14장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Today was Friday, finally. I have two days where I don’t get to see Oh Sehun and his minions...and of course Miss Universe, Park Sooyoung. I walked into school, shrugging off my coat while I walked to my locker. It was a rather humid day today, so I really hoped there won’t be rain later because I didn’t have an umbrella. I took a turn, almost running into someone.

“Hey” The guy looked at me surprised “You are Song Chae-Yeong, right?”

“And you are?” I asked, looking at the slightly taller guy.

“So, you know--those posters--” He leaned closer, making me glare at him “Are those true?”

“How stupid” I scoffed, pushing past him “Don’t believe a word Oh Sehun says”

“Okay, but--” The guy caught up to me, making me glare harder at him “I mean--you know--you are pretty cute and I was thinking--”

“She’s not available for things like that” We both stopped walking when Kyungsoo appeared in front of us, arms crossed in front of him, a deadly glare directed at the guy beside me.

“Ah, Do Kyungsoo, right?” The boy raised his eyebrows.

“Jinho, leave her alone” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, grabbing my arm and gently pulling me after him.

“Sehun is an ” I muttered under my breath, stepping out of Kyungsoo’s grip. Kyungsoo glanced at me but I looked ahead. It was weird being around him and knowing he liked me. No one told me before they liked me and it was making me feel awkward, because I’m not sure how I should act around them. And let’s not forget that guy is Do Kyungsoo, my enemies friend.

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked, looking at me worried. I was about to nod when he continued.

“Jongdae told me what happened yesterday in detention”

“What did he tell you?” I asked, looking at him. Did Jongdae tell him that I ran off or maybe what Sehun did?

“Uhm” Kyungsoo scratched the back of his head “Sehun”

“Oh, don’t worry” I sighed, shrugging “I’m fine, he didn’t do anything”

“Are you sure?” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows, looking calmer. I nodded, coming to a stop in front of my locker. I really wasn’t about to tell on Oh Sehun only to have him come after me. What he did yesterday just proved how hopeless I am against him. He’s too strong, I really stand no chance against him and that scares me more than anything.

Kyungsoo walked to his own locker, taking out his things. I took my History book, turning towards him. He was digging around his locker, searching for something.

“Are you searching for you book?” I asked, deciding to offer him a small smile. Kyungsoo looked up at me, his cheeks flushing red. I’m not sure of embarrassment that he couldn’t find his book or because I smiled at him.

“Yeah, can’t find it” Kyungsoo chuckled, closing his locker.

“How about we share mine?” I asked, waving the book in the air.

“Oh--That would be nice of you” Kyungsoo turned redder, actually making me giggle. I can’t believe I just giggled, and I think he thinks the same. Kyungsoo chuckled, his lips turning into a full smile. Wow, that smile is really a heart melting smile. Kyungsoo walked closer, taking the book from me.

“I’ll carry this” He said, waiting for me to lock my locker so we could walk to school. I’m so glad Oh Sehun and his minions weren’t here, I had a nice morning thanks to Kyungsoo.

“You know, my hands won’t fall off” I teased Kyungsoo, bumping my shoulder into his.

“Oh, yeah” Kyungsoo looked at me, his eyes wide.

“Kyungsoo” I stopped walking, turning towards him.

“Yeah?” He asked, turning towards me too.

“I won’t bite your head off, stop being to stiff” I said with a real smile, making one appear on his too.

“So…” He trailed off as we started walking again “Are we friends now?”

“No” I shook my head firmly “I might be nice to you, but I don’t trust you fully yet”

“Oh” Kyungsoo muttered, sighing a little “I can wait as long you want me to”

“Don’t wait for me” I looked at him with a small grin “It’s not worth it”

“Trust me, it is” He chuckled, heading inside class leaving me standing there. Was it really worth it? Waiting after me? After a person like me? I walked inside class with a smile, looking forward since Kyungsoo would be my seatmate.

 

By the long break approached, it was impossible for me not to go to the washroom. I could keep it inside for that long but not for longer. So leaving my things inside the classroom, I hurried to the washroom. When I entered Kyulkyung was already inside. She glanced at me but shrugged when I stopped for a moment to stare at her. Snapping out of it, I quickly went inside a stall and did my business. While flushing the toilet I heard more coming inside and I couldn’t miss Sooyoung’s annoying voice. I opened the door and walked to the sink to wash my hands. Sooyoung was in the middle of putting on some red lipstick, pausing to stare at me through the mirror.

“What?” I asked, glancing at her. I put some soap on my hands and scrubbed it.

“Nothing, you are just so pathetic” Sooyoung rolled her eyes “No wonder people make fun of you”

“More like, you, Sehun and his friends” I rolled my eyes, closing the faucet and going for a paper towel to dry my hands with.

“It’s like your face is asking for it” Sooyoung shrugged, putting on more foundation.

“At least mine is not made of plastic and powder like yours” I scoffed, throwing the paper towel into the dashbin.

“Excuse me” Sooyoung looked at me with a glare “But people don’t call me a ”

“Not in your face” I huffed, walking for the door “But behind you..”

Before I could open the door, Sooyoung’s hand was gripping the collar of my shirt, pulling me back.

“Say that again” She hissed at me. I smirked at her, brushing her hand off.

“Guys like things they can play around with--a pretty and dolled face would satisfy their needs too” I shrugged “No wonder Sehun likes to play around with you too. I mean--how many times did we hear you broke up just to be again back together--I wonder what you did to make him go back to you…scratch that, I actually don’t want to know” I chuckled, pushing past a fuming Sooyoung. This time I was yanked back by my hair, making me gasp. Sooyoung pushed me into the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter