5

Miss. Trouble

 


The girl was phasing back and forth, her heart was working on full speed as she thought about Baekhyun and his threat. Leerang had the money to pay him, but what’d made her curious was to why he made such a big deal out of it. The suit couldn’t have been that expensive.

A hard knock on the door sounded, one that brought the girl out of her thoughts, “yes?” the birthday party was probably about to start any minute now, “go downstairs, the party is starting.” heading over to the door she plastered a small smile upon her lips, “you can do this Leerang. Just smile and the day will soon be over.” the girl’s mother stood there, right outside her bedroom door when she stepped into the hallway, “looks good, and remember, don’t embarrass me today. There’s a lot of high society people here and the last thing I want is for my daughter to make a fool out of herself. We don’t want another pool incident, now do we.” Leerang let the fake smile remain, as she listened to the same exact sentence her mother had used for the past years.

The music increased in volume whilst she, on slightly unsteady legs, made her way down the staircase. High heels were truly not her thing, that was one thing for sure. “Leerang.” her step dad greeted the girl once she entered the normally vacant living room that was now filled with people. “Annyeong.” Leerang’s smile turned into a more genuine one, she’d always liked the older male. He wasn’t home a lot, but his interest for art was something the two of them shared. In fact, it was not uncommon that she followed with him to various art exhibitions. However, her step dad didn’t even know about her dream of becoming a painter, mainly because she was afraid that he would tell her mom.  

“How rude of me, Leerang, this is Park Jongwon, he’s the principal of Korean National University of Arts. Jongwon sshi, this is my wife’s daughter, Leerang.” the girl could barely believe her own ears as she bowed to show her respect, “annyeonghaseyo.” The other male was the headmaster of the University she wanted to attend. “It’s nice to meet you.” Leerang could barely contain her excitement, as the gray-haired man spoke, “I heard you’re interested in art, may I ask what kind?” she was so overwhelmed that her hands began to tremble, “expressionism and pop art.” those two were definitely the girl’s favorite, the first one was a style she herself worked with.

“I see, do you perhaps paint, too?” this would be such an opportunity to show him her own work. Everything that increased her chances of getting into K-ARTS was good, especially since it was a school that only accepted the best. “A little.” Leerang was being modest about it, she didn’t want to sound too prideful. Humbleness, and hard work was something Leerang believed to be the key to success. “So your dream is to be a painter then?” before she managed to answer had her mother stepped up and explained that painting was only something Leerang had as a hobby and nothing more. The whole conversation ended with that the woman gave her a firm glare. One that she understood perfectly.

“Excuse me.” the group of four turned their heads towards the boy who’d spoken. Leerang shivered when her gaze locked with Baekhyun’s, “do you mind if I borrow her for a while?” his words were formal and well-mannered, though, the girl knew better than to believe his little act. “Of course.” Baekhyun latched onto her wrist before she even got the chance to react, “come with me.” the words tickled the skin right behind her ear, and that as she was forced along. Leerang’s heart thumped hard, her pulse racing, as the boy shoved her forward.

Within a minute was she forcefully pushed inside the library, one that was located on the west wing of the enormous house. “Why are you being like this?” he’d already managed to close the door by the time Leerang spun around to look at him. “Don’t act as if you don’t know. The money, now.” Baekhyun advanced forward, step by step he inched closer, something that caused the girl to move back until she crashed into the studydesk. Baekhyun had corned her between himself and the piece of furniture. “I can’t jus -.” she swallowed hard when he slapped his hands against the hard wooden surface, “pay up.” Leerang could honestly not understand why he was making such a big deal out of it, “it’s just a suit.” the boy scoffed, and she tensed when he gripped onto the fabric of her dress. “Well, this is just a dress.” Baekhyun snarled, he wouldn’t hesitate to hurt the younger girl if needed. She couldn’t possibly know what he’d gone through in order to buy the clothes. Baekhyun was not like them.

In the corner, leaning against one of the bookshelves were Lay waking up. The party he’d attended the previous day had kept him up half of the night, something that resulted in him being ridiculously tired and the hangover he had was not to play with. However, it seemed like his nap was officially over. Still half-asleep the boy stood up, his hands reached out to steady himself all the whilst he glanced over to see what was going on. “Hyung.” Baekhyun’s eyes widened in horror when he noticed the other male raise to his feet. The boy hoped for dear life that his friend hadn’t heard the conversation. Leerang though, couldn’t see who it was as her back faced the other male.

It took Lay a moment or two to take in the scene before him. The way his friend was practically all over that girl, ehm, he couldn’t remember her name. Anyhow,“ can’t you keep it in your pants for one day, tsk.” a grin spread on Lay’s lips as he, with slightly unsteady steps, advanced towards them. Leerang, despite feeling embarrassed, saw her chance to escape when Baekhyun was busy staring at the other boy. The action however, when she pushed him away caused Leerang’s dress to rip open at the place were he had his hands. It was unfortunate, but still a lot better than being .

The dress had been ripped in such a matter that Leerang had to hold onto it when she darted towards her bedroom. There was no way in hell that the girl was staying when he was lurking around the house. “Ah, are you having a strip show?” two of the boys from the other day stepped up and placed themselves in front of her, and that in the middle of the staircase. An ordeal that made it impossible for Leerang to get to her bedroom. “Please move.” Kai and Sehun smirked down on the younger girl, both of them amused by the desperate look she was giving the two.

“I don’t know, I kind of like the view.” Kai’s gaze roamed her exposed skin, more specifically, the area around Leerang’s chest. “ert.” she frowned, not pleased by the way they were behaving. “Oh, you have no idea.” Kai leaned down so that his face was barely inches from hers, an ordeal that caused Leerang’s cheeks to flush red, “why don’t I help you with that. I’ve heard that I’m quite skilled with my hands.” the boy winked and he was just about to touch the dress when Leerang slapped him. “Ohh,” even Sehun was baffled, as no one had resisted the charm of his friend ever before. “Please move.” the girl felt utterly embarrassed by the whole situation. Kai was so stunned by the incident that he stepped aside.

Once upstairs she locked herself inside her bedroom. “I need to get away from here. The whole house is filled with erts.” Leerang glanced down on the torn dress, upset that Baekhyun had destroyed it. “You’re definitely not getting any money now.” did he really believe that she was that easy? The girl couldn’t give him the money just like that. Not before Leerang’s mother agreed upon it. “Stupid, ego-centric boys who are nothing else but idiots.” the girl mumbled the sentence aloud all the whilst she tried to undress, but her hand couldn’t really reach around to get a hold of the small zipper. Out of nowhere though, did she feel a presence creeping up from behind and Leerang raised her gaze to stare into the mirror, “AHH -.” the girl stumbled forward, shocked at what she’d seen. “.” the male extended his hands and yanked her towards him, “sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” really, well, then why the hell was he even there in the first place?

Leerang blinked up at the taller boy, the smile he’d sported the last time had been replaced by a look of worry, “you okay?” she tried to take a step back, but his hands were still holding onto her, something that made it impossible for Leerang to get away. “You can le -.” a hard knock on the door, followed by her mother’s voice made the girl shut up, “Leerang, are you okay? and why did you lock the door?” oh god. This was so not good. The older woman would get the wrong idea if she saw Leerang together with a boy, especially if they happened to be inside the girl’s locked bedroom. “Yes, I’m fine, just fixing my make-up.” she wanted to slap herself over the stupid excuse, really, fixing her make-up. When had Leerang ever cared about that?

“Come down soon. There’s something I have to announce.” the woman explained, she didn’t have time to deal with her daughter at that moment. Not when there was several guests waiting for the big announcement. “Okay.” Leerang let out a deep sigh, one that caught in when she felt the zipper on her dress being pulled down.

~~~~


I know, Baekhyun is being an , but he got a reason for behaving like that.