58장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        Morning, a new day. And I barely got rest once again. I really want to blame it on the full moon, but that would be an excuse. Okay, maybe the full moon also helped but I know that’s not the main reason I didn’t sleep well. Sehun’s confession still left me on edge and I still don’t know how to feel about it. He likes me, big deal, right? Kyungsoo likes me too! Wendy and Jackson like me too! And now Oh Sehun likes me too! Big deal, right? Friends need to like each other...yet my heart still picks up when I replay the moment Sehun said those three words. Why? Because my pitiful self, before all the bullying, actually liked this stupid boy. I always admired him from far, and sometimes when I felt like it, smiled at him in the mornings. I stayed low, because I’m not that kind of girl. I hate attention, and I was shy around him...who wouldn’t be? He’s Oh Sehun, handsome sophomore (he was when I started going to Prim Elite High School), he had many friends and girls were already giving confession letters to him. So who was I to even matter? I was just a freshman, Song Chae-Yeong, ugly and with braces. People didn’t look my way twice, maybe not even once. I truly wasn’t a beauty, not like I am now, but I did improve on the looks part. And since I was antisocial mostly, I liked to go to the back of the school in breaks, where I could be alone and focus on my own things. I didn’t like to gossip, not like I like it now, so I prefered to mind my own business. And then one day, on a rainy day, it finally stopped raining and I could leave my classroom to go to the back of the school...however, it wasn’t what I was expecting. When I opened the door, at first I didn’t see him nor hear him. His hair was wet and he was sniffing, eyes red. I leaned against the door and stared up at the dark sky with a sigh, wishing for classes to be over so that I could finally go home, where I felt wanted and comfortable. And then it hit me, I felt eyes on me. When I looked towards the trash bins, he was there, curled up and eyes red as he looked at me pleadingly. Maybe it was because he wanted me to ignore him, or maybe that was his way of asking for help...something I ignored shamelessly. I don’t like disturbing others, and I wasn’t going to just magically ask Oh Sehun why he was dripping wet and eyes red. And this went on for weeks, each day, one break he would be there, crying or just staring at the wall. And then one day, when I was happy since it was my birthday and Bo-Yeong promised to go with me to the carnival, he rose from his place, face blank and eyes full with hatred. I got scared when he started advancing towards me and then he just started yelling. I didn’t know how to react, so I just let him, I thought he needed to get it out. But next day I realized I was wrong to just let him and then weeks passed, months and then years and I found myself the main laugh of the high school, the main target of Oh Sehun. Maybe I shouldn’t have turned a blind eye to his pleading eyes, but who knew back then? I was young, shy, scared and infatuated with him...biggest mistake I ever did.

 

The ringing of my phone startled me, waking me from my light slumber. It’s time for school, get ready Chae-Yeong. I was early today, like I said, I barely got some sleep so it’s not a surprise. At least I can make up for yesterday, since I missed all my classes because of Sehun.

After getting ready, I placed some concealer underneath my eyes, trying not to look like a dead person. I dressed in my uniform and sat on my bed, slumping, staring with a blank mind out the window. Finally, my mind is quiet, if it would have been all night like this I might have actually gotten some sleep. As my eyes were about to fall shut, I heard the front door downstairs being unlocked and voices. Who would visit so early? Or did perhaps dad come home? Was he grocery shopping? But there were two male voices, both familiar. Eyebrows furrowed, I took my backpack and decided to go downstairs and see for myself who decided to join us this early.

However, what I saw I can confidently say left me shocked. Dad and Sehun were in the hallway, laughing as Sehun got off his shoes. Eyes still wide, I forgot to do something, I just stood on the last step staring at my father and Sehun.

“Dragon!” Dad exclaimed, making me jump “I was about to wake you, it’s early”

My eyes drifted towards Sehun, who stood slightly behind dad, a small smile on his lips. Blinking again, I cleared my throat as I almost choked on my own saliva.

“I know, I just--I didn’t get much sleep”

“Oh, that’s bad” My dad cooed, walking further inside “What disturbed my big dragon?”

“Full moon?” I asked with a fake chuckle, patting dad’s back as he hugged me. Eyes on Sehun, I still tried to process why he was standing in our house so early in the morning and on top of that, with dad laughing.

“Right, I had a stomach ache, must be the full moon” Dad nodded, turning towards Sehun “Son, stop standing like that there, come on in!”

I watched Sehun as he acted clueless, like he’s never been inside this house. I scoffed to myself quietly, how did he even get here?

“This is a really nice house, Mr. Song, feels warm and fuzzy” Sehun commented, stopping beside me.

“Oh yes, we always hear that from others...pity Bo-Yeong isn’t here to hear it, she’d be thrilled” Dad smiled sadly, waving a hand to follow him. I glanced up at Sehun, raising an eyebrow.

“What are you doing here?” I murmured as we followed dad to the kitchen.

“I came to get you” Sehun answered, smiling at dad when he glanced back at us.

“So, you are lucky Sehun” Dad exclaimed with a grin “I already made pancakes!”

“What?” I exclaimed, eyes widening “Again?”

“Yah, be a little more grateful dragon” Dad frowned as he placed three plates on the table.

“Do I have to eat it?” I muttered as I took a seat, staring at the burned pancake.

“Yes, it’s today’s breakfast” Dad threw me a glare, placing some Nutella on the table. Sehun took a seat beside me, eyeing the food on the table.

“Why didn’t mom make some breakfast?” I whined, slumping in my seat “At least she won’t food poison us”

Sehun suddenly started laughing loudly and dad tsked, while I stared wide eyed at Sehun. He’s...laughing? Inside my house? About to have breakfast with me and my dad? And his laugh is so...ugly and loud.

“Dragon, it’s not nice to stare” My cheeks flushed red as Sehun’s eyes met mine and I muttered to myself some words, turning towards my plate.

“I wasn’t staring” I muttered, placing a pancake on my plate grumply.

“You usually make breakfast?” Sehun raised a brow as he spread some Nutella on a really burned pancake.

“Ah, whenever I have the time” Dad answered proudly, taking a seat as well.

“That’s nice” Sehun commented, taking a big bite of the pancake. My face pulled up in a grimace, already imagining the foul taste of it...I once ate a pancake like that and didn’t have appetite for the rest of the day.

“Usually my mom made breakfast or the cook, but I prefered mom’s” Sehun spoke while chewing his food.

“My Miso cooks too, she’s really good” Dad grinned as he sipped his coffee.

“Women cook well” Sehun muttered, eyes landing on me. Dad realizing Sehun was looking at me started laughing and shook his head. I narrowed my eyes at him as I finally willed myself to take a bite of my pancake.

“Most women do, but not Chae-Yeong” Dad laughed when I kicked his leg underneath the table.

“Yah! What’s your problem!” I called loudly “At least I don’t burn the pancakes and make them edible!”

“Now, my pancakes are really good” Dad rolled his eyes, feigning hurt.

“They really are” Sehun chimed in, mouth full with food “I haven’t eaten in long pancakes like this”

“What? Half burned ones? Have fun eating them” I rolled my eyes, getting up to prepare myself some cereals.

“I think not getting enough sleep made her snappy” Dad pretended to whisper to Sehun “I wonder what kept her up all night”

“Maybe a boy, thoughts about him” Sehun’s tone was teasing and I swear to god I almost dropped the cartoon of milk when I heard him saying that. How the hell? Cheeks flushing red, I prolonged the process of making my cereals, waiting for the blush to disappear.

“Ah, a boy... “ Dad trailed off “I wonder what kind of boy finally caught my daughter’s eyes”

“Maybe a tall and funny one” Sehun commented and I turned around abruptly, throwing him a glare, forgetting I was still blushing.

“Kyungsoo isn’t that tall” Dad said with a thoughtful look on his face and I almost burst out laughing at the rejected look Sehun had on his face. That’s right, that’s what you deserve for teasing me in front of my father!

“Don’t worry dad” I smiled at him as I sat down “Kyungsoo and I are good friends, he didn’t keep me all night”

“Is it someone else then?” Dad raised his eyebrows amused as Sehun nudged my leg underneath the table and I cho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter