48장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    The next morning I woke with a start, heart beating fast. I dreamed of Bo-Yeong. She was out in the garden, playing with Sese. Everything looked alright, until suddenly Sehun popped in the view, his whole face bruised. He could barely speak and before I could reach him, well, I woke up. Sighing, I leaned over the pillow and checked the time. Time to get ready for school.

 

Walking to school wasn’t pleasant at all since my backpack weighted a lot. I have work right after school so I can’t go over to So Young’s, but I can after I’m done with work. Surely, I won’t walk around in my high school uniform at a late hour and besides it’s still cold outside.

Getting to my locker, I opened the door and sighed when the backpack was finally off my shoulder and inside my locker. There was no one behind me, Sehun wouldn’t come to school today and Jongdae or the others were nowhere to be seen.

Pushing the backpack a little, I pulled out my Maths book, thankful that I did my homework on Saturday as yesterday I didn’t have time for it, Oh Sehun kept me busy all day.

“Chae-Yeong!” A girly voice exclaimed as I turned towards it, startled to see Wendy running towards me.

“You are here!” She said in her loud way, crushing me into a hug.

“Hey, Wendy” I chuckled, patting her back.

“Where were you! Don’t disappear again without telling us!” She flapped her hands around in the air, making me sigh as I glared at her.

“You know I wasn’t feeling well, so that means I was home. And I practically did text you, so you know I didn’t disappear”

“Oh well, I mean...I was still worried! What was wrong?” Wendy pouted as I rolled my eyes, closing the locker back.

“Headache and stomach ache” I shrugged, flicking my hair behind my shoulders.

“Oh, those are bad. I’m glad you are feeling better now” Wendy smiled and I returned it as we walked down the hallway to my class.

“Chae-Yeong” Wendy looked around, eyes finding mine.

“Yes?” I raised my eyebrows, curious about what she wanted to tell me.

“Sehun had been missing for the whole week and he didn’t come to school yesterday either, I’m pretty sure he won’t either today” Wendy muttered, checking if no one heard her.

“Oh, really?” I widened my eyes, pretending I didn’t know about yesterday.

“I’m wondering what happened to him” Wendy scratched her head, glancing at me.

“Well, I don’t know for sure...maybe he’s sick or something” I shrugged, stopping in front of my classroom.

“You know...Jongdae saw you missing yesterday, and he asked me if I knew where you were” Wendy sighed, leaning closer “I think...he thinks you were with Sehun”

“What!” I exclaimed, taken aback. Why would Jongdae assume something like that? Gulping nervously, I shook my head. Remind me to avoid Jongdae until Sehun is missing.

“I definitely wasn’t”

“Of course, I know that. Why would you be after everything he’s done” Wendy scoffed.

“Right” I nodded, feeling bad for lying to her. I did hide Oh Sehun in my house and now he was hiding in my best friend’s house, but no one has to know that. Bidding goodbye to Wendy, I quickly hurried inside the classroom, wanting to avoid whatever rumors have surfaced within school about Oh Sehun’s disappearance.

 

I was half asleep while staring at the blackboard, barely making out what was written on it. My eyelids were about to shut closed, but suddenly a buzzing came from my side and a loud ping. My eyes widened, and I looked around praying that people wouldn’t stare at me. The teacher’s head rose as he narrowed his eyes at us.

“You know phones aren’t allowed in class, right?” Mr. Yu said in a threatening tone.

“Yes” The class chorused, a few menacing eyes on me.

“Amazing, if I catch you with it, I’m taking it until you finish high school” I rolled my eyes, not scared by Mr. Yu’s threat. It’s true that he can take our phones away, but he can’t keep it at himself for longer than his lesson is on going. It’s against the law of the high school. My phone pinged again and I subtly tried taking it out from the pocket of my blazer and turn the volume down. Just as I pressed the button, another message popped in. Glancing back up, I made sure Mr. Yu wasn’t watching me as I opened my phone.

Three messages from Sese.

Sighing, I opened them and my eyebrows furrowed.

‘Song Chae-Yeong, it’s late...are you in school?

Did you oversleep?

Hello! Don’t ignore me!’

Scoffing quietly, I started typing, keeping my phone close to my thighs where Mr. Yu couldn’t see it.

‘I’m in school and I almost got caught because of you! Why are you even texting me? Stop, Oh Sehun!’

Before I could even place the phone down, an answer came. He’s a fast texter, I see.

‘Are you blaming me for this as well? Not my problem that your stupid forgot to turn off the volume...and I’m bored’

‘Well if you are bored watch TV or something, don’t bother me!’

I placed the phone underneath my thigh, looking around to see if anyone saw me. But everyone was too busy with solving the equations and I sighed, but the breath caught halfway in my throat when I saw Baekhyun’s narrowed eyes on me. I started coughing loudly and looked away from Baekhyun, placing a hand over my mouth to muffle the sounds.

“Are you alright, Miss Song?” Mr. Yu asked, eyebrows furrowed.

“Yes, I’m sorry” I choked out, swallowing some saliva to stop the coughing. My phone already buzzed at least three times and I took into my hands annoyed. I will block Sehun’s number if he doesn’t stop, that’s not why I gave him my number. It was meant for him to call if he wasn’t feeling well, not if he was bored.

‘Chae-Yeong, I’m bored!

The food was delicious yesterday, are you coming over today as well?

If you keep ignoring me I will tell your parents you lied to them on Monday just to do funny things with me’

Narrowing my eyes at the phone screen, I held in the urge to scof loudly.

‘Do that and you are dead, Sehun!’

Shutting my phone off, I placed it back in the pocket of my blazer, ignoring the next buzzes and concentrating on whatever I needed to solve since next week I will have a test.

 

My phone stopped buzzing after I ignored it in Maths class and Sehun didn’t bother me for the rest of the day. I was happy that he decided to leave me alone, I have to focus on school and not on him. Walking to my locker in the long break, I decided to open his messages and see what he wanted to tell me.

‘And why not? I can very easily go and tell them right now!

That wouldn’t be a good idea, you were right...stupid, Chae-Yeong’

I scoffed at the last comment, he really had to insult me all the time.

‘You know ignoring people is very rude.

Chae-Yeong, what did I tell you about ignoring me? You know I don’t like it!’

Of course I know, but since you aren’t here you can’t do anything to me!

‘Okay, I see...have fun ignoring me!’

And that was the last message and it actually brought out a chuckle from me. How was he so childish? Of course I would ignore him, what was he thinking? I walked up to my locker, completely missing the round eyed boy that was staring at me happily.

“Chae-Yeong” I jumped in my place, wide eyes looking up at Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo” I smiled at him, embracing his warm hug happily. It’s funny how before I refused to be touched by any boy and now I was looking forward to be hugged by Kyungsoo.

“Are you feeling better?” Kyungsoo asked as we pulled away and I quickly nodded with a small smile.

“Much better, maybe I didn’t get enough rest” I opened my locker and placed inside my books, turning towards Kyungsoo when he nudged my shoulder.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter