about, and she couldn't help but to wonder how many secrets he had hidden. But then again, Leerang had a few of them as well. To let Kris know of every single ordeal and happening would probably not end too well, and the girl could simply hope that what Kai and Sehun inflicted upon her would vanish in time.

A deep sigh from her boyfriend caught Leerang's attention and she averted her gaze towards him. "The café is going to close in a week." what? How did that happen? Wasn't business good for them? "Why?" she was pretty certain they earned enough money to go around. "Because we can't pay the twenty million won that's left on the loan." something didn't feel right, why was it suddenly so important they paid everything in one go? Chanyeol must've felt it as well, because he was not late to point it out, "isn't that quite much? I mean, it's a whole lot more than what people earn in a month's time." Kris rolled his eyes, "I know. But this would've never taken place if it wasn't for Lay." Chanyeol and Leerang exchanged a quick glance, the both of them knew nothing of how Lay could be involved. "I promised you the other day, that I would tell you about my father." Kris stood next to the bed now, his eyes set on her, and for some weird reason did she feel a bit uneasy, almost as if there were more to it. "And you," he glanced over at Chanyeol for a brief moment, "this is your opportunity to show that you're one to trust, because no one else besides me and Luhan knows about this."

It took the male about fifteen, twenty minutes to explain a part of it. How his father already had a wife whom he was married with, and that he had an affair with Kris' mother until the point she got pregnant. It would be devastating if other people found out the truth, was something his father said once he'd gotten to know about the pregnancy, and the man forbid Kris' mother to speak of the subject in turn of money. "So she took the money? But why is that such a big deal?" it wasn't the first time she'd heard of it, therefore were she curious to know why it played any difference now. "Because the man -my father, is also Lay's father." Leerang was awe-struck, her mind totally blank in complete and utter shock. They were half-brothers and one of them had no clue about it. Plus, they looked nothing alike and their personalities were like day and night. Not that the latter were of any genetic matter. Chanyeol was equally surprised, especially since they'd been able to keep the truth hidden for so long. However, another thought crossed his mind, "I don't understand why that's important though," why did Kris' father have anything to do with the café? "what does the café and your father have to do with each other?"

"The building and the land it stand on is owned by my father, and I'm pretty sure Lay knows about that. Really, it's kind of obvious how he's doing this on purpose." all the new information was making Leerang frustrated and she wonder how someone could neglect their own child like that? It was as if Kris meant absolutely nothing to his father. "I bet he believes Leerang will break up with you." Chanyeol did definitely gain everyone's attention with those words, and Kris was not late to question his statement, "why are so certain about that?" Leerang stared at her friend, curious as to why Chanyeol could know, "because that's Leerang's weakness, she doesn't want to be the reason for other people's suffering." oh, so he'd noticed.