08장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

    I woke up once again earlier than I was supposed to, so I took my time in the bathroom, for once taking Seulgi’s advice and putting on a little bit of make up. My eyelashes becoming longer as I put mascara on them and a little bit of gradient red lipstick on my lips. I brushed my hair and smiled at myself. You can do this, Chae-Yeong, you are strong. Don’t let them break you more. After getting dressed in my uniform, I sent a selfie to Bo-Yeong wishing her a good day and heading downstairs.

“Chae-Yeong” Mom called from the kitchen so I walked to her quietly.

“Yes?” I asked, standing in the doorway.

“I couldn’t make you breakfast, I have to head to work earlier” She said with an apologetic smile.

“Okay, I’ll eat in the canteen” I nodded with a small smile.

“You seem to be in a good mood” Mom commented, turning towards me with a full smile “It’s been a while since I saw you like this”

“I know” I chuckled, placing my backpack on my shoulders.

“Have a good day, yeah?” Mom walked closer, patting my cheek “I love you”

“Okay” I muttered, walking out the front door, mom waving after me.

 

I barely got inside the school when someone called out my name.

“Good morning” Kyungsoo smiled at me, making me sigh quietly.

“Morning, Kyungsoo” I decided a little smile wouldn’t kill me.

“How did you--” His eyes widened and he stopped walking. Confused, I stopped and turned towards him.

“Are you alright?” I asked, lightly gripping his arm.

“You smiled--are you wearing make up?” Kyungsoo asked, leaning closer to my face.

“Yes” I muttered shily and a little uncomfortable at the close proximity “Is it that bad?”

“What? No!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, a big smile on his lips “You look beautiful”

“Oh” I chuckled, fumbling with my fingers behind my back “Thank you”

It seemed like Kyungsoo finally realized how close he was standing to me, because he suddenly stepped back with red cheeks.

“Sorry, I didn’t realize…” He muttered, starting to walk away. Biting my lip, I tried holding in my chuckle.

“Kyungsoo” I called, patting his shoulder with a small smile “Will you eat lunch with me in the canteen?”

“What?” His eyes bulged out when he turned back to me.

“I didn’t bring lunch so I’m forced to eat in the canteen” I explained “I know you usually eat with your friends but if you think you could--”

“Yes” Kyungsoo started noddig, eyes unfaltering.

“Okay” I nodded with a small smile, leaving him standing there as I walked away to my locker.

 

The day went smoothly, and even though I was concerned and still tense when the others were around me, I found myself more relaxed than ever when in school. The insults from the other students of course didn’t stop, but they weren’t coming from Oh Sehun so I really felt happy and uncaring of what they were saying. However, what really made me anxious was Jongdae’s grin whenever he looked at me and Sooyoung’s constant smirk that was on her face. And once again, Oh Sehun was back to looking messy. Blazer gone and the first two buttons of his shirt undone, a very concerning thing if you ask me. His hair looked messy when he ran inside this morning and his backpack looked over stuffed. Since he ignored me, like yesterday and Friday, I decided to do the same thing. Why provoke the devil when he leaves you alone?

I walked down the hall quietly, looking ahead as I entered the canteen. People were staring and snickering at me. Was it that visible that I was wearing make up? I took the sandwich from the old lady, thanking her, and walking to the only available table, that was once again, unfortunately, in front of Sehun’s. Sehun and Jongdae were gone, the others sitting at the table and being loud like they usually were. I looked around searching for Kyungsoo, but he was gone too. Maybe he was with Sehun and Jongdae? Could be possible, after all he’s still their friend. There was a murmur as the canteen door opened and Oh Sehun walked in with his back straight and a smirk on his face. Seems like the old him is back. Jongdae was wearing the same smirk as Sehun, but Kyungsoo’s eyebrows were furrowed as he hurriedly pushed past them. My eyebrows furrowed when he hurried over to my table after spotting me. There were laughs in the canteen, some even o-ing as they looked at me. Was there something on my face expect a little mascara and lipstick? I looked around feeling very uncomfortable and my heart starting to beat faster. I looked back to Sehun seeing him smirk my way. He did something again, didn’t he? The quiet before the storm passed? What did he do this time?

“Chae-Yeong” Kyungsoo muttered, his eyebrows furrowed “You--he--I didn’t--I couldn’t stop him--Chae-Yeong--”

“Kyungsoo, what happened?” I stood up, worried at his behavior. Sehun stopped beside Kyungsoo, letting an arm fall on his shoulders.

“And after everything, Kyungsoo--you still come to her?” Sehun pretended to be disappointed “After what we just found out?”

“What--did you find out?” I asked, gulping. Perhaps, did they find out about Bo-Yeong?

“Oh, stupid” Sehun sighed dramatic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter