57장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Today the sky was cloudy and I was late once again. I went to bed late last night, having to finish an assignment I had for today and forgot doing earlier. I also have a bad headache and I already took a Nurofen, hoping it would calm it down soon. I was home alone once again, I realized descending the stairs. It was too quiet in the house, dad is always loud and when mom is home she cooks something, there wasn’t any food smell in the air. Grabbing an apple I took a big bite while struggling to pull on my tennis shoes, tripping as well. Cursing, I leaned against the wall and ate my apple quietly, probably wasting time. I will go by bus this morning, at least I’ll get there in time...somewhat. Throwing away the remains of the apple, I pulled my coat around my shoulders and took my backpack, running out the door and locking it. The bus station is just down the corner, so I didn’t mind hurrying. While walking a small smile spread on my lips, enjoying the warm air. The breeze moved the blooming trees leaf’s, but the clouds still remained a dark color.

Today luck is on my side, right as I arrived to the bus station the bus also pulled up. I got on and greeted the driver politely, who offered me a smile. Looking around, I found an empty seat beside a guy who had his hood pulled on, head resting against the window. A few people stared at me, it’s unusual to see me on the school’s bus, but I ignored them. Taking off my backpack, I sat quietly beside the slumping boy, facing the front. He didn’t move nor did I intend on engaging into a conversation with a stranger. I sat with my back straight, looking around the bus, many students surrounded by their friends, all loud. The guy beside me shifted and knocked his leg into mine, making me tense. Is he some kind of ert of was it accidental? Deciding to brush it off, I placed a strand of hair behind my ear. The guy cleared his throat as he shifted again, and suddenly a familiar scent hit my nose.

“Sehun?” My eyes widened as I wiped my head towards him. His eyes were wide as well as he gazed at me, hood hanging low on his head. I waited for some answer or something but he only cleared his throat again and turned away, pulling the hood until it reached his eyes. My hand reached out to grip his arm, but I stopped myself the last moment, people were watching. I can’t act so recklessly.

 

The bus ride seemed to take forever now that the stranger is actually Sehun, he kept shifting beside me and it took me everything not to speak to him. My heart was beating fast, but anger enveloped my senses. Why is he still ignoring me? I can’t take it, it’s not me the one who did wrong, why do I have to face the consequences? As the bus neared school, suddenly Sehun shoot up from his seat and walked past me, almost knocking me down from my seat. More angered, I took my backpack and stood up too. The bus stopped in the station and as Sehun stepped down, I was pushed back by the sudden mass of students wanting to get off. No, I can’t lose Sehun right now, if he goes I won’t be able to confront him. Huffing to myself, I pushed people out of my way, trying to get to Sehun before he’d get to the gates.

“Sehun!” I called loudly, alerting the people around us. This might be a big mistake, but I won’t take his acting anymore, I had enough.

“Sehun!” I exclaimed again, pushing a blond haired girl away too hard. He was almost at the gate, and I knew I would lose him if he stepped inside.

“Oh Sehun!” I shouted at the top of my lungs, embarrassed that I had to do something like this. The students were openly staring now, some with their mouths opened some with eyebrows furrowed. But at least it worked, Sehun halted his steps and in a second turned around, glaring hard at me.

“What!” He spat as I marched up to him. But standing in front of him made me speechless and I suddenly forgot what I wanted in the first place, why I’m angry at him. Taking a deep breath, I tried gathering my thoughts but Sehun seemed to run out of patience. He turned to walk away with a scoff but I grabbed his arm harshly.

“What is your problem?” I hissed at him as I turned him around “Why the hell are you ignoring me?”

I didn’t get an answer, he only raised an eyebrows, unmoving.

“Just tell me, it’s not that hard to use your mouth” I huffed frustrated “Is this your way of trying to make things right? It’s not really working--”

“Who would want to make things right?” Sehun’s deep voice silenced me “You thought I was trying to make things right? There is a reason why usually people avoid other people. It’s because they can’t stand them, don’t like them. I was staying away, you should be grateful I’m finally leaving you alone, Song Chae-Yeong, you got what you wanted...besides, who would want to be friends with you?”

Like someone slapped me on the face, I let go of his arm abruptly, taking a step back. I stared up at him, hardly believing those words actually left his lips. Am I imagining things now? Did he really say that? Gulping, I watched as he rolled his eyes and once again went to walk away.

“I can’t--I can’t believe that I--” I looked up at the sky, feeling tears in my eyes “How am I so stupid?” That was a question addressed more to myself. Really, Chae-Yeong, how are you so stupid?

“I really...thought...that after everything…” I still continued, eyebrows furrowing as I refused to look at Sehun’s back “I mean, I saved you once from dying and then you came to me after you were beaten by your own father--and things you said, I really, really, thought you were actually trying to change. And to think you are the one ignoring me, when I did nothing to you...I’m supposed to ignore you, run away from you, hate you yet I never did those...I gave you a second chance”

Taking a big breath, I nodded my head, hearing Sehun’s words inside my head.

“You should be proud, I really am stupid, Oh Sehun. You got that right all this time, and some other things too” I bit my lower lip, deciding I did as much as I could. Officially, from this moment I will give him what he wanted all this time. I got a second chance, I deserve a second chance from myself, not him. Walking past him, I still felt my heart breaking a little, because I really was hoping that maybe he really did change. I didn’t get far when I felt a warm palm against mine, fingers intertwining with mine, pulling me back. I wanted to pull away and continue my way to school but Sehun tugged on my hand and I was soon facing him, startled at the close proximity. He just stared at me simply, shaking his head before he suddenly started walking...but it wasn’t towards the school.

“What are you doing?” I asked freaking out, we can’t miss school!

“Sehun!” I exclaimed when he didn’t answer, only pulled me after him “What are you doing? We can’t miss school--”

“Yes, we can. We already did it before, what’s the problem?” Sehun said, leaving me speechless.

“No, you can’t just do that! I don’t want this, I don’t want to be around you anymore” I tugged on my hand but Sehun only held on stronger.

“Yet you will have to bear with me now” Sehun scoffed “You said you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter